Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,747 members, 7,827,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl (20361 Views)

President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding / Buhari Directs NCDC To Recall Retired Staff / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by AreaFada2: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2019
TSRC:
Buhari must be the only commander in chief in the world.
Other Democraic countries don't have commander in Chief. Abi?
Nor mind that one. The fat guy in N. Korea young enough to be Buhari's grandson has his fingers on nuclear bomb button. Buhari commands armed forces with inferior weapons to Boko and person nor go hear word.

Which part of the constitution permits the president to meddle in state politics.

The mistake of Edo is to still follow a SW party after breaking away from Western Region. Edo and Delta shouid revive the old Midwest party. Our history has shown us their tricks already. They

Neither APC nor PDP has the interest of our people at heart. Leave their dirty bigotted national politics to them and focus on improving the lot of local Midwest people.

Before they say I hate SW, following SW godfathers means being sold to Hausa Fulani. Just like we are seeing now.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Timba24(m): 8:59am On Jul 29, 2019
pls people, it is not right for a governor to issue proclamation illegally and also the president has the veto power to instruct the governor to do his constitutional duties if he or she is not doing right. Check the story when president obasanjo declare state of emergency on ekiti state and governor fayose was ousted out.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by AreaFada2: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2019
TSRC:
Buhari must be the only commander in chief in the world.
Other Democraic countries don't have commander in Chief. Abi?
Nor mind that one. The fat guy in N. Korea is young enough to be Buhari's grandson has his fingers on nuclear bomb button. Buhari commands armed forces with inferior weapons to Boko and person nor go hear word.

Which part of the constitution permits the president to meddle in state politics.

The mistake of Edo is to still follow a SW party after breaking away from Western Region. Edo and Delta shouid revive the old Midwest party. Our history has shown us their tricks already. What Midwest leaders already saw in the 1940s and 50s is what SE and Midwest Igbo officers realised later in the 1960s that led to January 1966 coup.

Neither APC nor PDP has the interest of our people at heart. Leave their dirty bigotted national politics to them and focus on improving the lot of local Midwest people.

Before they say I hate SW, following SW godfathers means being sold to Hausa Fulani. Just like we are seeing now.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Timba24(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

Nor mind that one. The fat guy in N. Korea young enough to be Buhari's grandson has his fingers on nuclear bomb button. Buhari commands armed forces with inferior weapons to Boko and person nor go hear word.

The mistake of Edo is to still follow a SW party after breaking away from Western Region. Edo and Delta shouid revive the old Midwest party. Our history has shown us their tricks already. They

y did obasanjo meddle into ekiti state politics when he was still the president
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by adanny01(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Buhari must be very dull to think this is 1985.

He has no such power to order a state governor on how to carry out his constitutional duties.

He has no such powers and has claimed no such powers. What he has is influence, the President also has power to write the NA to take over the State assembly.

What Obaseki is doing is totally wrong and must be condemned by all well meaning people.

The fact that he (Obaseki) has no control over majority of the elected house members does not mean he should undermine a constitutional arm of government. The fact that there is a constitutional loophole doesn't give the gov the right to undermine the Constitution, it doesn't speak well of him.

All i used to know is that he was a good governor who is liked by his people, but now, i see a desperate politician trying every illegal means to find the reigns of power. He has forgotten that power was used in given him the power he has and desires more.

I understand that he needs to wield power yo be respected in the state, i also understand that Oshiomhole is overstretching his powers but 2 wrongs dont make a right.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by AreaFada2: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2019
Timba24:
Please go ask OBJ. I am not his PA and not in his party. Did I support him back then?

Any president should not interfere anyhow and should rather encourage constional means to address it.

Oshiomhole used fewer assembly members doing his proclamation. I did not support or oppose it if the law allows it.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by HANSEEL(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2019
why always this midget?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Tecno66: 9:22am On Jul 29, 2019
What is Obaseki saying? He is even already suggesting the name of another person. It appears he doesn't want due process to take place. He should issue a new letter of proclamation and let voting take place. That's how it's done everywhere and not the one done secretly at night. By the way, Dangote now appears to be a full fledged member of APC. Nothing we no go see for naija.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by adanny01(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

So you believe the president doesnt have the right to write the National assembly directing and lobbying them to take control of the state assembly?

Do not forget in a hurry what GEJ did to Ameachi or what Obj did to Tinubu. If Buhari were the type, Saraki would not have survived 4 yrs and Obaseki would have ran back to Edo with his tail between his legs.

One major flaw of Buhari is his lack of will to deal with the political space.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by AreaFada2: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2019
adanny01:

So you believe the president doesnt have the right to write the National assembly directing and lobbying them to take control of the state assembly?

Do not forget in a hurry what GEJ did to Ameachi or what Obj did to Tinubu. If Buhari were the type, Saraki would not have survived 4 yrs and Obaseki would have ran back to Edo with his tail between his legs.

One major flaw of Buhari is his lack of will to deal with the political space.
Anyway Nigeria practices militocracy so not surprised you support abuse of power. I do not support meddling no matter who does it.
My point still remains that Oshiomole used fewer assembly members for his proclamation.

Oshiomhole is doing Tinubu's bidding now and people support his meddling via FG. I know the tune will change the minute he disagrees with Tinubu.

Make we siddon dey look.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by jesmond3945: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2019
BruncleZuma:
He could do that?

How about IMN and Zakzaky?
una neva see anything. Abi you no know say we dey authocratic government?
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by BruncleZuma: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2019
jesmond3945:
una neva see anything. Abi you no know say we dey authocratic government?
My guy nah wetin tire me be that..the Government be like Janus, dem no get principle at all.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Essential(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2019
Obaseki use ur sesnse dont let anybody fool u. The odds are all against u. Wisely ask dangote and Oba of Benin to help u beg Osho baba. Most people they support here in nairaland end up in fire and losing. E.g former cjn, president gej. Ambode and Saraki. Think twice before it is too late. This is Nigeria political system for u. You do anyhow and you will see anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by adanny01(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

Anyway Nigeria practices militocracy [b]so not surprised you support abuse of power. [/b]I do not support meddling no matter who does it.
My point still remains that Oshiomole used fewer assembly members for his proclamation.

Oshiomhole is doing Tinubu's bidding now and people support his meddling via FG. I know the tune will change the minute he disagrees with Tinubu.

Make we siddon dey look.

Who has actually abused power here. Is it not Obaseki who inaugurated the house at wee hours with minority members present. Is it not the Edo assembly that is still not completely inaugurated till today 2months after.

How exactly is Buhari or Oshiomhole abusing powers without having actual powers in the state assembly.

This whole issue falls at the desk of Obaseki not Buhari or Oshiomhole. Get that right. Learn to separate between power and influence. Obaseki has the power while Oshiomhole has the influence. Once a while one overtakes the other and vise versa.

Take it or leave it, only Obaseki has done wrong, it is never wrong to have influence.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Astark: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2019
Lol its funny seeing yorubas asking obaseki to be slave to the caliphate.

Why am I not surprised?. Edo will never be under the Fulani
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Timba24(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

Please go ask OBJ. I am not his PA and not in his party. Did I support him back then?

Any president should not interfere anyhow and should rather encourage constional means to address it.

Oshiomhole used fewer assembly members doing his proclamation. I did not support or oppose it if the law allows it.
that is what he is trying to do by telling the governor to issue a new proclamation so as to benefit everybody. Normally it is not right for a governor to issue proclamation illegally with fewer assembly member just for his or her own selfish interest.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Timba24(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2019
adanny01:

Who has actually abused power here. Is it not Obaseki who inaugurated the house at wee hours with minority members present. Is it not the Edo assembly that is still not completely inaugurated till today 2months after.

How exactly is Buhari or Oshiomhole abusing powers without having actual powers in the state assembly.

This whole issue falls at the desk of Obaseki not Buhari or Oshiomhole. Get that right. Learn to separate between power and influence. Obaseki has the power while Oshiomhole has the influence. Once a while one overtakes the other and vise versa.

Take it or leave it, only Obaseki has done wrong, it is never wrong to have influence.
correct talk. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by itsene: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2019
What Obaseki, Idahosa, Oyegun and co- travelers " should do now is tell Buhari to get lost and remind Buhari that edo is not Abuja.
After that we can testify to Obaseki' s foolishness.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by bigfish3k: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2019
Timba24:

according to zombies there should be a continuum on all the wrongs of PDP that they came to correct therefore there should be a continuum on the wrong OBJ did in ekiti so its the turn of edo state in this regime

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by gbishman: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, politics 101. I don't know how Obaseki will wiggle out of this one. This one nor need degree but experience.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Deepthoughts: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2019
nickxtra:
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly directed Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State to issue a fresh proclamation for inauguration of the state House of Assembly.

This came as Edo State chapter of All Progressives Congress, APC, weekend, rubbished claims that Governor Obaseki was at loggerheads with his predecessor and National Chairman of the party, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, over control of the state and leadership tussle in Edo State House of Assembly. Edo State APC chairman, Mr Anselm Ojezua, who made the disclosure during an interactive session with newsmen in Lagos, blamed the crisis on the deceptive nature of players in the state’s political space.

Meanwhile, sources disclosed to Vanguard, weekend, Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, who is a member of the committee set up by President Buhari to resolve Edo State crisis, declared the stand of the president at the first re-conciliatory meeting of the group in Abuja, last week. The committee, headed by Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, has el-Rufai and business magnate, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, as members.

Both the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, and Governor Obaseki are members of the committee. The initial meeting of the committee, presided over by Fayemi, was held at Ekiti House, Abuja. A source said el-Rufai informed the meeting as they commenced that he had information from President Buhari. He hinted: “The Kaduna State governor told the meeting that President Buhari wants Obaseki to issue a fresh proclamation for re-inauguration of the House of Assembly, and that anybody interested in the speaker’s position should contest it. Obaseki’s position “Governor Obaseki interjected, saying he thought they were looking for peace, but having seen the handwriting on the wall, even before the meeting, he said he would want to appeal to Oshiomhole for a situation where the self-worth of both sides would be accommodated in the final resolution.’’

Vanguard learned that the governor argued that if the present speaker, Mr Frank Okiye, would be sacrificed, then Oshiomhole should also shift grounds on his preferred candidate, Mr Victor Edoror, for a neutral person, Mr Emmanuel Okoduwa. It was learned that el-Rufai demanded to know what Obaseki meant by accommodating the interests of both sides, saying if the governor wants anybody in the new dispensation as speaker, he should ask him to lobby his colleagues and he (Obaseki) should also lobby the lawmakers for him. The Kaduna governor, according to the source, made reference to the recent inauguration of the National Assembly, where the president and the party settled for the incumbent Senate President, Senator Ahmad Lawan, while Senator Mohammed Ndume insisted on his rights to contest, with everybody lobbying the senators-elect.

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/edo-assembly-crisis-buhari-directs-obaseki-to-issue-fresh-proclamation-el-rufai/
Buhari,the zombies emperor!
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by alen4smith(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Buhari must be very dull to think this is 1985.

He has no such power to order a state governor on how to carry out his constitutional duties.

you are the dullest if you think it is right for a sitting governor to contravene the constitution!
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by namio10: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2019
What's president Buhari's business directing a state governor?

Is BUHARI gearing towards absolute dictatorship
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by namio10: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2019
blackmantis:
Can someone please tell me What type of Government are we practicing again?

It's Buhari,/Fulani-Designed DemoCRAZY for Fulani capture of the whole Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by smirn(m): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2019
PopsiAde:
If a new proclamation is to be made, it suffices that they are starting afresh. So what happens to the expiration date? And we have a Vice President who is a Professor of Law.
What is the time frame by law Mr. Lecturer?
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by smirn(m): 11:36am On Jul 29, 2019
namio10:
What's president Buhari's business directing a state governor?

Is BUHARI gearing towards absolute dictatorship
They belong to the same party and Mr. President is the party leader. Are you a member of their party? If not, I don't think it is your business.
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by luluosas(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the president is on this one if he ever said such
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Ubenedictus(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
itsene:
What Obaseki, Idahosa, Oyegun and co- travelers " should do now is tell Buhari to get lost and remind Buhari that edo is not Abuja.
After that we can testify to Obaseki' s foolishness.
hmm.

Sorry for Obaseki
Re: President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl by Ubenedictus(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

the house of representatives that has the power to address the matter and they recommended that a new proclamation be done.

But buhari is doing is about finding a political solution.

Actually Oshiomole proclaimed the house correctly, informed everyone and held the inauguration during house hours.

Obaseki failed in all that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Lifts Lockdown In Kabba Bunu, Insists Kogi State Is COVID-19 Free / 5 States With Highest Number Of 4 Story And Above Buildings. / Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.