Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,130 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ (9813 Views)

Rumble Disables Access To Its Video Platform In France, Because Of Content Requi / I Need Recommendation For A Tecno Phone For My Son Of 17yrs, For 25/30000 / How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Qaisar1: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
The algorithm is perfect
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Kingkun69(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
No algorithm can work so perfectly, research on such areas and AI will continue till the end of time.
That's why Google reverse image search is 80% correct, can never be 100%.
Same reason social media found it hard taking down the new Zealand shooting vid because it looked like a POV shooting game.
i saw the vid before it was taken down it was actually quite horrific
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
Kingkun69:
i saw the vid before it was taken down it was actually quite horrific

Yea, the guy's intention was fun video game mass shooting if not he would have killed a lot more. He had different types of customised riffles which he kept in his car like a weapon arsenal.
He made sure he used all those riffles on his victims, and he ran back to his car to always change the riffle and throws each away after he's satisfied with it. Its very horrific, I watched the full version not the short version. Gun is not funny, the way the bullet was shaking the people on the ground at close range as If they are pieces of paper.
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Virus99: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
Yonce:
I like YouTube algorithm. grin

Sometimes it recommends random videos I end up enjoying. . . .other times it's videos from 2008 that make no sense but has millions of views because it's in everyone's "recommended"

The algorithm actually uses your browsing history to generate recommended videos for you. Like if you have always watch movie trailers on YouTube, the YouTube algorithm will most times bring suggestions of movie trailers.

Now once you click a recommendation and watch it... 100% of the time it will always bring suggested videos of ones similar to that.

Like me, I only watch battle ground and football videos so that's the kinda suggestions I often get.
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Yonce(f): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
Virus99:

The algorithm actually uses your browsing history to generate recommended videos for you. Like if you have always watch movie trailers on YouTube, the YouTube algorithm will most times bring suggestions of movie trailers.

Now once you click a recommendation and watch it... 100% of the time it will always bring suggested videos of ones similar to that.

Like me, I only watch battle ground and football videos so that's the kinda suggestions I often get.

I know but sometimes the most random video recommendations come up that aren't related to anything I previously watched.
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Nature8(m): 12:23am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by chiboy1116: 1:19am On Jul 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Number 1 data consuming app...Una well done.
Snapchat says hi
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Fragility6: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2019
ABCthings:
If you don't like something live it and stop spoiling other people business
(╯°□°)╯︵(\ .o.)\
If only you know how much of your privacy is being known you wouldn't talk this way.
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by seunmohmoh(f): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2019
chiboy1116:
Snapchat says hi
Who be snapchat near youtube
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Curry30: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2019
Is that why they bombard me with useless Jumia adverts?
Nonsense.
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Revolva(m): 10:01am On Jul 21, 2019
AntiBalaka:
JewTube is owned by Jewgle and is funded by same jew rats who floated jewbook

And so what is that your problem

Learn to appreciate

Ask your self wat can your race do noting but consume and hate one another
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by uuzba(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Number 1 data consuming app...Una well done.
They made their software for their self. Your long-eye from Nigeria is looking at it
Then ya complaining about data?

Who send you this message?
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by seunmohmoh(f): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2019
uuzba:

They made their software for their self. Your long-eye from Nigeria is looking at it
Then ya complaining about data?

Who send you this message?
undecided undecided
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by uuzba(m): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2019
Revolva:

And so what is that your problem

Learn to appreciate

Ask your self wat can your race do noting but consume and hate one another
I'm really sad about this. Our Education has been messed up, Electricity messed up. And civic duty, messed up.
We're just here unable to do anything but consume

1 Like

Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by sulasa07(m): 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
nwaobitex:
All I get is cat videos
Maybe you are a cat person,
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by Snapchat: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Who be snapchat near youtube
HI smiley
Re: YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ by seunmohmoh(f): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: My Mtn 3g Modem Disconnects Frequently / How Can I Watch Youtube Videos On Java Phone / Physical Or Virtual ! Which Is Your Favorite ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.