Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion (1369 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by magicfingers009: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hi Car Talk Gurus,

Please help. My Honda City goes off on motion especially when I’m about to overtake another car.

I was able to scan the car and this is the error code I got P1659. I have taken the car to a few mechanics and they all say different things. Some say it’s the fuel pump, others say the car has an inbuilt security system. I asked the person who last drove the car before it was sold by the company he worked in, he said the car does not have any security.

Whenever this issue occurs, the car loses power, though the ac would keep working. In that ignition position, if you try starting the car, it would not come on until you put it off and try again.

The car really embarrassed me yesterday. Please gurus help out. It’s worrisome.
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by kingreign(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
magicfingers009:
Hi Car Talk Gurus,

Please help. My Honda City goes off on motion especially when I’m about to overtake another car.

I was able to scan the car and this is the error code I got P1659. I have taken the car to a few mechanics and they all say different things. Some say it’s the fuel pump, others say the car has an inbuilt security system. I asked the person who last drove the car before it was sold by the company he worked in, he said the car does not have any security.

Whenever this issue occurs, the car loses power, though the ac would keep working. In that ignition position, if you try starting the car, it would not come on until you put it off and try again.

Throttle body malfunction, check the relay. and have the throttle body and throttle pedal checked and fixed.
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by magicfingers009: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
kingreign:

Throttle body malfunction, check the relay. and have the throttle body and throttle pedal checked and fixed.
Thanks a lot boss. But what do I tell the mechanic that he would understand? Can you help break it down? I’m in PH and some mechanics here can damage vehicles. I found one I can trust but I am not sure he would understand if I tell him this. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by kingreign(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
magicfingers009:

Thanks a lot boss. But what do I tell the mechanic that he would understand? Can you help break it down? I’m in PH and some mechanics here can damage vehicles. I found one I can trust but I am not sure he would understand if I tell him this. Thanks in anticipation

I can't easily upload pictures online I would had done that to show you. But lemme try if it will upload.
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by Zdoh(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
magicfingers009:
Hi Car Talk Gurus,

Check the relay and fuse boss..... Call a very good rewire because it’s not a mechanical issue.
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by magicfingers009: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
Zdoh:
Check the relay and fuse boss..... Call a very good rewire because it’s not a mechanical issue.
Thanks for the advice. But what should we check out for? So they do not damage something else.
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by magicfingers009: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
kingreign:

I can't easily upload pictures online I would had done that to show you. But lemme try if it will upload.
Alright. Would be glad if you can
Re: HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion by Zdoh(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
magicfingers009:

Thanks for the advice. But what should we check out for? So they do not damage something else.
Ensure they don’t touch the Brian box and also ensure the person that will remove those gadget is very good in coupling. Some of them will couple anyhow and the faces will not be thane same again. Don’t allow anybody to touch your engine if not an expert.

(1) (Reply)

Man Shares His Encounter With A 22 Years Old Female Mechanic In Abuja / Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine / How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.