Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Am Depressed! Please Help Me! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am Depressed! Please Help Me! (3595 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire / Am Depressed, Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mirabel2034: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ok am studying pharmacy in one of the federal universities in east Nigeria,my year 1 cgpa was 4.37 now first semester yr2 is 3.76,I have cried my heart out.i need someone to talk to.please help, is a first class still possible. Please I don't need comments like cgpa doesn't matter, school is overrated etc. I need realistic comments on if a first class is still possible and how I can achieve it preferably from a pharmacy graduate ,pharmacy is a 5 yr course.

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by yomi212(m): 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
First class is till possible..
Just discard every form of distraction

5 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by bluesaint(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
First Class is very possible if you can give it all I takes. That extra mile. Believe me you can do it.

I with I can call to talk to you but you don't don't need to feel depressed about it. Rather, sit back and think how you slipped and strategize on ways to comeback stronger. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by AntiWailer: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
It is very possible dear
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Guest14(m): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
YES it is possible
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by michlins(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
So what if you don't graduate with first class.

You want facts abi, there's a difference between dreams and reality. Your dream is to hit first class, your reality is that you aren't on point of doing that. How you want to react to this reality is your choice. You either keep crying or to start burning extra night candles. But why do you need the first class exactly, maybe you dream you will secure a job faster. Reality check is that lots of first class graduates are still unemployed.

33 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by chikason68(m): 1:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Its very much possible if you re willing and determined. Read a 5yr course but entered as DE student so i started at year 2. 200l result was a nightmare (cgpa 3.40). For me to make a first class i need to hit the 5.00 as many semester as possible. Look how i did it:
1. Take all assignment serious even if it is half mark.
2. Have a personal time table 4 ya daily activities with allocated time(learnt dis from my over serious friend even though i made mockery of him at 1st).E.g 5am-6am(quiet time), 6-7am breakfast and bath, etc.
3. Shun unnecessary meetings, dept/sch politics and even some friends
4.Study hard and make sure u test yourself with possible exam question on each topic covered.
5.Set a semester goal/target (i once targeted 5.00 in my 300l and got 4.90. Subsequently i got 5.00 in 2semesters).
6.Make sure you goto exam with a watch. Allocate 20mins/more to each question (theory) depending on the total time given 4 da course and make sure u work with it.
7. Score yasef right there b4 u submit. Goodluck

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by optm(m): 3:27am On Jul 27, 2019
You had better focused more in developing every other areas of your life and not just ur cgpa alone. Having the best cgpa isn't what guarantees your success. It's not bad aspiring to come out with a good cgpa but u have to realize there's more to life than that and such shouldnt cause u to go into depression. As a matter of fact , in the health care profession, your cgpa doesn't really count after grad nevertheless, there are circumstances where a good cgpa could give u an edge; for instance if you intend going into academics as a career path or probably intend taking a post grad course abroad. Do not be too hard on yourself, Cheer up , put in more efforts or restrategize if need be but do not neglect developing other areas of your life while in school. Best wishes

6 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Kingrexyl(m): 5:40am On Jul 27, 2019
Mirabel2034:
Ok am studying pharmacy in one of the federal universities in east Nigeria,my year 1 cgpa was 4.37 now first semester yr2 is 3.76,I have cried my heart out.i need someone to talk to.please help, is a first class still possible. Please I don't need comments like cgpa doesn't matter, school is overrated etc. I need realistic comments on if a first class is still possible and how I can achieve it preferably from a pharmacy graduate ,pharmacy is a 5 yr course.
I can provide you with sniper if you need one, nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mirabel2034: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2019
Kingrexyl:
thanks

1 Like

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mirabel2034: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2019
chikason68:
Its very much possible if you re willing and determined. Read a 5yr course but entered as DE student so i started at year 2. 200l result was a nightmare (cgpa 3.40). For me to make a first class i need to hit the 5.00 as many semester as possible. Look how i did it:
2. Have a personal time table 4 ya daily activities with allocated time(learnt dis from my over serious friend even though i made mockery of him at 1st).E.g 5am-6am(quiet time), 6-7am breakfast and bath, etc.
4.Study hard and make sure u test yourself with possible exam question on each topic covered.
5.Set a semester goal/target (i once targeted 5.00 in my 300l and got 4.90. Subsequently i got 5.00 in 2semesters).
6.Make sure you goto exam with a watch. Allocate 20mins/more to each question (theory) depending on the total time given 4 da course and make sure u work with it.
thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mirabel2034: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2019
chikason68:
may GOD meet you at the point of your need

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mirabel2034: 5:46am On Jul 27, 2019
optm:
You had better focused more in developing every other areas of your life and not just ur cgpa alone. Having the best cgpa isn't what guarantees your success. It's not bad aspiring to come out with a good cgpa but u have to realize there's more to life than that and such shouldnt cause u to go into depression. As a matter of fact , in the health care profession, your cgpa doesn't really count after grad nevertheless, there are circumstances where a good cgpa could give u an edge; for instance if you intend going into academics as a career path or probably intend taking a post grad course abroad. Do not be too hard on yourself, Cheer up , put in more efforts or restrategize if need be but do not neglect developing other areas of your life while in school. Best wishes
thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Stargurl20(f): 6:03am On Jul 27, 2019
chikason68:
Thanks bro I learnt from this too

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Stargurl20(f): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2019
Kingrexyl:
But why are u like dis?
Someone is depressed n she's seeking solutions from the experienced ones n instead of u to encourage her or better keep shut u are encouraging her to consume sniper.

2 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Stargurl20(f): 6:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Sis ... I believe hardwork,focus, determination, prayers n certain sacrifices will make u attain what u desire.
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Stargurl20(f): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Let's not b discourage by being told cgpa doesn't determine success. Yes! It may not... Education is one out of millions ways to b successful ....but y not still work hard on whichever path we've chosen? If it's education.....let's do anything legal...to make us stand out in positive way....
I pray may Lord make all our efforts count...
Trust me u ain't the only one facing this....
But this should only serve as positive reinforcement for u that will make u strive hard.....
Let go of the irrelevancies ....n tym to live will...com

1 Like

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Kingrexyl(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2019
Mirabel2034:
thanks
Where are you so I can deliver it to u
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by arinzos(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2019
If you are studying Pharmacy I don't think you should be bothered about graduating with a First Class.

Pharmacy is Unclassified.
There is Nothing like i graduated with a First Class in Pharmacy.

You should be talking about graduating with distinction in pharmacology,Cognosy,Pharmaceutical Chemistry,Technology,Clincal etal.

Stop that tears and Situp.

7 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by femi4: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2019
Mirabel2034:
you won't make it. That 3.76 will hunt you till your final year. You landing cgpa will be between 4.1-4.3
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by ruggedtimi(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2019
Op you want to tell the world your cgpa
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Samyj247: 7:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Mirabel2034:
Mirabel forget dick and too much Indecency. you will finish with first class.
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by ednut1(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2019
Life was never meant for weak people. I started with 4.5 gpa in 100l. By 300l it was on 4.2. I stopped caring. But i still got good jobs. Today most of the first class guys are no where to be found. The person with the best job in our set today even had a 2.2. Life is not by grade grow up.

6 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by efembaba(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2019
When I read the topic about u being depressed, I was expecting to see more real problems like having terminal illness or something and hoping to render consolation. Well maybe it's because u are still in the school system. You, like many people in ur shoes, can't really have a balanced perspective about life until you get out.. Am I saying you shouldn't be concerned at all about ur grades? No but am saying having depression over these things is definitely not worth it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Memberclub(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2019
This one is still a child. grin

1 Like

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Onyenna(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2019
ednut1:
Life was never meant for weak people. I started with 4.5 gpa in 100l. By 300l it was on 4.2. I stopped caring. But i still got good jobs. Today most of the first class guys are no where to be found. The person with the best job in our set today even had a 2.2. Life is not by grade grow up.

Well said.....
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Onyenna(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2019
First Class is still possible but then, you gotta let go of so many things..... Stay focused....

BTW, why should you be depressed!?...
Depression is a very dangerous thing Sweetheart...

NB: My advice to every student is to try as much as possible to create a great network of smart students while in school.... Some of the smart students may not be that brilliant, but, they're really going to help you out after graduation.... Trust me on that....

3 Likes

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Mutemenot(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Its simple, don't always look back especially when u know u can t change the past. Work on the possibilities at hand and believe me, the outcome 'll give u the result u deserve ... just concentrate...
Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by Topstarr: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2019
@Mirabel

You can!

1 Like

Re: Am Depressed! Please Help Me! by gratefulheart(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2019
you need to work hard to increase your year3 to 5.00..here a little there a little to meet up with the lost point...then you're good to go.
You will need to drop every distraction both internal and external to face your goal. Then you're good to go.

Mirabel2034:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning – The Truth About Jamb Expo And Runz / Staff Of Three Tertiary Institutions In Nasarawa To Strike Tomorrow / How To Get Admission Into University Of Abomey Calavi,benin Republic FEDERAL UNI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.