Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad (61141 Views)

How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, CJN Tanko Muhammad, Others Under Probe / CJN Tanko Muhammad Forgot His Standing Position At Democracy Day Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Sammyblaq(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Harcourt is the man.

As he can't fly an aeroplane, that same way he can't interpret the law.

Rubbish Country.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by snowball11(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
AnanseK:

At least he will not forget to declare his assets.

I'm sure this one studied Islamic Engineering! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Buhari shouldn't be blamed, PMB didn't promote him to the levels he's today, In order of hierarchy he's the most Senior judge so he's the next person after Onoghen and Onoghen was sacked because he committed a crime.

The question should be how did this man get to this position? But we Nigerians like to blame our misfortune on other people like PMB, Apc, and pdp etc . We all forget that Nigeria is a country full of Bigots. corruption has eaten deep in the system which everyone have it's own share.

It's only in Nigeria we take compassion over competence as long as you've the money, or you fall in the same ethnic group, or belong to the same religion , or you've family connection you'll favored.

How will a country grow like that??
As far I'm concerned we're not ready as Country to move forward let the Blame game stop and let's work ourselves majority of the people criticizing PMB have in one way or the other granted someone a favor they don't actually deserve there by denying the rightful person the position Hypocrites.
you Don talk am finish...if onnoghen had declared his asset well and not leave loopholes he ll still be CJN today...moreover Supreme Court judgements are not the making of CJN it judgement given by various justices.... 2007 onnoghen voted for cancellation of elections won by yaradua...but his was minority judgement...let Nigerian understand that if this country must be to our own taste we should fix standard from bottom to top not top to bottom...
why did that judge who oversea adeleke case forgets to write attendance dat time...
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
Jchi9876:

He actually answered very correctly.
Technicalities are foundations of laws anywhere in the world.
Pdp should get over the loss of this joker dancing senator. If the law says a judge has to be available and sign register in all tribunal sittings to deliver a fair amd just judgement anything different will be a nullity irrespective of the merit so be it
as simple as ABCD is like scoring an offside goal..it won't count...rule is rule no matter how painful...how could a judge forget to register...whats the evidence the judge was present there...
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
SoNature:
Enyinnaya Abaribe is a very intelligent man.

The CJN didn't understand the question, so he didn't answer it.

He was just beating about the bush.
both u and enyinaya are hypocrites simple...the man gave a good answer...dont blame the CJN blame the system we need judicial review...
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Organs:
This is really really sad. About 90% of the folks on this thread i can guarantee you does not understand the question asked and does not understand the answer given and they are here hating and insulting based on their bias. Nigerian youths are truly lazy, stupid and now you can add uneducated to the list. Now, if you doubt me, i challenge all you idiots insulting the CJN to simple describe the question and the answer provided and how the answer was wrong. Lets see who amongst all you lazy idiots currently insulting the CJN can take up the challenge. Now to the few folks who do not understand and are open minded, the CJN clearly defined "Technicalities in law, talked about its origin and clearly explained its applicability in the courts. The CJN also talked about how "Technicalities" can be subject to different interpretations as well as what he as a Judge does and will do in any case that involves "Technicalities". Very brilliant and excellent answer.
baba leave them they already biased that's why....they were expecting the CJN to give an answer to rope him but he disappointed them...enyinaya abaribe is a noise maker dat pdp died hard fans like...anyone angry with dst judgement on osun should go ask all the Supreme Court justices who sat on it..the CJN didn't force them to take duer position...
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Coolmedown: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Qoute me anywhere...an average northerner is not seeing anything wrong in that response.

I give up!

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AZeD1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
naptu2:
There's nothing new or strange about what happened. In fact, it's almost standard.

Justice Idris Legbo Kutigi appeared before the Senate for his confirmation hearing in 2007. I watched the session live on the NTA.

President Obasanjo had done his homework and the Senate had already agreed to confirm Justice Kutigi.

The senate president, Senator Ken Nnamani told Justici Kutigi that his CV was impressive and that he would be confirmed. However, Senator Nnamani said that they were going to ask Justice Kutigi some questions, so that he could advise and guide the Senate.

I can't remember if it was Senator Ibrahim Mantu or Senator Jonathan Zwingina, but one of them asked Justice Kutigi a question. Justice Kutigi spoke at length and ended up saying absolutely nothing.

The senator was surprised and he rephrased the question. Justice Kutigi dribbled on and on and ended up saying nothing. The senate president intervened. He told Justici Kutigi that they had already agreed to confirm him and that they simply want him to advise and guide the Senate and that his advice would help them to make better laws.

Again, Justice Kutigi spoke at length, but he still didn't answer the question. The senator and the senate president were shocked. Then the senate president asked him to go and they voted and confirmed his appointment.

I was laughing at home, but I was a little bit frustrated by the actions of the senators. I could understand what was happening and I couldn't understand why the senators couldn't understand what I understood.

Justice Kutigi did not want to answer the question because he didn't want his opinion to be on record because a similar issue might be before him in court in future.

I could understand this and I was wondering why the senators did not understand this simple point.

Justice Kutigi deliberately spoke off topic because he did not want to answer the question.
Smart people can say lots of things without saying anything and not sound like an idiot(e.g motivational speakers). The CJN might have tried to evade the question but he ended up looking like a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Coolmedown:
Qoute me anywhere...an average northerner is not seeing anything wrong in that response.

I give up!
see ur problem ur are bias abnitio...so it's north vs south thing... I give up on u
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AreaFada2: 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Organs:

Smart man, i am impressed with your explanation. I wish i can send you correct Champagne. However, the CJN does not need to prove anything. He is a legal luminary and well respected amongst legal circles. Those saying rubbish are fools that know nothing, they will always exist anyways. Now, to your second point, if the CJN had said that, people can come up with lots of cases that was judged based on technicalities and say the CJN said so and so let's have the case heard again since initial judgement was based on technicalities, a case in point was where Abaribe had cited an example of a Judge not present during a sitting and i guess they'd concluded based on technicality of a Judges absence. You have to be smart in answering questions as a leader, else you rope yourself in. Again, you are a very smart man. I duff my cap sir.
Well when you come to parliament to answers any questions or be screened, it is doing so to address the masses through those sent there as parliamentarians.
No citizen whatever his achievements should ever be considered to big before the people. Not even the president or prime minister.

This is is common theme across all successful Democratic countries.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by rkennyking(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Well what I see here is CJN was trying to be as lay man as possible and at same time trying to be smart with the answer. He tried to illustrate the importance of technicalities with the pilot analogy and went on to conclude that in law the problem of technicalities is solved by law interpretation. Don't let us be always bias. I hope we also know that he his human and never knew he was going to be asked that question so dont expect him to be perfect

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by EagleNest(m): 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
The man was not talking sense at all.
And he is the CJN.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by MetaPhysical: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
So we have seen an IGP that TRANSMITTED the TRANSMISSION of NIGERIA into a TRANSMITTING TRANSMITTER in the inter-galactic TRANSMISSION wavelength.

Now we are seeing a CJN who will TECHNICALLY TECHNIQUE all of us into the next level of TECHNICALITIES.

There is goodu o! Baba God come airpus oo !! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by MetaPhysical: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
rkennyking:
Well what I see here is CJN was trying to be as lay man as possible and at same time trying to be smart with the answer. He tried to illustrate the importance of technicalities with the pilot analogy and went on to conclude that in law the problem of technicalities is solved by law interpretation. Don't let us be always bias. I hope we also know that he his human and never knew he was going to be asked that question so dont expect him to be perfect

I will SLAAAP u!!

That question could be answered spontaneously at the Law School.

What Abaribe is asking is simply to know why in some cases the law is applied narrowly but in similar incidence under different temperament it is given broad application. Why is there no uniformity?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AdeniyiA(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
Welcome to the next level of technicality piloting angry
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Krizeukay: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Chaii! This next level go bixel � ah swear down!
Let's just expect total catastrophic from judiciary, even the so called legislators, cuz they are now stooge to the executive.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
When a Chief Justice does not know that an AEROPLANE is not DRIVEN but FLOWN............ What do you expect?

That he will do justice to the question raised by Sen. Abaribe?

Abaribe only asked him why the Supreme court contradicted itself recently and what kind of judgements we should expect from the Supreme court under him........... And this guy started telling us action film

Kai!!!!!!!

Sorry Nigeria, Sorry in advance to Atiku.

sad

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by idonhammer: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
I quote you..

Zombiekiller010:
If you watch the video,you'll know that Tanko isn't making sense , technicalities is when something is technical grin
Such a good question can only be asked by an Igbo Sen, those from Northern part and Yoruba Sen are in the senate to warm chairs.
Argue with your brain

Don't quote me i'm a Yoruba man

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by berrystunn(m): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
ezenwajosh:
We told them Nigeria was not meant to be a country....I was even banned on nairaland for saying such

Nigerians are the ones holding their future and suffering

Once in all your life save money get at least tourism visa spend like 2months in civilized world and see what you all are doing to yourselves....at same time you wonder why EUROPEANS DONT WANT US IN THEIR COUNTRIES

YOU CAN'T RUN FROM HOME AND NOT HOLD YOUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE AND RUN TO EUROPE TO HOLD THEIR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR DEPORTING YOU

White black boy
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AnanseK(m): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Coolmedown:

I give up!

And all Igbos see everything wrong in the response and they don’t have to understand either the question or the answer.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AnanseK(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Esomchi800:

You are just blind can't you see that's he isn't competent enough
Most u bring Onnoghen to the issue
even the tanko soon he will join f criminal's association
Nobody be saint
At least they should find someone more qualified

He is the most qualified

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by bigcasava1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
CJN of our kwantry! God safe us
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by dochenaj: 12:19am On Jul 19, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Buhari shouldn't be blamed, PMB didn't promote him to the levels he's today, In order of hierarchy he's the most Senior judge so he's the next person after Onoghen and Onoghen was sacked because he committed a crime.

The question should be how did this man get to this position? But we Nigerians like to blame our misfortune on other people like PMB, Apc, and pdp etc . We all forget that Nigeria is a country full of Bigots. corruption has eaten deep in the system which everyone have it's own share.

It's only in Nigeria we take compassion over competence as long as you've the money, or you fall in the same ethnic group, or belong to the same religion , or you've family connection you'll favored.

How will a country grow like that??
As far I'm concerned we're not ready as Country to move forward let the Blame game stop and let's work ourselves majority of the people criticizing PMB have in one way or the other granted someone a favor they don't actually deserve there by denying the rightful person the position Hypocrites.
You have said a number of things, and I can admit that in some of them you are right. But I'll comment on the bolded section. Hypocrisy does not mean being biased or making the wrong call at a point in your life but rather continuing in that while yet living a pretentious life to those who have no knowledge of your antecedents.
So it has to be a "present continuous tense" act, not a "past tense". I hope you get my drift?
Cos according to your post, you implied that someone who might have made a regrettable decision in the past has no right to point out same behaviour if noticed in others, and that is borderline fallacious.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Commonsense101(m): 1:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Drive a Plane??
Did I just hear him say drive a plane ?? Lord have Mercy.
Not only is this Man Incompetent, his general aptitude leaves alot to be desired.!!! WTF is this ? ? ?
With all the brilliant legal minds and Luminaries in Nigeria, this is what we have in the capacity of CJN ? Lord Why.

Northern Oligarchy ....setting Nigeria back since 1914.....square pegs in round holes, critical sectors and parastatals headed by clueless clowns just for the furtherance of thier Nothernization agenda.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 19, 2019
jcross19:
can you see why people are calling APC supporters zomBs they refused to think with their brain let's put our differences one side and stand up for this country for once! so are you telling me no one is qualified to occupy that office in the whole country? because it came from buhari ? truly you are a cow!!!! this is Nigeria of buhari.
are we even sure we run a country or just an estate?
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by jcross19: 4:42am On Jul 19, 2019
omale88:
are we even sure we run a country or just an estate?
we are runny animal where cow is number one citizen.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by bigfish3k: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2019
vedaxcool:

I. Happy that Nigeria is recovering from the ipob back evil administration of locust PDP, Nigeria is achieving more with far less.

you mean that nigeria is achieving more with all the negative indices in all human and economic spheres that the UN is reeling out.
we are the worlds poverty capital, hope u know

btw, why is it only when this ur idol president is in power that oil price will fall then he will take us into recession - thats a sign of bad luck - he should stop seeking power so as not to continue suffering us
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by lastmessenger: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2019
That man is sarkki uncle and godfather. Stupid low thinking human.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by vedaxcool(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2019
bigfish3k:

you mean that nigeria is achieving more with all the negative indices in all human and economic spheres that the UN is reeling out.
we are the worlds poverty capital, hope u know

btw, why is it only when this ur idol president is in power that oil price will fall then he will take us into recession - thats a sign of bad luck - he should stop seeking power so as not to continue suffering us

I mean a Nigeria where despite low and fluctuating oil prices have paid biafra rebels their dues, paid pensioners their dues, paid defunct Nigeria Airways their dues, paid cash call to Oil Majors, bailed out bankrupt states, raised foreign reserves from 28B dollars to 45B dollars, push the number of people in poverty from 112M to 87M many more. You are left to look for the negatives while leaving the positive.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by lastmessenger: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2019
AnanseK:

And all Igbos see everything wrong in the response and they don’t have to understand either the question or the answer.
you should be crying for yourself. Do you know you are more smarter than this man called Tanko and yet you have decided to make a f..ool of yourself.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by GoldenJulius(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2019
ugorom:
You are simply saying nonsense
I will report you to CJN
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by bigfish3k: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2019
vedaxcool:

I mean a Nigeria where despite low and fluctuating oil prices have paid biafra rebels their dues, paid pensioners their dues, paid defunct Nigeria Airways their dues, paid cash call to Oil Majors, bailed out bankrupt states, raised foreign reserves from 28B dollars to 45B dollars, push t[b]he number of people in poverty from 112M to 87M many more.[/b] You are left to look for the negatives while leaving the positive.

the negatives outweighs all these that u wrote.
what is it about payment when in actual sense u wouldnt live to enjoy it because of bad security situation, having ur heart in mouth while travelling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Wears Suit To Sell Kola Nut In Abuja (Photos, Video) / See How Nnamdi Kanu Started (Throwback Photo) / Buhari Commissions Road Named After Him In Guinea Bissau (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.