Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,027 members, 7,849,148 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time (1533 Views)

The 9 Best Family Cars Of 2019 / 5 Best Selling Cars Of All Time - All Still In Production / Facebook To Start Selling Cars From Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by hrhjnr(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
1. The first Toyota Corolla debuted in 1966 and the model became the best-selling car in the world by 1974. It still holds the record for most units sold with 40 million and counting.

2. The Ford F150 was introduced all the way back in 1948. The quality of the first models was questionable, but through constant improvements over the years, the vehicle has now sold over 35 million units worldwide, making Ford the king of pickups.

3. Also known as the Rabbit, the Volkswagen Golf is the German automaker’s most successful model. Since its debut in 1974, the hatchback has sold more than 27.5 million units.

4. The Volkswagen Beetle has had one of the longest production runs in automotive history, dating all the way back to 1938. Its cheap price and unique design were responsible for 23.5 million worldwide sales and counting.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by hrhjnr(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
5. The Ford Focus debuted in Europe in 1968 and made its way to the States in 1981. Even though it’s no longer in production, it’s still one of the highest-selling models in history with roughly 18 million sold.

6. Honda was considering pulling out of the automotive market altogether before theCivic debuted in 1972, so the Civic is essentially Honda’s savior. Total sales for all models combined are roughly 18.5 million units and counting.

7. The Honda Accord debuted in 1976 and became the first vehicle to be sold by Honda in the United States, where it has been a best-seller since 1989. With that context, 17.5 million units sold is hardly surprising

8. Amazingly, Ford’s Model T has been out of production for close to a century, but it’s still among the top selling cars ever made. Its run lasted only 20 years, which makes it the highest selling car in this list on a per-year basis. Being the first car that the average American could afford, it’s hardly a surprise.

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by hrhjnr(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
9. The Volkswagen Passat has been through 7 generations and over 15.5 million units sold since its 1973 debut. Its combination of luxury and price makes it a great family vehicle that is able to stay relevant in the competitive sedan market.

10. The first Chevy Impalas were made in 1958 and the company has sold over 14 million units since then. Its popularity recently took a dip, but the 2014 redesign promises to restore the sedan to its former glory.

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by kingreign(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Toyota camry and Toyota crown nko? tongue tongue
Team toyota giving team Mercedes Benz headache and heartaches since 1985 cool

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by alphaNomega: 6:49am On Jul 20, 2019
It just hit me. These keke napep we have running all over the place are just VW Beetles with 3 tyres

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by pacino26(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
kingreign:

Dem de come for you and I'll testify against this your blasphemy o!
Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by king406(m): 1:59am On Jul 22, 2019
kingreign:
you think we want plenty people to buy benz grin, we want to stand out, as people just dey buy w204 c class so, the thing dey vex me angry
Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by nurey(m): 4:36am On Jul 22, 2019
king406:
you think we want plenty people to buy benz grin, we want to stand out, as people just dey buy w204 c class so, the thing dey vex me angry

Benz fans would never seem to amaze me, don't go and up your game, be telling C0CK and bull story. I am in my Toyota come and beat me
Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by weyreypey: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2019
nurey:

Benz fans would never seem to amaze me, don't go and up your game, be telling C0CK and bull story. I am in my Toyota come and beat me

Why should we beat you? Izzit not the same Toyota you were nearly kidnapped inside by a pursuing Passat?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by nurey(m): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2019
weyreypey:

Why should we beat you? Izzit not the same Toyota you were nearly kidnapped inside by a pursuing Passat?

"Almost" doesn't count
Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by weyreypey: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2019
nurey:

"Almost" doesn't count

King of the Road

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by nurey(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2019
weyreypey:

King of the Road
You have a "right to your opinion" which isn't always "right"
Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by king406(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2019
nurey:

up my game to a toyota?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest-selling Cars Of All Time by nurey(m): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
king406:
up my game to a toyota?

I meant Benz in general not you as an individual. And please stop associating me with Toyota always haba.

(1) (Reply)

Are These The Top 10 Ugliest Suvs Of All Time? / My Toyota Car Keep Showing Hood Open / Jaguar Xtype Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.