Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Authority Of Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Authority Of Prayers (554 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Zambia's Day Of Prayers : The Hilarious, The Sad, The Stuuuupid . / The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Authority Of Prayers by Yefet(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2010
Authority of Prayers

15/10/10

Bible Reading: John 17:9-12

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The scripture above were the words of non other but our Messiah “Jesus Christ” He knew His hour is closing-in for Him to be crucified and He was praying to God the Father in Heaven and committing His disciplines into the hands of God , for God to take care of them and accept them into the body of Christ.

“I pray not for the World” wow! Those were the very words of Jesus Christ… His prayers were for a selected the few (The disciples) and that was His chief concern before He died. Do you ever wonder why He (Jesus) did not pray for the world but the selected few? It is because He came to the world to lay the foundation of Heaven by dieing on the cross for all mankind and to the few that believed; He gave them power to into the world to also do what He did and bring others to the Kingdom of Heaven. Now the responsibility was left for the Disciples of Christ to go and bring others into the Kingdom of God through Christ Jesus, by virtue of preaching the good news and also interceding.

The point we are to get there today is that…We have the same authority as Christ did, to pray and intercede for our relatives/friends who are not saved and ask God to pour His Holy Spirit upon them and convict them to come to know Christ Jesus and come to live in Holiness and in righteousness of God.

Allot of us who are in the Spirit, see the Return of Christ Jesus to take away His Spotless bride, so very, very close at hand, and we are deeply concerned for our loved ones to be saved and to be Rapture ready too, but the Lord is asking you today to go on your knees daily and pray to God and ask Him to please turn their lives to (be saved) see the light of Christ and be Rapture ready.

John 6:44

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

The Scripture above states it so clearly, except God is involved…we or our loved one’s won’t know Christ Jesus. Allot of our loved one’s have heard the message of salvation a million times but they still live in the world, it is not by power we were saved but by grace. So why don’t you earnestly intercede for them daily and ask God to pour His Spirit Mightily upon them and convict them to turn to Christ Jesus. Saul was a witness of Stephen’s death… even till death Stephen was preaching and praying and God heard Him. At Damascus gate- Christ Jesus had to appear to Saul before He was saved and became Paul, one of the greatest Apostles of the Kingdom of God. Allot of our loved one’s situation are like Saul-Paul, they need dreams, visions and sometimes divine visitation before they get convicted by the Holy Spirit and be saved. Kind Nebuchadnezzar had a divine dream from the God of Daniel , Shedrack,Meshach and Abednego before He realize that The God of Israel is the true God of all-creation. I am not asking you to stop preaching, but now…is to intercede more and more for your loved ones, Church while you preach and God will turn them to Christ within a split-second in Jesus mighty name.

Read also Jer 32:27

Read also Acts 2:17

Mathew 16:19

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

Now go on your knees daily and intercede for your loved ones, if it means writing down a list of names, do so and while they get saved they will do same to others too. Do not stop preaching the good-news of Christ Salvation. You can pick a day in a week to pray and fast for your loved one to be saved and be Rapture ready, as you do that for them you are also praying for yourself too.

Prayer: Our Everlasting Father in Heaven, grant us the grace of Christ Jesus be found Ready, Wordy and Filled with Your Spirit at all times till Rapture in Jesus mighty name.
Re: Authority Of Prayers by samuraix1: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Defining Who You Are! / What Is A Christian / Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.