Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Is It A Sin?: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin?: (1700 Views)

Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin?: by bulletG(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
Please my friends on nairaland, is it a sin biblical to marry a divorcee?, my friend met diz divorced pretty young lady with two kids and wants to marry her, my friend is also young though older than her but he has not married b4 n he has no kids, both of them are in love, but my friend wants to know wot the word of God says in marrying a divorcee, nice commemts r welcome!!
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Joagbaje(m): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
It's always advisable when seeking counsel to give certain details. E.g are they born again Christians? Are they committed in a local church. Under what circumstance did they divorce? All these are important. Every case has it's peculiarity, they can marry under certain circumstance and it also may not be advisable under another circumstance. The pastor will be the best person to admonish on this.

Matthew 5:32
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

This scripture is not applicable to all situations. There are cases whereby God permit devorce. E.g . Differences in faith etc. But your pastor is the bedtime person to judge such matters by the word and spirit.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Rhino3dm: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ OP. tell your friend to go ahead and marry her. . . . Will god force you to stay with a wife you dont like anymore? ? He should equally be wary of advice of 'gods of men' cos before you mention jack he will start sleeping with her in the name of the lord. Atleast he is not marrying 700 wives and 300 cuncubines.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by manmustwac(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
Dude follow your concious. Don't let what the bible says block your reasoning faculties.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by vescucci(m): 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2010
Make I no talk.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
A false teacher, two atheists and a free/enslaved lance human. Satan must be alive and well hia
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Rhino3dm: 12:30am On Oct 16, 2010
. . . . Yeah devil is alive hia and the pathetic jewish carpenter has proving to be dead.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by vescucci(m): 1:07am On Oct 16, 2010
A free/enslaved lance human. undecided Only me?
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Joagbaje(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2010
Image123:

A false teacher, two atheists and a free/enslaved lance human. Satan must be alive and well hia

Pls explain yourself
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Image123(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2010
^i think i was clear, i won't be any clearer sorry.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Image123(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

. . . . Yeah devil is alive hia and the pathetic jewish carpenter has proving to be dead.
I don't know about any pathetic jewish carpenter. Is that your maga?
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Rhino3dm: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2010
. . . That one that was bleeping mary magdalaine the LovePeddler or are you telling me he is a gay.
Keep it coming fella i am enjoying the game. . . Be my guest i suggest.

Image123:

I don't know about any pathetic jewish carpenter. Is that your maga?
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Kay17: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2010
God has usurped the duties of the Devil, according to Mr Uyi and I agree.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Joagbaje(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2010
Image 123
Image123:

^i think i was clear, i won't be any clearer sorry.

Keep your sorry to yourself my dear. If you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute to a thread as usual due to your emptiness , you should at least hide your folly by being quiet ,instead of insulting someone making meaningful contribution.

Proverbs 17:28
28 Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Image123(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

. . . That one that was bleeping mary magdalaine the LovePeddler or are you telling me he is a gay.
Keep it coming fella i am enjoying the game. . . Be my guest i suggest.

I really do not make sense of what you're saying. Who is mary magdalaine? Another maga? What's bleeping?
Re: Is It A Sin?: by manmustwac(m): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2010
Follow your conscience follow your heart. If your friends do insist that you must follow the writings of an inconsistent book that was written over 2'000 years ago. If they do insist that you follow that book then pls look for any part that would benfit you like what pastors do when it comes to tithes. GooD LucK.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Rhino3dm: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2010
28 Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding

[/quote][quote author=Image123 link=topic=532471.msg6951118#msg6951118 date=1287224875]
I really do not make sense of what you're saying. Who is mary magdalaine? Another maga? What's bleeping?
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Image123(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

I couldn't help but laugh when i saw this. Rhino quotes Bible, interesting. Thanks to Joagbaje, you owe him on this. By the way, have you one, practised what you quoted and two, considered the subject of the verse? It's talking to you and your colleagues. Psalm 14v1. Hope that word 'colleague' doesn't throw you up like it did your pal.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Rhino3dm: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2010
What makes you think so? I hope the hunter will not be hunted. I gave you a friendly advice you took it wrong.Simply because i dont believe in what you believe does not warrant you calling me names what gives you assurance on what you believe apart from faith?

Image123:

I couldn't help but laugh when i saw this. Rhino quotes Bible, interesting. Thanks to Joagbaje, you owe him on this. By the way, have you one, practised what you quoted and two, considered the subject of the verse? It's talking to you and your colleagues. Psalm 14v1. Hope that word 'colleague' doesn't throw you up like it did your pal.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by UyiIredia(m): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kay 17:

God has usurped the duties of the Devil, according to Mr Uyi and I agree.

na u talk am ooo !!!! >>> i see u've taken it on yourself to purposefully misstate my position >>> SMH undecided
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Kay17: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2010
It is directly inferred as your position!
Re: Is It A Sin?: by UyiIredia(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2010
@ Kay 17 >>> by all means start a new thread on Theodicy >>> and talk more on my stance >>> i hate being misstated
>>> seems u went along with your errant inferences >>> again, i say >>> go & read straw man
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Kay17: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2010
^^ Bobo, you cannot seperate yourself from your representations. If my inferences are awkward, then show how unnatural it is, if not stop insisting on strawman!
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:23am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:26am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:27am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:28am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:29am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:30am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:31am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:32am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin?: by Saintdix(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2010
Yes its a sin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are They Telling You the Truth About the Gospel? / Your Life Is The Character Of Your Words : Pastor Chris / Protestanisms Greatest Heresy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.