Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? (25181 Views)

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa / Wike To Lamido: Only In Nigeria Person With Primary School Cert Can Be Minister / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by webincomeplus(m): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2019
nzeobi:
please be reasonable for once, where did his impact place osun in education as regards national exams.

please let an academia head that ministry
This is how we get things wrong in this country. In the academia, people are trained to teach and research. It doesn't automatically make them good materials for ministerial positions. What became of the professors who have been ministers of education before now? What did they achieve? Were they not from the academia?

The same applies to insisting on doctors being ministers of health. Most doctors lack what it takes to handle such positions.

I'm not supporting what the OP said, but running each ministry effectively requires more than academic brilliance or professional work experience. All of that must be mixed with years of experience in public administrative and policy implementation roles plus the needed exposure. And that's why people like NOI delivered better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by nzeobi(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2019
webincomeplus:

This is how we get things wrong in this country. In the academia, people are trained to teach and research. It doesn't automatically make them good materials for ministerial positions. What became of the professors who have been ministers of education before now? What did they achieve? Were they not from the academia?

The same applies to insisting on doctors being ministers of health. Most doctors lack what it takes to handle such positions.

I'm not supporting what the OP said, but running each ministry effectively requires more than academic brilliance or professional work experience. All of that must be mixed with years of experience in public administrative and policy implementation roles plus the needed exposure. And that's why people like NOI delivered better.
you made some valid points but you can't say the some over VC s like ilochi okafor and that Federal university in ilorin though being of the academia don't have managerial skills
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by amaben2020(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

Goto.osun and see his model schools before bad mouthing him
He didn't bad mouth him, he asked you a simple question, why did they rank 25th out of 36 in Nigeria? That's how useless criminals would loot you dry and you still praise them, Afonja, wake up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by webincomeplus(m): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2019
nzeobi:

you made some valid points but you can't say the some over VC s like ilochi okafor and that Federal university in ilorin though being of the academia don't have managerial skills
If you read my post to the end, you'd see where I stated that what we need are people who are not just in the academia but also have public administrative and policy implementation skills and experience. I'm sure we have lots of such individuals in the country.

I'm not saying there are not such people in the academia. What I'm saying is we shouldn't choose from the academia based on brilliance or teaching experience alone. That's a recipe for failure. And that's the mistake the government keeps making.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2019
plaindealer:

You mean performance in education improved in Osun state on paper, but the students responsible for the improved performance on paper did not benefit from the same improvements they put on paper?

How exactly did the improved performance get on your so-called paper? By abracadabra? grin

Were you smoking marijuana when you typed and posted that because you made zero sense?

You don't have to keep twisting yourself just because you are too chicken and cowardly to admit that education in Osun state faired better under Aregbesola.

I see you struggling to be civil here but I'm telling you to relax and be yourself.
I don't know what else you want cos I have broken it for you as if you are a two year old.

Modified; I also know you are johnmartus
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by dasrackhor(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
Buhari is a disappointment to this country, I regret voting him.
it's too early for that ooooo..
After 4years of next level then the regret can come in..
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2019
Gandollar:
I see you struggling to be civil here but I'm telling you to relax and be yourself.
I don't know what else you want cos I have broken it for you as if you are a two year old.

Modified; I also know you are johnmartus

You broke what down? You basically rambled meaningless and incoherent rubbish that made no sense.

Where is the sense in saying students performed better on paper, but they did not benefit from the same tools, tutoring, attention and the world-class facilities their government-provided that eventually placed them on the same paper you are talking about?

Before Aregbeola, students were failing and all of a sudden after Aregbe's massive investments in education, test scores improved by 110%, but your warped mentality want us to believe that the students performed abracadabra and their performance had nothing to do with Argebe's massive investment in education?

That was very thoughtless and re/tarded.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2019
plaindealer:

You broke what down? You basically rambled meaningless and incoherent rubbish that made no sense.

Where is the sense in saying students performed better on paper, but they did not benefit from the same tools, tutoring, attention and the world-class facilities their government-provided that eventually placed them on the same paper you are talking about?

Before Aregbeola, students were failing and all of a sudden after Aregbe's massive investments in education, test scores improved by 110%, but your warped mentality want us to believe that the students performed abracadabra and their performance had nothing to do with Argebe's massive investment in education?

A class of 36 sat for exam and you came 25th, in the Nigeria contest it means Osun was struggling for position with those at the last rung of the ladder which are NE states apparently. It doesn't mean Osun did not progress academically, and that's why you have that review of Osun doing well.

You are just like a student who parades a certificate rated 2.1 but are unable to defend it in a practical work environment because you got it through the back door.

Mind you this same certificate holder goes to town bragging about his high grades. grin
This is the Osun debacle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Lush100(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2019
would have preferred Prof. Julius Okojie .
former NUC secretary.
(That's if he is willing to take up the position considering the kind of Govt we have.).

Someone who can look at the education sector as a whole, primary, secondary and tertiary and see how we can make the sector impact on the ""knowledge base"" of the Nigerian economy and removing all this religious and political mediocrity in attaining excellence for the sector.

I am sorry , Rauf Aregbesola will not do this.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Gandollar:
It doesn't mean Osun did not progress academically, and

lmao...after so many re/tarded and senseless elementary school rants, he finally admitted that Osun progressed academically.

I dod not ask you for anything about position.. WAEC dropout can not read and answer a simple question, this is how they fail WAEC

The question was, was did Osun progressed academically, Yes Or No.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by backnbeta(f): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

Model school? Laughable

He pitched Muslims against Christians in Osun, he hates Western education!
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2019
backnbeta:

Model school? Laughable

He pitched Muslims against Christians in Osun, he hates Western education!

Den don land with religious hatred and bigotry.. You people no dey taya with your religious stupidity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2019
Don't mind that lad.
plaindealer:

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2019
Keep that problem to yourself. I'm not a politician or supporter of any party at least for now. And I talk based on what I witnessed.
MrALIVE:
that's the problem I have with some of you Nigerians.. unnecessary praise singers who are always enabling mediocrity.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2019
johnmartus:
Don't mind that lad.

I think he's high on drugs.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by WildChild00(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Lolzzzzz, so that he can keep wearing his senior boys latest shot pant to the office grin
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2019
grin he is a pdp agent. He always oppose anything about Apc and related to yoruba people.
plaindealer:

I think he's high on drugs.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Judolisco(m): 8:43am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

Oga he built infrastructure but did not pay salaries how will d students pass can u teach on empty stomach ??
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by omokab: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Gandollar:
Islamic education minister Yes. Osun ranked 25th out of 36 states in waec 2018 so where's the dividends of the scandalous amount of money he spent on education,?
they said somebody built a first class school which you have never seen such in the country but you are saying rubbish. Waec that most of the school were using all mighty center to get a better result especially in the south east and north is the one you are using as critirial to judge a better education. What about the time osun state student came second in jamb and even performed better in waec? You won't see to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by omokab: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Gandollar:
Islamic education minister Yes. Osun ranked 25th out of 36 states in waec 2018 so where's the dividends of the scandalous amount of money he spent on education,?
far far better than amighty center of the eastern states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by obailala(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Op, abegi, I love his nomination as he tried in infrastructure, but biko he should not be placed close to any thing called education.
He can be made work minister or labour, it's not easy to owe workers and still get them to support you in an election.
You wicked man... grin grin grin
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by MrCarterlee(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Aregbeshola his totally a failure when it comes to educational sector in osun, you can’t imagine some secondary school student raping a teacher and all kind of stuffs like that.. I was born and here in osun and there is nothing like this during my secondary school days, things have change and worst ever since he became the governor of osun..
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by aminusodiq(m): 8:50am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

Mumu.. Dd he pay d workers?

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by MrCarterlee(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Aregbeshola his totally a failure when it comes to educational sector in osun, you can’t imagine some secondary school student raping a teacher and all kind of stuffs like that.. I was born here in osun and there is nothing like this during my secondary school days, things have changed and worst ever since he became the governor of osun.. I will be in support if he become the minister for agriculture or culture. We all know him has juju man grin
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by ajericho(m): 8:52am On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=MudRaker post=80562172]Somebody who under his stewardship Osun state dropped in WAEC and JAMB score ratings with massive failure that Osun began dragging last with Yobe?

I see him getting Minister of Culture because of his juju expertise.

[/quote
During his first term in office, Osun student did very well, the crises began in his second term
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Adukpe19(m): 8:52am On Jul 24, 2019
The education ministry is not just limited to Primary and Secondary schools alone, The tertiary institutions more so the Universities are also part of the ministry, how will he be able to handle the complexities and dynamics that play out in the ministry. Sincerely the ministry is not for mediocres but seasoned technocrats not such personality.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2019
But Peter Obi's policies did not take time before yielding results. Why?
iammo:

Educational policy takes time, he has setup.basic infrastructure, soon oyetola would tackle man power shortage..
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by maasoap(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Those who are taking leading positions in WAEC and JAMB, didn't we all know that it was all due to exam malpractices. In some states in the SS and SE, students would go into the examination hall with textbooks. Lol

MudRaker
Gandollar
nzeobi

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by anonimi: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

Model schools for how many students out of all the children in the state?
What is the pass rate in WAEC, NECO, JAMB etc?
How many professional teachers recruited annually as well as other school staff? Or the buildings will teach the students by themselves

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3903043_3900875eremainsmalluformakesensepng0cbd86798bdb9acb6b2f053976eebe47_png4f72619c8ca6b05dbf89dda16578e7fe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Niceman4u(m): 8:54am On Jul 24, 2019
If this write up was made as sarcasm I will understand.
But if wat u wrote up there is to lend a support for Ogbeni Rauf to be made d education minister that shows how backward Nigerians have become in reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by anonimi: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2019
plaindealer:
And you wonder why the Education system in Osun was in shambles before Argbesola.

Thank you for the oyoyo photos. Can the buildings teach the students by themselves

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayade Receives Amaechi In Government House (Pictures) / Ohaneze Ndigbo Lagos Visits Sanwo-Olu (Pictures) / Emir Of Kano Flown To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.