Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,115 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? (1869 Views)

In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name? / If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? by MuttleyLaff: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2019
Graduateacher:
Why will God have a gender though when He doesn't need it, gender seems a worldly existence
That is why I told Dafemich, He is used, because of patriarchy, because of convenience and patriarchal reasons.

Graduateacher:
Although His form is of a male being (we are made in His image) but I don't think he's got a pp..
"You have forgotten the Rock who fathered you, and put out of mind the God who gave you birth.(i.e. mother)"
- Deuteronomy 32:18

"28Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
29Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
"
- Job 38:28-29

C'mon Graduateacher, tsk, tsk tsk. God is formless. God is a Spirit, and so has no form. God however does have masculine and feminine distinctive personalities plus characteristics associated with man and woman
Re: I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? by mrZENographer: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hungry4sex:
I hope it's not just a sign that I'm depressed, because I feel as if there is so much regrets in my life right now. I'm a Catholic and I need someone to ask about Catholic doctrines and principles. I'm ready to change I just don't know how.

Go on ask me. I used to go to Catholic church and I did alot of research about catholism.

For your changes, you need to be grounded first in the undiluted word of truth. Visiting The Lord's Chosen Church in any of our worship service is one of the best way to start.
Re: I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? by mrZENographer: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
That is why I told Dafemich, He is used, because of patriarchy, because of convenience and patriarchal reasons.

"You have forgotten the Rock who fathered you, and put out of mind the God who gave you birth.(i.e. mother)"
- Deuteronomy 32:18

"28Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
29Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
"
- Job 38:28-29

C'mon Graduateacher, tsk, tsk tsk. God is formless. God is a Spirit, and so has no form. God however does have masculine and feminine distinctive personalities plus characteristics associated with man and woman

You're implying that when the Bible say "who gave you birth," it's referring to God's gender characteristics. That's VERY WRONG.

It's like saying the only begotten Son means God gave birth to a Son (as a mother)

2) God is not formless. Its pagans think God is formless. But the bible cleared it that God made us in his own image and likeness.
Also in book of Daniel, When Nebucadnezzer looked in the fire he said "we cast three into the fire, but I see 4 people and the fourth has an appearance of the Son of God."

Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,..." (John sees the Son of God)

Genesis 1:25 "LET US create man in our image".

Jesus is a spirit. Jesus is God.
Re: I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? by MuttleyLaff: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
mrZENographer:
You're implying that when the Bible say "who gave you birth," it's referring to God's gender characteristics. That's VERY WRONG.
"So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
"
- Genesis 1:27

The personification of God usages is awash in the Bible, so nothing is very wrong. Giving birth is both a masculine and feminine distinctive characteristic, but biologically giving birth, obviously is a feminine distinctive characteristic and one that only mothers have

I put on different attire colours to reflect my mood and image I am trying to project across. I could put on a red dress to make a statement that I am fiery, vibrant and lively. The colours are not me, they are images reflecting certain aspects of me. It's the same with God, the maleness and femaleness is not God, they are just constructs made in the image of God. God really isnt male nor female

We all know what kind of image one is projecting when wearing black colours, could be mourning or trying to look sexy

mrZENographer:
It's like saying the only begotten Son means God gave birth to a Son (as a mother)
The "the only begotten" means the only person uniquely gotten this way. The phrase has nothing to do with God biologically giving birth to Jesus, as a mother, like you've put it.

mrZENographer:
2) God is not formless. Its pagans think God is formless. But the bible cleared it that God made us in his own image and likeness.
Also in book of Daniel, When Nebucadnezzer looked in the fire he said "we cast three into the fire, but I see 4 people and the fourth has an appearance of the Son of God."

Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,..." (John sees the Son of God)

Genesis 1:25 "LET US create man in our image".

Jesus is a spirit. Jesus is God.
I see you slipped on my "God is formless" banana skin comment. I am sorry, I should have made myself clearer with such a comment like that by adding to it that God is shapeless and formless like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. When you pour water into a drum, it becomes the drum of water. That is why when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said say, I AM I AM sent, I AM I AM, means I shall be that I shall be, also means whatever it is necessary for God to be that God will be. God willl be a pillar of cloud in the day and become a pillar of fire to give them light at night. God is formless, yet God can take on any form. I know it sounds like an oxymoron thing to say it that way, but God, though truly is formless, can manifest Himself in any form, just as in that Nebucadnezzer fiery furnace and etcetera
Re: I Have Been Given A Second Chance By The Holy Spirit. What Do I Do? by mrZENographer: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
"
- Genesis 1:27

The personification of God usages is awash in the Bible, so nothing is very wrong. Giving birth is both a masculine and feminine distinctive characteristic, but biologically giving birth, obviously is a feminine distinctive characteristic and one that only mothers have

I put on different attire colours to reflect my mood and image I am trying to project across. I could put on a red dress to make a statement that I am fiery, vibrant and lively. The colours are not me, they are images reflecting certain aspects of me. It's the same with God, the maleness and femaleness is not God, they are just constructs made in the image of God. God really isnt male nor female

We all know what kind of image one is projecting when wearing black colours, could be mourning or trying to look sexy

The "the only begotten" means the only person uniquely gotten this way. The phrase has nothing to do with God biologically giving birth to Jesus, as a mother, like you've put it.

I see you slipped on my "God is formless" banana skin comment. I am sorry, I should have made myself clearer with such a comment like that by adding to it that God is shapeless and formless like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. When you pour water into a drum, it becomes the drum of water. That is why when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said say, I AM I AM sent, I AM I AM, means I shall be that I shall be, also means whatever it is necessary for God to be that God will be. God willl be a pillar of cloud in the day and become a pillar of fire to give them light at night. God is formless, yet God can take on any form. I know it sounds like an oxymoron thing to say it that way, but God, though truly is formless, can manifest Himself in any form, just as in that Nebucadnezzer fiery furnace and etcetera

The 'only begotten' means Jesus is the Spirit/word of God. We as humans have a spirit which in this context is our 'only begotten".

You haven't seen God or his form. This is you being silly.
Moreover, the Biblical characters and God himself always portrayed God as a "HE".
Never, not even once was God referred to as "SHE" by any character.
Stating God is formless as though you have seen him and conclusively turning your opinions to facts. I hate that. God is not formless. Stop insulting your Creator and making yourself even more silly
That God has all power to change or turn anything to anything doesn't mean he is formless.

God has a form that's why he said let's create man in our image. "IMAGE" is synonmous to "FORM". (noun)
God is GOD. (I am that I AM) a.k.a God Almighty/God of all gods).

PS, stop chasing shadows.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Prophecy Fulfilled: Where The Carcase is, There The Eagles Gathered / Dealing With Spirit Spouse / Miracles Are Still Real (crippled Up Then Healed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.