Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office (9891 Views)

"Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan / Winifred Oyo-ita Sends Retirement Letter To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Abdulazeez99: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, has denied reports that N16 billion meant for Civil Servants Group Life Insurance Scheme (GLIS) was stolen from her office, Igbere TV reports.

Oyo-Ita denied the claims on Friday in Abuja at the stakeholders’ forum on the review of Public Service Rules (PSR), Igbere TV reports.

An online news platform, the Leading Reporters Nigeria, had alleged that Oyo-Ita and others stole N16 billion meant for GLIS.

“I will not want to address the very fallacious news item making the rounds as regards N16 billion missing from the GLIS funds. I want to say that whoever started that story does not quite understand how the group life works,” she said.

“The GLIS was set up to be able to ensure that government meets up with benefits of any civil or public servant who, in the process of doing his work as a civil servant, loses his or her life.

“This GLIS is the policy that is carried out with underwriters; these underwriters are being regulated by the National Insurance Commission (NIC).”

The HoS explained that the NIC regulates premiums that are paid to these underwriters and that the last group life programme was actually handled by the sub-committee of cabinet chaired by the minister of finance at the time.

“The fund for that programme is always domiciled with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation. The only thing that the Head of Service does is to compile the names of all the Ministries, Department and Agencies(MDAs), that are to be under the group life policy.

“For someone to say that N16 billion has gone missing in my office is strange to me and to many others who understand how the GLIS works,” she said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/848507/head-of-service-winifred-oyo-ita-speaks-on-missing-n16bn/

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by SLAP44: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by darocha1: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Singing Fela "16bn group life insurance is missing"
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
All this money you see going missing, Buhari is using it to fund 9mobile, he's the owner of the new company that has recently taken over from Etisalat.

2 Likes

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Blackfire(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
See face like who just arrive for hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by eben1marketer: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by jwarsee: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
hmm
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by jordyspices: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
We are watching
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
I weep for Nigeria....
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by OALandAgents: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Fake news everyway.
I like her but Iam not sure Buhari would renew her tenure if it expires after that spat she had with his Chief of Staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Stevegoddy23: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
They will soon indict her and give a northerner her position

2 Likes

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by FarahAideed: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
All this money you see going missing, Buhari is using it to fund 9mobile, he's the owner of the new company that has recently taken over from Etisalat.

Zombies don't know that Buhari family bought 9 mobile using Isah Funtua as a front

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Dgr8hassiE(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
Under every smoke there must to be a fire.
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Homextras: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
I believe this woman. The manner she handled pension crook, Maina reinstatement comes to mind.
She tackled then attorney general, Malami and Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
God is Good.
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by mikaelzX(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Over to you Mr. Accountant General
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Nadia777: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Okay
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Gforce2019: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, has denied reports that N16 billion meant for Civil Servants Group Life Insurance Scheme (GLIS) was stolen from her office, Igbere TV reports.

Oyo-Ita denied the claims on Friday in Abuja at the stakeholders’ forum on the review of Public Service Rules (PSR), Igbere TV reports.

An online news platform, the Leading Reporters Nigeria, had alleged that Oyo-Ita and others stole N16 billion meant for GLIS.

“I will not want to address the very fallacious news item making the rounds as regards N16 billion missing from the GLIS funds. I want to say that whoever started that story does not quite understand how the group life works,” she said.

“The GLIS was set up to be able to ensure that government meets up with benefits of any civil or public servant who, in the process of doing his work as a civil servant, loses his or her life.

“This GLIS is the policy that is carried out with underwriters; these underwriters are being regulated by the National Insurance Commission (NIC).”

The HoS explained that the NIC regulates premiums that are paid to these underwriters and that the last group life programme was actually handled by the sub-committee of cabinet chaired by the minister of finance at the time.

“The fund for that programme is always domiciled with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation. The only thing that the Head of Service does is to compile the names of all the Ministries, Department and Agencies(MDAs), that are to be under the group life policy.

“For someone to say that N16 billion has gone missing in my office is strange to me and to many others who understand how the GLIS works,” she said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/848507/head-of-service-winifred-oyo-ita-speaks-on-missing-n16bn/

Oyo-ita again?
Calabar woman has learnt work from nyamiri people
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by RDPMAN: 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
Okay
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Gforce2019: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
GodisGood4321:
Now to a serious matter.

Pls I need a girl for a serious relationship/marriage. 

The girl should be:

Caring, loving and beautiful. 

Contributive and submissive.

From a well to do background.

Not above 31yrs.

Thanks.

Gold-digger...are you from a well-to-do background?

1 Like

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by princety24(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
God help our country these virus called Corruption...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T20-pcHhsEA
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Kyase(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Blackfire:
See face like who just arrive for hell fire.
grin
Walahi you no serious..
You Don ever see person wey arrive hell before?
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Freelanceona100(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lol..for those who are thinking of how to make money on their phone, kindly message me on WhatsApp let me teach u how u can start earning[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
God is Good.
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by OduntanGabriel(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
I am here to read comments

#WOLIALARA
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Gforce2019: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
GodisGood4321:

Is that the only thing you see.

Well, one only ask for what he can afford.

Our house maid is looking for a good husband...
DM me if you are interested in her...she meets your specs
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
God is Good.
Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita: GLIS N16bn Not Missing In My Office by Gforce2019: 5:41am On Jul 27, 2019
GodisGood4321:

I leave the maid for non-gold digger like you.

Don't worry you will soon meet your Waterloo....where one sugar mama will use you for ritual. Shebi nah you no fit work and marry the woman of your choice...
He came on social media and start looking for well-to-do lady. You go soon enter trap. Continue!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP: Tinubu Handlers Need To Go Back To School / World Bank Predicts Higher Per Capita Income For Nigeria / Uduaghan’s Convoy In Ghastly Accident At Ibusa Asaba-Ughelli Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.