Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,364 members, 7,861,002 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo (502 Views)

Ganduje’s Troubles Continue As North Central Stakeholders Push For Chairmanship / Ogun: Gbenga Daniel Asks Abiodun To Stop His Monthly Pension, Allowances / Ali Modu Sheriff Visits APC Secretariat, May Vie For Chairmanship Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo by 9jahotblog: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
By Nwafor Sunday
At the ongoing ministerial screening at the national
assembly, the senator representing Adamawa north,
Monday chronically recounted how Rauf Aregbesola, the
then governor of Osun State, gave him (Abbo), his monthly
salary to contest for chairmanship position in his
hometown.
Senator Elisha Abbo
Abbo comically fumbled with the story, noting that
Aregbesola whom he described as a kind, detribalised and
honest Nigerian, should take a bow and go.
His words, “I want to join my colleagues from Osun and the
entire south-west to extol the virtue of this great Nigerian,”
he said.
Nollywood Actress, Abimbola Afolayan Unveils Her Mini
Estate(Opens In A New Browser Tab)
“I remember in 2012 when I contested for the chairmanship
of my local government as a very tiny young man; I visited
you in GRA, Ikeja in your house. I never knew you and you
asked me to come in and I explained my problems and you
told me to come to the government house and meet you.
“When I got there, I thought I would stay there for three
days without seeing you. I filled a form, you saw my name
and ushered me into your office upstairs and you gave me
the whole of your salary that month to go to Adamawa and
contest election.
“Today, to the grace of God, I am one of the people
confirming your nomination. I want to enjoin my colleagues
to please allow this detrabilised, honest Nigerian to take a
bow and go and also ask of Mr President of Nigeria to give
you a very big ministry. God bless you, sir.”
Vanguard

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/aregbesola-gave-me-his-monthly-salary-to-contest-for-chairmanship-sen-elisha-abbo/

Re: Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo by 9jahotblog: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
And the ex governor said he never collect salaries throughout the 8 years he spent in osun state.
Re: Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo by futuregovernor: 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
9jahotblog:
And the ex governor said he never collect salaries throughout the 8 years he spent in osun state.
Lollll,the man is stupid
Re: Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo by Kingosytex(m): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
9jahotblog:

Naija politicians can school the devil when it comes to lies. In fact, devil na learner for where these guys dey.
Re: Aregbesola Gave Me His Monthly Salary To Contest For Chairmanship – Sen Abbo by Kingosytex(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
The slapping senator rose from grass to grace but it is unfortunate that power has changed him. Truly power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: No Victor No Vanquish Policy In Nigeria / The Politics Of Exams - Look Who's Passing Exams In Naija / JUST IN: Army Arrest Bobrisky As Governor Wike Pledges To Redeem N30m Bounty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.