Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? (19005 Views)

Using The Faceapp Is Fun But Here Is What You Should Know / Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy / If You Installed Faceapp, You Should Be Aware Of Its Privacy Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Lizilicious(f): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
What is face app sef?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
These Russian developers are awesome.
I heard the wireless Lab coy uses neural network technology to automatically generate highly realistic transformations of faces.
Cool

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by HitlerGaddafi: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
Una dey use Facebook and Instagram without concern but na faceapp de fear you

3 Likes

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by AntiWailer: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
Billions of pictures are on Facebook.

Why should I be scared of face app.

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Timi1990(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
USA govt with bad belle . Facebook, Instagram & google are even worse when it comes to privacy

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by ibkayee(f): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Iogobenz:
I'm more interested in how they were able to make something like that.
Cc ibkayee,mind sharing some tips?
Never done it before but from the sounds of it uses Artificial Intelligence to detect certain positions on your face (based on the average human’s facial setup) and then applies whichever filter you’ve chosen (in this case the age filter) to apply things like wrinkles, maybe some facial hair? Etc.

2 Likes

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Jsst: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
But whats the difference between faceapp and facebook. They all steal our data
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Most apps these days come with their unpalatable terms and conditions. Everyone is getting smarter. No one is ready to write codes and give apps out to people for nothing. That's why android lately made different strict permission settings on their OS.

If you gave an app the permission to access your pics and media, then cry foul to no one.
Enjoy your old age look, while the app enjoys your gallery.
what’s in ur gallery that the app will want to enjoy sef. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
what’s in ur gallery that the app will want to enjoy sef. Mtcheeew

The celebrities not the common man.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Godwin2am(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
Iogobenz:
I'm more interested in how they were able to make something like that.
Cc ibkayee,mind sharing some tips?
THAT IS SET OF ALGORITHM AND CODES PROGRAMED TO FOLLOW A CERTAIN PATTERN IN MULTIPLE CHOICES IN RESPECT TO INITIAL SHAPE, COLOUR AND ETHINIC RACE
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by CharlesJok3r: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Hope you all realize that your are not paying FaceApp any cash for using their software. Making this kind of app is no easy too. I don't see anything wrong with the term, licence and conditions of using this app. If the developers want ownership of your photos for using their software I don't see anything bad. It's a win/win for both party.
Nobody has privacy again in this 21st century as long as you are an active user of the www and Internet.

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by MrBONE2(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Most apps these days come with their unpalatable terms and conditions. Everyone is getting smarter. No one is ready to write codes and give apps out to people for nothing. That's why android lately made different strict permission settings on their OS.

If you gave an app the permission to access your pics and media, then cry foul to no one.
Enjoy your old age look, while the app enjoys your gallery.

grin

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
And what will b the enjoyment in looking at celebrities gallery?
Gratefulheart01:

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
And what will b the enjoyment in looking at celebrities gallery?

Why talking like a novice. Why do hackers hack accounts etc to access celebrity info?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
Nigga if they want to hack into any celeb phone they don’t need to waste their time in creating any app. Bottom line is your data is not protected, it never is. I wonder what’s special about ur data that u are so concerned with the protection sef
Gratefulheart01:

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
That’s what I just said. U don’t need any ducking app for this
Gratefulheart01:

Why talking like a novice. Why do hackers hack accounts etc to access celebrity info?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
Nigga if they want to hack into any celeb phone they don’t need to waste their time in creating any app. Bottom line is your data is not protected, it never is. I wonder what’s special about ur data that u are so concerned with the protection sef

Why do some nairaland behave like they dont understand nor can read?
I've I said anything like protecting my personal data? What I said is just a general comment for most apps nowadays.
They dont need to waste time ? How? Hacker will just be in his room and hack Beyonce phone with voodoo?
The app is the door to access whatever they want. A kid even knows that.

1 Like

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
That’s what I just said. U don’t need any ducking app for this
So how will you do it?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
Go ask google. I resemble hacker abi. Or u don’t know they can tap into ur phone. Take ur time to open this link https://myactivity.google.com/. Sign into ur gmail and u will b surprise
Gratefulheart01:

So how will you do it?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
Nigga yes they don’t need Beyoncé to install any app before they can hack her phone. They just need little information and they will hack it easily. U never meet mad hackers Na why u Dey talk like this.
Gratefulheart01:

Why do some nairaland behave like they dont understand nor can read?
I've I said anything like protecting my personal data? What I said is just a general comment for most apps nowadays.
They dont need to waste time ? How? Hacker will just be in his room and hack Beyonce phone with voodoo?
The app is the door to access whatever they want. A kid even knows that.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
Go ask google. I resemble hacker abi. Or u don’t know they can tap into ur phone. Take ur time to open this link https://myactivity.google.com/. Sign into ur gmail and u will b surprise

You dumb a bit. You dont know and you keep arguing blindly. Some ignorant NLanders just quote you when they don't even know what they are talking about. I just wanted you to admit you're confused.
Now u can't answer a simple question. Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lol why do u sound so pained na. It’s obvious u live in the 15th century to think u need to install an app before ur phone can be hacked.
Gratefulheart01:

You dumb a bit. You dont know and you keep arguing blindly. Some ignorant NLanders just quote you when they don't even know what they are talking about. I just wanted you to admit you're confused.
Now u can't answer a simple question. Have a nice day.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
Lol why do u sound so pained na. It’s obvious u live in the 15th century to think u need to install an app before ur phone can be hacked.

I sound pained having wasted my time replying an ignorant slowpoke. I took you serious initially but later realised, you neither understood my post nor what you were saying yourself.
Some smart people deviced an app to infiltrate people's privacy. U came here claiming they dont need a app. I asked you then, what should they do instead, yet you can't still answer the simple question. By now, you should have realised how slow you're but if you still don't realise, it shows you're even more slow than I thought.
Someone have app to withdraw money from your account. U said he doesn't need the the app. App or holding you at gun point. Whichever way, he doesn't care. His aim is to get your money, as long as the app does that. His aim is achieved.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by LeoFish92(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
Apepworm:
Wow

What do you hope to achieve with all these off topic religious thingy you post everywhere?
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
U just said something amazingly brainless. Like I said earlier ur phone can be hacked without u installing any app. They just need some private details of your phone and that’s it. U can go on crying and ranting about ur stupidity. Take care.
Gratefulheart01:

I sound pained having wasted my time replying an ignorant slowpoke. I took you serious initially but later realised, you neither understood my post nor what you were saying yourself.
Some smart people deviced an app to infiltrate people's privacy. U came here claiming they dont need a app. I asked you then, what should they do instead, yet you can't still answer the simple question. By now, you should have realised how slow you're but if you still don't realise, it shows you're even more slow than I thought.
Someone have app to withdraw money from your account. U said he doesn't need the the app. App or holding you at gun point. Whichever way, he doesn't care. His aim is to get your money, as long as the app does that. His aim is achieved.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2019
people are saying its not trustworthy 'cause its a Russian app and these trust issues are instigated by the USA.

2 Likes

Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by adedayoa2(f): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
Why are they in a hurry to become old? When old age come, nobody go tell them.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
echibuogwu:
U just said something amazingly brainless. Like I said earlier ur phone can be hacked without u installing any app. They just need some private details of your phone and that’s it. U can go on crying and ranting about ur stupidity. Take care.

The more you reply, the more you sound dumb. How do they get private details of your phone without a gimmick? And even if they get the details of your phone? Can someone get the private pics on your phone just by knowing your phone details? Dont tell me you this dumb.
I dont have access to your phone or gallery, but I just know some details about your phone, and boom I just get all the pics in your phone with the details of your phone? Are you pretending to be dumb or you really this dumb?
You can keep saying whatever trash, but at least I made you realize how slow you are. Next time you will think before replying people's post anyhow.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by echibuogwu(m): 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
It’s really pointless talking to you... you are dumber than I thought.
Gratefulheart01:

The more you reply, the more you sound dumb. How do they get private details of your phone without a gimmick? And even if they get the details of your phone? Can someone get the private pics on your phone just by knowing your phone details? Dont tell me you this dumb.
I dont have access to your phone or gallery, but I just know some details about your phone, and boom I just get all the pics in your phone with the details of your phone? Are you pretending to be dumb or you really this dumb?
You can keep saying whatever trash, but at least I made you realize how slow you are. Next time you will think before replying people's post anyhow.
Re: How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? by wifeesnatcher(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
Starboytwo:
If you haven't used face app lemme see your hand up

I need it not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Announces Unbreakable Flexible OLED Smartphone Display / Tariffs On Data, Voice Calls May Go Up / Oppo A31: Specifications And Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.