Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency (33412 Views)

Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC / Oshiomhole's Removal : We Haven’t Been Served Any Court Document – APC / El-zakzakky: Coalition Of Ohaneze Youth Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Proscribe I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Antoeni(m): 4:42am On Jul 24, 2019
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, says the Presidency has refused to obey Justice Gabriel Kolawole’s ruling, ordering the release of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Ibraheem El-Zakzakky, because it appealed the ruling.

Adesina said this during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Tuesday.

The presidential spokesman said the then Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), could have his reasons for doing so since the government had the right to appeal the bail.

He said, “I know that the immediate past AGF in whose purview it was to make pronouncements on that, addressed the issue. If bail is granted and another case subsists, and there is an immediate filing of an appeal, you have to wait till it is dispensed with. So, that is a legal matter which is outside my purview, but as a layman, an unlearned man as lawyers would call us, we know that until all cases are dispensed with, you don’t say that they have been concluded.”

Adesina said the matter had since been taken before a court in Kaduna State and the bail hearing would come up on Monday.

He, therefore, called on the sect to wait for the court to make its ruling.

Responding to allegations that the police should not have fired live bullets at the group which was protesting against the continued detention of their leader in Abuja on Monday, the spokesman said the police deserved commendation, adding that the death toll would have been higher if the force did not demonstrate restraint.

Adesina said, “I tell you despite what happened yesterday (Monday), if the police had responded with greater force, you know we would not be talking about what we are talking now.

“A deputy commissioner of police was killed. Very sad, that is one life just like any other life. He did not deserve to die in service.But if the police had responded in a similar fashion, you would have been talking of rivers of blood in Abuja now.”

https://punchng.com/why-we-havent-released-el-zakzakky-presidency/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by emilas1979(m): 4:47am On Jul 24, 2019
[Kquote author=Antoeni post=80571512]The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, says the Presidency has refused to obey Justice Gabriel Kolawole’s ruling, ordering the release of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Ibraheem El-Zakzakky, because it appealed the ruling.

Adesina said this during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Tuesday.

The presidential spokesman said the then Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), could have his reasons for doing so since the government had the right to appeal the bail.

He said, “I know that the immediate past AGF in whose purview it was to make pronouncements on that, addressed the issue. If bail is granted and another case subsists, and there is an immediate filing of an appeal, you have to wait till it is dispensed with. So, that is a legal matter which is outside my purview, but as a layman, an unlearned man as lawyers would call us, we know that until all cases are dispensed with, you don’t say that they have been concluded.”

Adesina said the matter had since been taken before a court in Kaduna State and the bail hearing would come up on Monday.

Responding to allegations that the police should not have fired live bullets at the group which was protesting against the continued detention of their leader in Abuja on Monday, the spokesman said the police deserved commendation, adding that the death toll would have been higher if the force did not demonstrate restraint.

Adesina said, “I tell you despite what happened yesterday (Monday), if the police had responded with greater force, you know we would not be talking about what we are talking now.

“A deputy commissioner of police was killed. Very sad, that is one life just like any other life. He did not deserve to die in service.But if the police had responded in a similar fashion, you would have been talking of rivers of blood in Abuja now.”

[/quote]
Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by emilas1979(m): 4:47am On Jul 24, 2019
Had to smash my television because of the lies emanating from his gutters yesterday morning watching him.
Femi was among the major problem we faced during change.
And here we have him again in the NEXT LEVEL.
Indeed there was a country.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Antoeni(m): 4:52am On Jul 24, 2019
Islam doesn’t support the act of violence. You can’t turn Nigeria to what you have turned part of Middle East. Islam teaches us to respect and obey the constituted authority and prayer for the success of our leaders. Please do not turn Nigeria to Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and others. For what happened on Monday,you need miracle to release the leader of these religious fanatics by Buhari.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by backnbeta(f): 4:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Lies flying out without restraints undecided

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Ruggedniggaone: 5:18am On Jul 24, 2019
trash as usual after 4 years nemesis will soon catch up with you and bullhari who knows whether they are the one that come inform of bandits killing people especially in kastina I just pray that they face bullhari family and kastina people alone those northern elders that fail to talk now I hope you know that bullhari is putting your region in another trouble your region can't survive war against 2 different strong terrorist at a time because Iran is good at sponsor terrorist and shiaas and bokoharam will definitely cause great damage to your region if not completely annihilated

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by nzeobi(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2019
you don't want him realized cos your master enjoys sacrificing the shittes to his God's.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by sparog(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Now the sect don dey use gun very soon it will be suicide bombers

Keep holding their leader and turn dem into anoda insurgent group

4 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Flyingngel(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2019
For Adesina whose editorial comments in the Sun newspaper those days was always pointing out the ills of government could be in bed now with a government of this magnitude left much to desire.
i know it is all because of money: 99% of Nigerians don't have moral burden when money and power is involved.
Immediately, he is relieved of the position, he will be like Ruben Abati very active on social media.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Boyooosa(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2019
2 years plus and u r just coming up with bail hearing on Monday. Sad! Why did u need to wait this long, why did u wait till protest hapenned, why did u need to wait till people died, now u r coming up with Monday bail hearing theory. Sad Again!
Fine, you filed an appeal, when did the appeal come up? Why has the case not been heard since, common, you guys need to sit up. If not, Nigerians will believe that its only violence language you guys understand and it will crash the whole system if care is not taken. Haba Mana!
The judiciary sef is not helping the situation, I dont even know what they are doing in that department, just to intimidate the commoners with their scary regalia.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2019
They can never adhere to this lailai.

But if the police had responded in a similar fashion, you would have been talking of rivers of blood in Abuja now.”
True that.
Very very true.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by lonelydora: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2019
I am Indifferent on this El-Zakzaky issue. If his members can fight this way when he's not around, just imagine what will happen when he is released and fights from the front? Those guys are deadly. They took their 'madness' to an all-time high when they blocked COAS.

Whoever that has stayed in Zaria will understand what I'm saying.

On the other hand, if presidency continues to detain him, the protest will continue and more people will die. Stray bullet has no direction and knows no one. It can hit anyone.

I am just confused.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Dobson43: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2019
cry
Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by ainas247: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
angry Court order release and you are giving a reason not to release.
if you think the chaos this would birth would only affect the poor, you lied.

Put your business on Google and get more client and
Higher ranking. check result

3 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by kolafolabi(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
Free him because I see more violence and killings

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by iammo(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
angry

Buhari's ego.has been bruised by the shiite, why not obey the first order before waiting for result of the second one
This stupid method of buhari, rushing to restablish another charges to keep someone granted bail on another seperate.charge is just not working

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by dalass(f): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
I just hope they won't plunge us into war. If it is Igbo's now, pythons and crocodiles will have been smiling and dancing.
wink angry

8 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Dandsome: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2019
Okay na

Very soon Bush meat will catch the hunter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by mustmust(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2019
[b]i wonder if these guys think with their brain.. you are unlearned and also uninformed because you ought to know what has transpired that he was not released[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by koyeni(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2019
Ahn ahn
Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by joseph1832(m): 8:09am On Jul 24, 2019
If the executive can't obey the law, how else do they expect the citizens to obey it?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by kings59: 8:09am On Jul 24, 2019
A president disobeying the court of law.

Hope in 2023 when another president emerges and he disobeys the court , hope APC and its agents/supporters wouldn't scream their lungs out.

Power doesn't last forever.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by tesppidd: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2019
Antoeni:
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, says the Presidency has refused to obey Justice Gabriel Kolawole’s ruling, ordering the release of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Ibraheem El-Zakzakky, because it appealed the ruling.

Mischievous Op.

The first BOLDED is the reason you have started with and highlighted because that's the one you want people to see.

But the second BOLDED is the real reason why he's been held.

Legal minds know that when a suspect is held on multiple charges, a bail given on one charge does not cover all the other charges until bail is given for them.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by EricBloodAxe: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2019
If they won't release the man then they'll have to make do with the protests and anything else that results from it. I wonder if this really has to do with national security or it's just vendetta.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by rxmusa(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2019
What a tenable reason you have!
Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by tomju(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
emilas1979:
Had to smash my television because of the lies emanating from his gutters yesterday morning watching him.
Femi was among the major problem we faced during change.
And here we have him again in the NEXT LEVEL.
Indeed there was a country.
Why have you refused to comment on the death of a young journalist and youth corper along with the DCP? Is Femi's "lies" more important to you than human lives? Such insensitivity.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by eben1marketer: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
Flyingngel:
For Adesina whose editorial comments in the Sun newspaper those days was always pointing out the ills of government could be in bed now with a government of this magnitude left much to desire.
i know it is all because of money: 99% of Nigerians don't have moral burden when money and power is involved.
Immediately, he is relieved of the position, he will be like Ruben Abati very active on social media.
it's well

1 Like

Re: Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency by Fishout(m): 8:12am On Jul 24, 2019
hearing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Accredits Daily Post, Nine Others For Coverage Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Oshiomhole Dances With Rufai Oseni (Video) / The Bride, Temitope Adebutu's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.