Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? (13481 Views)

Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus / Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by harjay1986: 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pregnant women are annoying and a total liability on the team.

It may seem mean but the ideal thing to do is to give them a full leave of absence with no pay during their pregnancy days during which a temporary worker will take on their beat.
Then once post-partum, place them on half pay till they resume.

Pregnant women have an awful sense of entitlement.
They think they deserve special preferences because they have a lump in their midriffs.

It's so common to see a pregnant woman jump queues, spit indiscriminately or not carry out assigned job functions and when you question her unruly attitude, she'd say,
"Pity me, it's because of my condition".

Very ironic how they'd want people to pity them like they are serving a punishment when they were the ones who screamed loudest, chewed the pillow case and even begged Papa Karimu to ram them harder on the fateful night of conception.

You go soon have your own cross

4 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by dazzlingd(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Angelfrost:

Don't mind the women-pleaser... They think business is a joking matter or place for charity, especially in these unhealthy economic climes...

Pregnancy should be a decision between couples, and they are supposed to count the cost of such decision to procreate... Not expecting a hustling and profit-minded company to bear the cost.

As NwaAmaikpe said above, they should be allowed the luxury of leave without pay, and willing individuals placed temporarily on their duties and salary...

A business shouldn't suffer to accommodate the procreative needs of you and your partner... This should also apply in Government establishments.

Some of these ladies crying victim are so guilty.... A woman gets a job and within 3 months, already gets pregnant, works sluggishly for about 6 months then go on maternity leave for 3 months, resumes work as a nursing mother and after 6 months gets pregants again..... Her contribution and time on the job after 3 years if calculated may not be up to a job of 6 months.....then if she did not get promotion or get laid off when they are downsizing, she will be crying victim.... Can she run her own personal business like that, is it her fathers company...africans be giving birth like fowls

4 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Angelfrost(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
dazzlingd:

Some of these ladies crying victim are so guilty.... A woman gets a job and within 3 months, already gets pregnant, works sluggishly for about 6 months then go on maternity leave for 3 months, resumes work as a nursing mother and after 6 months gets pregants again..... Her contribution and time on the job after 3 years if calculated may not be up to a job of 6 months.....then if she did not get promotion or get laid off when they are downsizing, she will be crying victim.... Can she run her own personal business like that, is it her fathers company...africans be giving birth like fowls

There is nothing I hate in my life like entitlement mentality... Especially in government owned hospitals. They will even expect younger male colleagues to fill in for them at no extra cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by JubrinElSudan: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
The pregnant lady in our office is bae. Very calm, no sign of moods swing. She's the customer care but she relates well with both staff and customers even as she is heavily pregnant. I pray that she delivers safely. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Mustiboy(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It may seem mean but the ideal thing to do is to give them a full leave of absence with no pay during their pregnancy days during which a temporary worker will take on their beat.

They think they deserve special preferences because they have a lump in their midriffs.

It's so common to see a pregnant woman jump queues, spit indiscriminately or not carry out assigned job functions and when you question her unruly attitude, she'd say,

Very ironic how they'd want people to pity them like they are serving a punishment when they were the ones who screamed loudest, chewed the pillow case and even begged Papa Karimu to ram them harder on the fateful night of conception.
the notorious NwaAmaikpe is back. shocked shocked shocked

Hell yeah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by macklef(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
mamajj17:

You indeed a REAL MAN, one of a Kind. Keep it up Bros wink
Why dont u advice him to be realistic, he has good intentions, but pregnancy is not disability

3 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Legendguru: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
hmmm
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by mamajj17(f): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
macklef:

Why dont u advice him to be realistic, he has good intentions, but pregnancy is not disability

You are my dear, let him firstly Start wit a Child, then his Story will change grin grin grin
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by mamajj17(f): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
macklef:

You are right my dear, let him firstly start with a Child, then His Story will change grin grin grin grin you know it is easier said than done wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Kogbaski: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
strange and sad, raw and brute but very very TRUE.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Kogbaski: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
The pregnant lady in our office is bae. Very calm, no sign of moods swing. She's the customer care but she relates well with both staff and customers even as she is heavily pregnant. I pray that she delivers safely. Amen.
amen too

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by PURITYAUTOZ: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
As for me oh my wife can never work when she is pregnant.My wife is a first class French language graduate and we agreed that she wil resume work after giving birth to all the kids that we plan to have. And it working out expecting the last one in few months. Though not easy on my finances but still better. The pregnancy journey alone is a complete work and you now add another one on it. And most Manager are so mean they don’t give a a dime about your state of mind and health.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by uuzba(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What you said is the technical truth
But we live in a real world.
In the old days, men were paid more than women. Infact, there weren't any women in the work place. Her husband that impregnated her should use his salary to care for her at home

But women now wanted to get into the work place
Because of women, the WC toilet system was invented and developed. Men can easily piss on a wall without issue. But no way, not women. Mmm-Mmm.

Women who got into the work place and did same work as men wanted same pay.

The truth is that the work place was never invented/designed for women. Office work is not their primary duty

I wish organisations psid men more to cover their families so women don't have to demand so many rights in the work place.

But since that is not the case, the organisation is legally bound to treat women favourably in the work place

Every work place is now an extended home, with bed, toilet, kitchenette, creche for babies, a boss like a husband providing allowance packages, and leaves for women. Men can work without any of these

You as the employer, employ with wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by saxby(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
Not at all
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
PURITYAUTOZ:
As for me oh my wife can never work when she is pregnant.My wife is a first class French language graduate and we agreed that she wil resume work after giving birth to all the kids that we plan to have. And it working out expecting the last one in few months. Though not easy on my finances but still better. The pregnancy journey alone is a complete work and you now add another one on it. And most Manager are so mean they don’t give a a dime about your state of mind and health.

Thanks for this.

Some married men will even be angry when their pregnant wives are not going out job hunting. I have seen a man like that with my two clear eyes. His wife was suffering pregnancy sickness and could barely stand up but the foolish man was busy calling HR up and down to help her get a job and join him in providing.

Her first pregnancy ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Antichristus: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Never knew your mum shared with you these secrets of her carrying your foetus. She’s quite brave. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by kazyhm(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
dazzlingd:

You didn't add the several sick leaves you permitted and two months later she is pregnant........ The op is sure not a business owner or a boss that has a sensitive job to deliver
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by placeofallure(f): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
macklef:
Pregnancy hits women in different ways.
Its bad to compare A during pregnancy because she is agile and B as useless because she is weak.

To determine whether a pregnant woman deserves concession or not, i will evaluate their pre-preg performance. If she was not giving her best before preg and dwindles further during preg, she can go but if she was top notch before preg, mo matter what, her level of efficiency may never be low as the former.
Then she deserves to be condoned.

That's just it. Before I became pregnant, I was a hard worker. Singlehandedly, I carried out group assignments. Before you say Eureka! I was done, so much that my boss wondered if I wasn't a team player. The truth is I just don't like people who are passive and will slow me down. My motto is do it and be on to the next!

However the story changed when I got pregnant. I couldn't even lift a finger for months. I was constantly away from work but the few days l showed, I was pampered like an egg. Everyone from the boss down to the cleaner pampered me. I guess it was due to my antecedent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by EmmyDJourno: 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
ArthurADM:
Trust me, I find it joyful helping them out at work. 9 months of carriage and additional baby care months won't ruin a business. If I were to be a manager, it's easy to cope with pregnant employees, how?
a. Readjusting their working hours
b. Pick a working mate at the office who will faithfully assist in completing their tasks
c. Securing them.

It's just pregnancy - it's not a bomb

May you remain wise to the glory of God

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Fourwinds: 3:21am On Jul 28, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

this man, you no go kill someone with laughter... See the way you ended your statement
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Sike(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2019
Let's just blame the nature.
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Menuskiiiii(f): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
This pregnancy journey is not black and white. My first pregnancy was like a walk in the park. I worked as a QA in a welding workshop and i was there till my due date, still carrying out assigned duties and even worked night sometimes because of workload. My colleagues and managers were awed at my performance then.

But the second (two years later) started with three months of madness.....could'nt eat without vomiting and so on and it definitely affected my performance but in situations like this, we expect leniency especially considering track record of service but before i could say jack mehn, i was home unemployed. Now the three months is gone, i am back to my usual self and at home bored as hell.....going from one online course to another, waiting to put to birth so i can start the application process again.

For the men saying my wife won't work when she is pregnant oga, staying at home doing nothing, eating and adding weight is not deal biko, especially for a woman who is used to working. Make sure it is what she wants otherwise you might be making things more difficult.

On another note, please anybody that has part time or even a fulltime job for a pregnant woman, i am open. I reside in Port Harcourt, I have a B.tech in Electrical /Computer with over 3 years administrative and procurement experience, very adept at bid/tender preparatio, data analysis with excel and very tech savvy. You would not regret hiring me. Email: wonk.tee@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by jubangha(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They think they deserve special preferences because they have a lump in their midriffs

you are one of the problems we are facing in this country
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by jubangha(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2019
badonkadonk:

Not everyone thinks like you. 99.9% of managers are from hell fire.
as i speak right now,that is what am doing with my colleague,to me is nothing even the management are not aware that she dosnt come to work at times,please young men try and help them out like seriouse is not easy to carry a whole human in your womb for nine whole months,so to me they are really trying

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by ArthurADM(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2019
badonkadonk:

Not everyone thinks like you. 99.9% of managers are from hell fire.

Sure, I understand and that's why I am me, not others who are pained when they see a woman in travail. My help can't be captured on pictures cos it's not for public applause, it's a value to ensure a system works effectively.
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by ArthurADM(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2019
EmmyDJourno:

May you remain wise to the glory of God

Amen!
Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? by Realme2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very ironic how they'd want people to pity them like they are serving a punishment when they were the ones who screamed loudest, chewed the pillow case and even begged Papa Karimu to ram them harder on
the fateful night of conception.

You must definately by high on drugs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Find Your Salary Disappointing? / Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? / Federal Job Or Private Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.