Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,368 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters (22201 Views)

#EndSARS: Tinubu Justifies Use Of Force On Protesters / #EndSARS: Hussaini Coomassie Tells Buhari To Use Force Against Protesters / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Levant: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2019
Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi has expressed deep concern over the recent unrest and clashes in the Nigerian capital Abuja.

In a statement on Tuesday, Mousavi condemned violence and the use of force against demonstrators taking part in Monday protest rallies.

He touched upon the worsening health condition of detained Muslim leader Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, and said it has been more than two months since the medical team reported Zakzaky and his wife needed immediate medical treatment abroad.

“Nigerian authorities are expected to immediately get Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky out of the detention centre and provide him with access to proper medical services,” the spokesman said.

Highlighting the need for preserving security and stability and restoring peace in Nigeria, Mousavi appealed for calm by both sides, and urged Nigerian officials to exercise restraint.

He further called on authorities to speed up the trend of Zakzaky’s treatment and ease worries about his deteriorating health condition. He also called for a negotiated settlement of existing problems.

Abuja as well as several other cities around the world has, in recent days witnessed protest rallies where demonstrators called for the release of the Muslim cleric.

Demonstrations in Abuja turned ugly on Monday as security forces used violence against protesters.

Meanwhile there have been growing concerns over Zakzaky’s frail health.

Recently, a lawyer for the imprisoned cleric warned that his client’s health was in critical condition and that he might die if he was not released very soon.

The warning came after a Nigerian court ordered to extend Zakzaky’s detention for another eleven days. Zakzaky’s legal team says the cleric suffered a stroke last week and has got no sleep for seven days. The hearing will now be adjourned until July 29th.

Meanwhile, a group of 50 activists wrote a letter to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, demanding Nigeria’s religious leader be allowed to leave the country for urgent medical treatment. Zakzaky has been in prison since 2015.

https://ifpnews.com/exclusive/iran-condemns-violence-use-of-force-against-nigeria-protesters/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Amuocha: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Great reaction from Ayatollah grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by KmniAutos(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Hmm iPhone 7 for sale
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by soberdrunk(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Iran we nor dey fear una oooo!!!! ****packs bag**** You guys cannot do anything!!! ****hides Nigerian passport and brings out second passport**** We are a sovereign state and will not be moved by mere threats from a rogue Nation!! *****Confirms one way ticket*******!!! Nobody can tell Nigeria what to do!!!.... angry

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by sloye5(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
From the same country that supports terror all over the world and oppress Iranians

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by ichidodo: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nigeria,a Democratic Republic, does not take orders from an Islamic Republic. We only take orders from USA and EU.

13 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
No be their people? undecided

Make e no be say if Zakzakki dies in custody them go throw bomb come here o

14 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by SultanOfAbia: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
IF USA ARM BUHARI AND IRAN ARM SHIITES THEN NIGERIA IS FINISHED..
WORD WAR 3 LOADING...

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by thesicilian: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
The home of violence is condemning violence. Just like when APC condemns corruption.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Medblog(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
iammo:

why you dumb Ipobians call me yarimo still baffles me, iammo.. is from matching I' am MO, Mo been an intial, while yarimo is a name... anyways a visit to Biafra home page on facebook shows 80% of you guys are rvtards looking to boost your low self esteem latching on National bad news
I can see u are a lunatic

78 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by amaben2020(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Buhari wanna bring this country into abyss, it's only him and his family plus gullible supporters that would be burnt

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by AbuuBilaal(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sharrap joor.

Wheyrey Iran.

You want to do Nigeria like you did Syria.

Nonsense and Ayatollah.

Ayatollah ko Ayantola no.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Medblog(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
iammo:

why you dumb Ipobians call me yarimo still baffles me, iammo.. is from matching I' am MO, Mo been an intial, while yarimo is a name... anyways a visit to Biafra home page on facebook shows 80% of you guys are rvtards looking to boost your low self esteem latching on National bad news
The dude wasn't trying to cause probs here
But for saying this
I see a fool inside of u

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by CeeJay9ja(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Look who is talking? undecided
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by ForeThinker: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019

We need someborri to sit another someborri up in this perplexed level we helplessly founds ourselves in.

1 Like

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Dave0116(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Conderm ko! Condensed ni
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by amaben2020(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
iammo:

undecided, IPOB don deal with this one brain o grin, na IPOB lock zakzaky ba, ode oshi

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
abeg make una no vex Iran ooo
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Dave0116(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Iran won't attack Nigeria, because If they do ,they just played themselves into Trump's hands.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Onyenna(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
I hope Iran doesn't end up arming the shi'ites......

Boko + Shi'ites = C'est finis.....

4 Likes

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by AbuuBilaal(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Onyenna:
I hope Iran doesn't end up arming the shi'ites......

Boko + Shi'ites = C'est finis.....

Nigeria is a heterogeneous country. They can't succeed here.

1 Like

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by AbuuBilaal(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Couponchecker:
abeg make una no vex Iran ooo

Make them vex jare. Their end don come be that.

1 Like

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Onyenna(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dave0116:
Iran won't attack Nigeria, because If they do ,they just played themselves into Trump's hands.

They don't even need to attack Nigeria.....

All they need do is Arm the Shi'ites.... E don B!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by iammo(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
amaben2020:

undecided, IPOB don deal with this one brain o grin, na IPOB lock zakzaky ba, ode oshi

To knock and konk your empty head they hungry me
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by CalabarPikin: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
The fear of Iran........hmmmm
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by nairalanduseles: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
If this man go die omo na war ooo

1 Like

Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by aremuforlife(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
Iran will never allow protests in their country both peaceful or violence
Re: Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters by Onyenna(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Nigeria is a heterogeneous country. They can't succeed here.

I would've agreed with you bro.... But.... Nigeria's problem is that NOTHING works.... So, they might succeed..... I just pray it doesn't come to that....

But Buhari should've obeyed court order naah...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buba Galadima’s Company Taken Over By AMCON Over ₦900 Million Loan / Pictures From Construction Of 2.5Km Kanti Kwara Flyover, Kano State / Patience Jonathan Is Not Hospitalized - Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.