Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School (14253 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Chybyke07(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
Boarding school was something.
1.  Soaking a handful of garri for 2 hours to make it rise.

2. Being caught smoking paper by a prefect during night prep. Received uncountable strokes of cane that night.

3. Classmate of mine asked for sugar to add to his milk. Gave the guy salt. I resemble Dankote sugar abi  cry

4. Copying class notes for spoilt brats from well to do parents at 5 naira per page. No be today huzzling start.

5. Woke up one night to go to the gents. Heard one guy snoring like Zebrudaya. Men, I never knew I could run so fast.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2010
Boarding school was something.
1. Soaking a handful of garri for 2 hours to make it rise.

i forgot this one cheesy cheesy

i also remeber cold indomie noodles

and what some fellas called survivor series

when guys were out of grub, they would pool what they had together into a meal, then sit round it and start gisting. (this was after lights out) last guy awake got to chop. cheesy

watching and laughing at wack movies

chei! the whole school watching pirated movie on 20" tv during socials cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by spawnx: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2010
Unity Ikere. I had devils for seniors. Had to go fetch water from stream and would miss dinner, if u come across

1.Nice senior- ll fetch a cup or two from each ones bucket
2.Mean senior- would pour half of your water
3.Devil senior- would pour all your water and give you empty bucket
4.Lucifer- would tell all ya to put your buckets under his bunk and scram

Dont 4get u missed dinner.
so we always sent a scout first, if he didnt get drafted for someevil assignment shocked
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ultrame(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
I fondly remember UNITY IKERE for two things

1. We save all our provisions for the eve of End of Term holidays we fondly called RED NIGHT.
On Red Nights, we put lanterns in red buckets and carry it on our heads, running about the whole school shouting red night, red night,
Pretty amazing,   One of the beautiful times we look forward to in those dark times.

2. Inspection Time, which is every last Saturday of the month, Male prefects and the housemaster (Mr. Fagba) inspect the female hostels while the Female prefects and their housemistress inspect the male hostels. Because its a big No-No to even go near the opposite gender's hostel, its pretty remarkable to see a girl strutting confidently down the male hall room. You can also easily spot the guys trying so hard to hide their simulteneous feelings of embarrassment and excitement spurred on by the female presence.

By God, I miss those days.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by base10: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
Wen i was in js3 a group of female senior students cald me and they gav me a packet of cornflakes after which they asked me to tel dem the senior student wit d biggest manliness
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Dizzy001(m): 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Which senior bullied me,, NONE, they only paid me to help them do something,and i bullied someone to do it,(free money wink )

Minus that ive gotten beat up mad by just one senior called Aham (seee name) and he then became my school father (see life)

Besides those two, you gats giv reps 2 master reps

I dey feel myself here ooooooooohhhhhhhhh
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by ijawgirl: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2010
When Senoir boys read my diary-
Damn I almost commited suicide
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Gaygurl(f): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2010
Wud neva 4get d first day i became a boarder, as their normal rituals, d seniors alwaz bring up a trick up 2 torture d jjc's. Dey told me ma first assignment ws 2 go bring dem a novel 4rm anoda student wit da title of 'MY JOURNEY WOULD NEVA END'. Dt day i got transferd 4rm one student 2 anoda searchn 4 d book, walkd al d way 4rm hostels 2 dinnin hall, prep halls, field, i waka tire dt day, didnt knw wen i strtd cryin. D seniors lata purnishd me 4 nt bringn dem d novel, ws assignd 2 wash two dormitories. Boardn skul aint a place 4 me, got bullies also cos am kinda quiet nd mst studnts tuk advantage of dt. I hate dt place!
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ultrame(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2010
spawnx:

Unity Ikere. I had devils for seniors. Had to go fetch water from stream and would miss dinner, if u come across

1.Nice senior- ll fetch a cup or two from each ones bucket
2.Mean senior- would pour half of your water
3.Devil senior- would pour all your water and give you empty bucket
4.Lucifer- would tell all ya to put your buckets under his bunk and scram

Dont 4get u missed dinner.
so we always sent a scout first, if he didnt get drafted for someevil assignment shocked

^^^^^
LWKMD

Dude we attended the same school! what class and house were you.  I was in Graduating class of '98, Afolabi Ajayi House.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by oddy4real(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
i remember taking girls to the bush to bang at night, with mats. That what is called consensual sex, you know what i mean. I WILL NEVER FORGET MAYFLOWER SCHOOL IKENNE TILL I KISS THE DUST
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by iyatrustee(f): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2010
Seems we have some unity ikere guys in the house!fagba was dreaded u all remember?missing dinner bcs u went to stream happens always and god help u if its the friday assembly• Was in fabunmi house 97set dat makes me ur snr! Lol
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Kay17: 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2010
Went to Airforce, h[/b]ate that school. I rather [b]die, than go back in time and find myself there!

But had some nice moments as a senior.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Witi(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2010
Unity Ado
1. Soak and travel: U soak gari before going to assembly and later comeback for it after school hours.
2. Midnight visits to girls hostel.
3. Cooking: in the hostel with boiling ring, at times in the bush using our iron buckets.
4. Goatee!!!!! wink cheesy grin
5. We use to fetch water and swim in a river close to my school then (River Je wo ese) There most of the students were infected with bilhazier (we were unirating blood)
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ultrame(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2010
iyatrustee:

Seems we have some unity ikere guys in the house!fagba was dreaded u all remember?missing dinner bcs u went to stream happens always and god help u if its the friday assembly• Was in fabunmi house 97set dat makes me your snr! Lol

^^^^
LOL.  How are you doing sis? One year no be small thing o. grin

Fagba was a dreaded terrorist and a wonderful (Music) teacher, all at the same time. You can spot his (over-ironed) shining suit fom a mile away. grin

ROFL
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by chic2pimp(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
Senior Boyz or as I like to call em' Senior Ba, stards.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2010
schooled in SPUSSA(St Peters Akure), COOKING was contraband then but we still use to do it, we go enter bush for around 3am and use 3 milo cans as tripod stones and we will put iron pail untop to cook, the name for any food cook then is BEAS,
The most interesting part of it is BLOCKING, It means planing with your friends to block other people cooking their own BEAS if you dont have anything to cook, so we go dey do patrol for night

Another one is HAND OF GOD, we use to eat beans and yam every wednesday, During midterms the yam supplies use to come to the principal's residence, and since some of us live far away e.g Lagos and Ibadan, We wont travel, so wey Usually  in school for the few days midterm break, AT NIGHT we will open the Principals window and sretch hand to carry yam, when the yams were out of reach we dey Use peg to chuk am and draw it out LOL,

i know it is wrong, But it was also fun grin grin grin tongue
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by timmy2409(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2010
Navy PH in the house? y'all know that school was the shyt, I swear I can write a thousand-page book on all the shyt man had to endure in that craphole

for starters

- I was made to sleep on a bare metal bunk while a senior slept on my mattress

- I had to pin my head on concrete parade ground for at least 30 mins before bedtime (lights out) every night for one term.

- One time, I was made to give up my bunk for some random senior and then had to sleep with my mattress on the floor. Then in the middle of the night, while I was asleep, some other senior yanked my mattress out from underneath me. When I complained, he effing slapped me!

- I never went through one whole day without getting flogged at least once

- our prefects were supplied with fresh new 'koboko' whips EVERY MONDAY!, nuff said

- Our drenches were full of years of decayed shyt (including urine, bath water, occasional feces, etc) that had turned totally black, imagine rolling in all that stuff, yeah they made us do it (btw those things had some extremely big as$ mosquitos, )

- what would all this be if I forget to mention that our toilets were bad and we had to pound shyt down them when they got full (picture FAT toilet flies buzzing around, horrid smell killing your organs and liquidy shyt splashing all around) eww!!!! *pukes*

Okay nuff said wink
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by aieromon(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
Wow!I saw these all around me but i never suffered from any of them.Likewise,when i became a senior,i was calm and gentle.However,to the school authorities,i was an evil genius.
One thing though,i had a school father who never protected me but ate all my provisions(during my time in LSMC,you kept your provs with a school father except you dont want to feel the taste of milk or cornflakes throughout the term).
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by LadyT(f): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
And you have people screaming that kids need to be sent to boarding school in Naija to learn!

shocked
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
LadyT:

And you have people screaming that kids need to be sent to boarding school in Naija to learn!

shocked

most of us turned out fine

so no biggie
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by LadyT(f): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2010
Theres is no doubt in my mind people didnt turn out as decent people.

But personally I dont believe in suffering it should be avoided at all costs.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^ I don find you reach here again
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by chamotex(m): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
It's a shame I never went to boarding school.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by MissyB2: 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
oyb:

i forgot this one cheesy cheesy

i also remeber cold indomie noodles
You did that too?
I also did. Soak it in cold water for 30 minute. Chei!  grin grin
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
Missy ♥ B:

You did that too?
I also did. Soak it in cold water for 30 minute. Chei!  grin grin

add sardine cheesy
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Dkaz(m): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Visit www.9jamob.tk latest free browsing cheat its very hot,
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by eghost247(m): 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
Hilarious
Thanks Everyone
every single post was simply funny
never went to a boarding school
wish i did smiley
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by MissyB2: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
oyb:

add sardine  cheesy
Noooooooooooooooo
You so know about those dayz. grin Some used Geisha [Is that what they call it?] but I prefer and used sardine.
I always try as much as possible not to allow others know what i'm preparing, 'cause I never want to share. grin Chei! See me remembering those good 'ol dayz.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Kilode1: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
Witi:

Unity Ado
1. Soak and travel: U soak gari before going to assembly and later comeback for it after school hours.
2. Midnight visits to girls hostel.
3. Cooking: in the hostel with boiling ring, at times in the bush using our iron buckets.
4. Goatee!!!!! wink cheesy grin
5. We use to fetch water and swim in a river close to my school then (River Je wo ese) There most of the students were infected with bilhazier (we were unirating blood)

Kai. My people full here die!! grin grin
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Dkaz(m): 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
What a wonderfull site. Just visit www.9jamob.tk for your latest free browsing trick.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Gamine(f): 11:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
Rotfl. . . Boarding school stories are always funny when you are out of it

We used to hide in the roof to avoid Prep and other things.
Massacre in the Dinning Hall, very very bizarre and scary
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:20am On Oct 15, 2010
I attended two year of boarding school @C&s college in ilorin, it was really fun because i attended as a senior and since my Dad was a Military man and me a barrack boy, unlimited freedom. But most junior well. But what i like most during my time there was the social night and the cooking of food in a bucket. If you no good boarding school , you've missed alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Post-ume In Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun / ASUU: Be Ready For Financial Autonomy If You Want University Autonomy / See What This Girl Posted On Her FB Timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.