Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,869 members, 7,859,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server (1292 Views)

Presidential Tribunal Bans Public Analysis Of Its Proceedings / Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory / Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists Of Candidates, Says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by singa4real: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
ABUJA – An Information Communication Technology, ICT, expert from Kenya, Mr. David Njorga, on Friday, maintained before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja, that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, transmitted results of the February 23 presidential election, to a central server.

Njorga, who was subpoenaed to appear as a witness in the petition the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, lodged to challenge the outcome of the presidential election, said he conducted analysis and findings on result of the election as was electronically transmitted to the server.

He said results from the server was directly copied to a website he gave as www.factsdontlieng.com, which he said was created by an official of INEC that acted as a Whistle-blower. The Kenyan who testified as the PW-58, tendered a copy of the subpoena that was issued for him to appear before the tribunal. While INEC’s lawyer, Yunus Usman, SAN, and that of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Prince Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, said they were not opposed to admissibility of the subpoena, however, President Muhammadu Buhari’s lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, SAN, challenged it. Olanipekun said his client would give his reasons in his final written address. The document was admitted and marked as exhibit P-91 by the Justice Mohammed Garba-led five-member panel tribunal.

Under Cross-Examination, Njorga, who was described as an “Expert Witness”, admitted that he was not in Nigeria when the presidential election took place. He said confirmation from a global ICT tool, WHOIS.com, revealed that the website that contained data from the sever, began to function on March 12 when the domain name was registered. Asked if the essence of the website was to ensure that people had access to election results as they were being transmitted, the witness said: “If you look at information explicitly put on the website by the author who is an INEC official, those were data from the server. “The INEC official is anonymous. It is a whistle-blower”. Asked if the whistle-blower could be a robot, he said: “My lords robots do not create websites”, saying it was international best practice to shield identity of the INEC official. The witness acknowledged that the website from which he conducted his analysis does not belong to INEC. “It does not belong to INEC but the data it contained were from INEC’s servers. I have never worked for the INEC before”, he added. He said he used scientific methods to trace the source of the data. Asked if he was aware that the IP address has been used by many corporate organizations all over the world, he said it was true. Asked why he did not attach his certificates to his statement on oath, the witness said: “My lords I am a professional. I have the certificates with me, if you like I can show it”. Continuing, the witness told the tribunal that INEC managed four websites, saying it was not correct that none of them contained the data he analysed. He said exhibit A5 contained extract from all the websites. Asked if he was aware that the Presidential Result Sheet that had all the results that were announced by INEC, was opened on March 24, the witness said he was not sure. Asked if he was aware that one Mr. Dinita created the INEC App, the witness said he does not know. Under further cross-examination, the witness said if granted the access, he could decrypt every data in INEC’s server. When he was handed one of the exhibits he claimed contained some printouts from the server, the witness said he was not authorised to decrypt them. “Technically, I can, but I am not authorised to reveal this data”, saying only the INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, could grant him access to decrypt data in the server. “I will decrypt the data and it will confirm that the information on the website where from the direct source”. Insisting that he linked the website to the server, the witness said: “I am well experienced in information/Data Sciences and I use scientific methods which any expert can confirm”. He said it was possible for someone to use the same scientific methods he used to gain access to the server, to tamper with its contents. He said contents of the server could be changed through the same method. The witness however refused to disclose the name of who engaged and paid him to undertake the assignment. “My lords I was not paid for this job, only my logistics were paid for”. Asked if it was not important to state in his expert report before the tribunal, who engaged him and the scope of his assignment, the witness said: “That is true, but as an expert who belongs to various bodies of knowledge, the method I used was what is approved”.

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/presidential-tribunal-kenyan-ict-expert-testifies-says-inec-has-server/

1 Like

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by Akachukwu42(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nawa
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by CharleyBright(m): 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good.
Why on earth should INEC be foolishly lying that they don't have a Server that they budgeted for and collected monies for?
Mammud Yakub did a fraudulent election and declared Buhari winner when he lost and now have to be telling obvious lies to cover for Buhari.
In sane climes, INEC chairman and his INEC officials will spend time in jail for lying under oath.

Corruption is not only when someone steals public funds. The worst corruption is when someone fraudulently assumes a Presidential office he didn't win.

7 Likes

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by Blizzy9ja: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
They keep asking silly questions to suit the deception and further confuse their gullible supporters... The guy said he can use scientific method which is globally acceptable to decrypt data from the server and they're still asking who hired him

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by meavox: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
It's all about Buhari by hook or by crook, creating a strong legacy for Fulani from all over Africa to take over this land called Nigeria.
It's not about what is right, or just. But Buhari is in power. And will use State power and State money (South's money) to make Fulani have a strong hold here, where they are not indigenous but a settler people.

However, his plans are unraveling. Now the Fulani agenda is out in the open and the indigenous people are as a bloc uniting and going to remove such government. Not only that if we are going to be one Nigeria, it is going to be by CONFEDERATION. Or we SPLIT UP. In either case, we are going to SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM AREWA. Since Buhari has used illegal immigration of Fulani into the country to change the demographics, every region now MUST be in charge of its borders. Otherwise this flood of Fulani will be a perpetual existential threat to the indigenous peoples of South and Middle belt.

I will attach two maps of how we can separate away from Arewa either as a Confederation or Split up. Both maps will work for either of these options.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by kayfra: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
meavox:

It's all about Buhari by hook or by crook, creating a strong legacy for Fulani from all over Africa to take over this land called Nigeria.
It's not about what is right, or just. But Buhari is in power. And will use State power and State money (South's money) to make Fulani have a strong hold here, where they are not indigenous but a settler people.

However, his plans are unraveling. Now the Fulani agenda is out in the open and the indigenous people are as a bloc uniting and going to remove such government. Not only that if we are going to be one Nigeria, it is going to be by CONFEDERATION. Or we SPLIT UP. In either case, we are going to SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM AREWA. Since Buhari has used illegal immigration of Fulani into the country to change the demographics, every region now MUST be in charge of its borders. Otherwise this flood of Fulani will be a perpetual existential threat to the indigenous peoples of South and Middle belt.

I will attach two maps of how we can separate away from Arewa either as a Confederation or Split up. Both maps will work for either of these options.

Lower territory needs to be broken into two Niger Delta and Igboland. Makes it perfect IMO

1 Like

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by id911(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Atiku clearly won the elections fair and square but INEC fraudulently announced one Mohammadu Buhari as the Winner. We will certainly reclaim our stolen mandate Insha Allah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by Freegift75: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
TRASH

A witness invalidating his evidence, shioh

How can you claim before the Court that you used the best scientific method to link the result to INEC server and you also claim such method can be used to alter the server's contents.

This translates to mean a confession buttressing the fact that he was paid to alter the server's content to favour his client.

Bunch of numskulls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by id911(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Freegift75:
TRASH

How can you claim before the Court that you used the best scientific method to link the result to INEC server and you also claim such method can be used to alter the server's contents.

This translates to mean a confession buttressing the fact that he was paid to alter the server's content to favour his client.

Bunch of numskulls

Does INEC has a server? That's the bone of contention here bro...answer the question conscientiously then we begin from there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by 35824L: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
id911:

Does INEC has a server? That's the bone of contention here bro...answer the question conscientiously then we begin from there
INEC has already told the tribunal that they don't have a server. Atiku and the kenyan he imported should use 'scientific methods' to prove the existence of the server. The burden of proof rests on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by jlinkd78(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
INEC budgeted for a server which over a billion Naira was accordingly released. It beats my imagination that d zombified Nigerians are not asking d very fundamental question of what INEC did with our collective fund but unpatriotically arguing on d side of political inclinations . Really a shame. INEC will have a lot of challenge in sustaining d no server argument cos d issue is now a matter for intellectual discourse where emptiness and ignoramus background take back stage. I pray and hope d magic embarked upon by INEC be unravelled with incontrovertible facts

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by tuniski: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Freegift75:
TRASH

Bunch of numskulls
He didn't invalidate his testimony rather he opened a window that INEC might be working to doctor the result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by cosef: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
I previously believed that Buhari actually won the election but after perusing the facts on that facts dont lie website, with screenshots and forensic proofs, it is as clear as daylight that Atiku actually won and Mahmoud Yakubu should be crashing in jail for subverting the people's will.

The facts are very hard and stubborn and I warn the Supreme Court justices to desist from authenticating the fraudulent electoral exercise that brought in Buhari by abandoning substance and chasing technicalities.

They should call a spade a spade even at the risk of their own lives. That is why they are Supreme Court Justices.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by vacanci: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
singa4real:
"He said it was possible for someone to use the same scientific methods he used to gain access to the server, to tamper with its contents"/

This is where Atiku lost the case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by garfield1: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
cosef:
I previously believed that Buhari actually won the election but after perusing the facts on that facts dont lie website, with screenshots and forensic proofs, it is as clear as daylight that Atiku actually won and Mahmoud Yakubu should be crashing in jail for subverting the people's will.

The facts are very hard and stubborn and I warn the Supreme Court justices to desist from authenticating the fraudulent electoral exercise that brought in Buhari by abandoning substance and chasing technicalities.

They should call a spade a spade even at the risk of their own lives. That is why they are Supreme Court Justices.

Mr m,atiku has lost the case already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Kenyan ICT Expert Testifies, Says INEC Has Server by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
I wonder how much Buhari led APC government paid Prof Mahmoud to deny Atiku his mandate .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Motunrayo Ajia Bags 5.0CGPA From Covenant University, Nigeria / Broom Has Swept Off Last Of The 16 Rebellious Senators - Oshiomhole Mocks Melaye / 11 Facts You Should Know About Late Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.