Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos (22718 Views)

LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges / Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. / LASG Raises Team To Meet FG Towards Rehabilitation Of Badagry Expresway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by AutoReportNG: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Following the expiration of the 7-day abatement notices served on the owners of illegal shanties and traders along the Lagos - Badagry Express Road, the Lagos State Government on Tuesday commenced the cleanup exercise along the road.

The Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Transportation, Dr. Taiwo Olufemi Salaam, who led the cleanup team in the company of the Chairman, Lagos Task Force CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi and others, explained that the exercise was in line with the Executive Order of the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on zero tolerance for traffic gridlocks and indiscriminate dumping of refuse.

Salaam stated further that the inter-ministerial committee drawn from ministries and agencies in Lagos State decided to commence the implementation of the Executive Order from the Badagry Express Road due to the prevalence of illegal structures on the right of way, roadside trading, oil bunkering and other criminal activities on the corridor.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-cgH1YwwnIxo/XTgNr-3MJ8I/AAAAAAAAeNk/WqlVvCmlfdYE23w5p507n5FTEWBTBcoZACLcBGAs/s1600/C2.jpg[/img]

While noting that the exercise also became imperative as part of preparations for the commencement of road works that will commence soon and the planned introduction of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) along the corridor, he said the holistic exercise involved all the relevant stakeholders including the Lagos Taskforce, LAWMA, LASPARK and LAGESC amongst others.

Salaam urged the residents to desist from illegal activities on the right of way as well as stop indiscriminate dumping of refuse on the road, stressing that they should always make use of large garbage bins and containers stationed along the corridor.

Recall that the Lagos State Government had earlier served abatement notices on the owners/occupiers of the illegal structures along the corridor seven days ago, after which a press briefing was also held to inform all those concerned and residents in the area.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-YuyqXgmRvac/XTgNuX3afbI/AAAAAAAAeOA/1p0LVBnYE7I7TU1I-BBYol5cScAHhGLvQCLcBGAs/s1600/c1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Z2p2UQbmAIY/XTgNr_30PcI/AAAAAAAAeNs/jWHT6sBME3kCAnMwgQ8gOCJZYEF1AzRsQCLcBGAs/s1600/C3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-4DSGLQgjOq8/XTgNr42c48I/AAAAAAAAeNo/nl0LKG6YPqY3RbAk-z8rEQaJFMwQy2p3ACLcBGAs/s1600/C4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-eqmMRzQRqWE/XTgNuNUmbPI/AAAAAAAAeN8/G4T1mIU5AickMdRs9Lt1OuuR3ZnRsIQxwCLcBGAs/s1600/C8.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/lasg-commences-clean-up-of-badagry.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by AutoReportNG: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2019

2 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by iammo(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2019
cool

Good one, i hope new shanties don't spring up very soon

2 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by destiny322(m): 9:12am On Jul 24, 2019
I envy Lagos state and people who reside there... For rivers state here, na so so shout shout and who goes dia we dy here everyday

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by WisdomFlakes: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2019
Good. That place needs total overhauling.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by ymbiola(m): 9:12am On Jul 24, 2019
Sanwo Lagos is working.
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Pascopele: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2019
If you’re 18-21 and you’re calling a 20-24year old guy broke. I think you’re a mumu. We’re just in our 20s don’t be expecting a 21 year old school boy to be giving you 2 million. If you want a rich boyfriend go and date older men and stop insulting University boys. Pls

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by MrAnele(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Cool
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Techcribs2002: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2019
How to Fix “Android is Starting” Followed by “Optimizing Apps…” Issue on Android Phone.

READ STEPS HERE
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by AbuuBilaal(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:
Good one, i hope new shanties don't spring up very soon
hmm... Shanties... Are you a town planners?

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by SODbaba2(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2019
Pascopele:
If you’re 18-21 and you’re calling a 20-24year old guy broke. I think you’re a mumu. We’re just in our 20s don’t be expecting a 21 year old school boy to be giving you 2 million. If you want a rich boyfriend go and date older men and stop insulting University boys. Pls
Are you a university student? Are u broke?
My conclusion - u are a university student and a broke lass

3 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by mkoabiola: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2019
destiny322:
I envy Lagos state and people who reside there... For rivers state here, na so so shout shout and who goes dia we dy here everyday
Hahahahahahaha

No rest of mind.....
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by benuejosh: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2019
There's something about Tinubu. He knows how to get the best hands for every job. Sanwo-Olu Will give lagos a healthy environment.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Beremx(f): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2019
Instead of them to build the road, they are talking of shanties. Aren't they aware of the sorry state of the road?

Nonsense
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Lekzy360: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2019
Na wetin we dey hear everyday be this...

Can't we just hear this kind of news from Nigeria.. Lol grin grin grin if they are bold enough

South Korea Fires Warning shots At Russian Military Aircraft

Imagine how bold they are with this;

South Korea says its jets fired warning shots at a Russian surveillance plane that entered its airspace on Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Agugbadin: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2019
Nice one
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Emu4life(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2019
Pascopele:
Who break your heart na bro?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by VeecThorr(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2019
IPHONE 7 32GB For Sale.

https://www.nairaland.com/5314072/iphone-7-32gb-sale-lagos

Call or WhatsApp: 09097018221
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by thankfulsoul: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2019
Eko o ni baje
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Emu4life(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2019
SODbaba2:

Are you a university student? Are u broke?
My conclusion - u are a university student and a broke lass
Why make such Nasty conclusion??
Afterall if he is a University student and rich you will be the first to call him YAHOO BOY.
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by peterjulius00(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2019
this is a good one by the governor of Lagos state, he has done very well by starting the cleaning up of Badagry expressway. well done Mr Governor.
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Emu4life(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2019
SODbaba2:
Are you a university student? Are u broke? My conclusion - u are a university student and a broke lass
k
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by ZitNg: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Nice Development.
Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by MobilityExpress: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Coincidentally, I witnessed it live yesterday afternoon along the highway before Orile bus stop. They were demolishing the shanty slums built on the kerb walkway with a yellow bulldozer crane. The LASG taskforce team that performed the operation were a combined unit of different state agencies, they were so plenty you would think it was a battle field grin. They were very professional and handled it well without any crisis breaking out. Sanwo Olu is already showing us he will be a wonderful Lagos State Governor. However, the only thing I just wonder is, why is it that when it comes to demolishing illegal structures, the LASG will always be forming Bruce Lee but when it comes to removing agberos and thugs, the LASG will be doing like Mr. Bean grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Lovelife433(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2019
lagos is over hype come over to cotonue and see life for ur self, very dirty state.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by Aystarz: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Beremx:
Instead of them to build the road, they are talking of shanties. Aren't they aware of the sorry state of the road?

Nonsense

Nigerian leaders always like to go the easier route. Look at the FG for instance, believing it can curb insecurity with sheer violence whilst pretending that poverty and illiteracy aren't the root causes of the problem.

Even when they build or repair the roads, their longevity is always suspect.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos by aluma(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2019
Landed properties for sale
Mesurment: 3 plot
Call 08110477231

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanko Al-makura Visits Bola Tinubu (Photo) / UK Attorney General To Decide If Ekweremadus’ Trial Will Go Ahead / 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.