Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty (23354 Views)

Presidential Screening: APC Questioned Aspirants On Consensus Candidate / PDP Senators Now Inside NASS (See Photos) / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by dre11(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
By Ismail Mudashir

Some Senators of the APC and the minority leader clashed on Thursday during the screening of Mustapha Baba Shehuri (Borno) who was a minister of state for power.

Shehuri was the minister of state for power in President Muhammadu Buhari’s first tenure.

The trouble started when the minority leader Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia) extolled the virtues of Shehuri, stressing that there was peace in the ministry of power.

He said the clash in other ministries was as a result of unclear schedule of duty, urging the president to address it.

At this point, the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, interjected, saying there was no clash in the petroleum ministry. He said the president was the minister of petroleum.

Raising a point of order, Sen Danjuma Goje (APC, Gombe) faulted Abaribe’s claim. Goje, a minister of state under President Olusegun Obasanjo tenure said, “You don’t need to tell us what to do”
The Senate Leader, Abdullahi Yahaya backed Goje’s position

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ministerial-screening-apc-pdp-senators-clash-over-schedule-of-duty.html

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by quickberry(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Gandollar(f): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Where's the clash?

10 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Samanza89: 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
President Buhari doubling also as Minister of petroleum is still what I can't comprehend up till now...

Whoever continue to believe that Buhari is fighting corruption, from corrupt individuals I am seeing making his ministerial list is actually worst than the devil...

Hypocrites...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by solmusdesigns: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
angry

PDP are fools, disgusting set that jokes with everything, thank God Dino is mostly voiceless and Abaribe somtimes act maturely and Saraki isnt here..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by nrexzy: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Abeg herds men don reach there?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by yinkus6750(m): 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Just statements from different sides.
Nothing to clash about.
Minister of states are like Deputy Ministers in the ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Philinho(m): 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
APC and madness

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by SimDan95(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
cluster of old and expired hags

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by edibobo: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
Most of APC Senators are bunch of stack illiterates. Their own is like zombie only YES. The is real Rubber Stamp Senate

12 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by 400billionman: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
cool I see
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by 400billionman: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
yinkus6750:
Just statements from different sides.
Nothing to clash about.
Minister of states are like Deputy Ministers in the ministry.

Who appoints them
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by mildflame: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
the senators just like this OP are fools

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Legendguru: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Memphis357(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
This Ahmed Lawan led Senate na real "Robber-stamp" legislature.....
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by sharpden: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rubber stamp at work
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by amaham(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
The type of rubber in this 9th Senate stamp is just too much . Lawan is still talking like a majority leader, even a harmless joke from the opposition must be countered . I believe they've not been weaned from the elections fever.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Guzel: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nigerian media will not succeed in their evil plot. I watched this and it was hilarious. No clash at all

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by blackpanda: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Samanza89:
President Buhari doubling also as Minister of petroleum is still what I can't comprehend up till now...

Whoever continue to believe that Buhari is fighting corruption, from corrupt individuals I am seeing making his ministerial list is actually worst than the devil...

Hypocrites...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by blackpanda: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
Memphis357:
This Ahmed Lawan led Senate na real "Robber-stamp" legislature.....

Yes thank you. We are all APC
No to traitor saraki
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by dustydee: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
What type of useless story is this?
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by AngryNigerian(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
KmniAutos:
I have this

Very sharp super clean

Location pls...& how much
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by vixpal: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
KmniAutos:
I have this

Very sharp super clean
How much
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by sexyboy193: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
I watched it and I didn't see any clash of any kind whatsoever. They only corrected each other and nothing else. Clash ko clash ni.
Re: Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty by Godons1: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Serves Senator Abaribe right. The Northern Senator just put him in his place.

Abaribe right now. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Tambuwal Visits Governor Wike (Photos) / Keyamo’s Appointment Is Welcomed By Delta APC – Uduaghan / See The Moment Gov Fintiri Flees As Gunmen Invade Venue Of Kogi PDP Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.