Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,570 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly (941 Views)

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday / Edo Assembly Crisis: I’ll Not Issue Fresh Proclamation - Obaseki / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by HeWrites(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2019
The Senate has ordered Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, to issue a fresh proclamation for the inauguration of the Edo State House of Assembly.

The upper legislative chamber issued the order on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the governor said he had not received any presidential directive to issue fresh proclamation on the assembly, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Obaseki, in the statement by his spokesman, Crusoe Osagie, said the 1999 Constitution allows governors to issue proclamation only once for the inauguration of their houses of assembly which he has done.

Details later…

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/859244/breaking-senate-orders-obaseki-to-issue-fresh-proclamation-on-assembly/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Damian077: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
smiley
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Arabiandude: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
[b]Obaseki the baby politician. When we that fought with everything in us to make you become governor warned you, you were hoping for Shaibu and some nairaland miscreants from a particular extraction to help you.
Presidency has told you
The HOR has told you
The senate just did and soon i know the Oba palace will also tell you. Lets see how you will fight everyone when you have no political grassroot nor followers.
And i thought his camp tend to make the world believe that he is loved by APC in Edo state? Let him allow a level playing ground and lets see if there will be upto 10 HOA lawmakers that will vote for your speakership candidate frank Okiye. Obaseki, i love you but your fall our hands, you allowed those expired PDP politicians in Edo state to deceive you and you started whining and dinning with them, lets see how the Igbinedion, the expired Ikimi who has never won his Igueben LG, and the political prostitute, Charles Idahosa from Uhunwonde who cant even defeat Imafidon in Uhunwonde and a LG where its HOA representive HON Washington Osa Osifo is the spoke person of Oshiomole group at the HOA.
For those that aren't aware, current SSG was also Oshiomhole SSG and later commissioner for works for 8 years,
Current COS was Oshiomhole Government house COS when oshiomhole was governor,
Obaseki deputy was the majority leader whom oshiomhole made when oshiomhole was governor and he is also from the same LG with oshiomhole,
Current leader of Obaseki group, Charles Idahosa was a PA to oshiomhole when Oshiomhole was governor, etc. This fight go sweet die��� [/b]
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Senate should face their work!!!

Even though, they are rubber stamped, must they be too obvious

Do they have that right over the governor Yeye people

Killings happening here and there and all they cared about his fresh proclamation undecided

Fresh proclamation kee them there!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Arabiandude: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Senate should face their work!!!

Even though, they are rubber stamped, must they be too obvious

Do they have that right over the governor Yeye people

Killings happening here and there and all they cared about his fresh proclamation undecided

Fresh proclamation kee them there!!!

But Obaseki was praising the senators when the committee visited him at Edo Government house and and according to him he has so much trust in the senators unlike the HOR members that also earlier visited.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by onamch: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
The only visible work for this present senate is attending to the balls of the presidency. Suck the dirty shittt out.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by aolawale025: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
They don't have the power. Nigerian democracy is twisted
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by LibertyRep: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
This is getting messier.

Obaseki might eventually succumb to pressure from every quarters.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
Arabiandude:

But Obaseki was praising the senators when the committee visited him at Edo Government house and and according to him he has so much trust in the senators unlike the HOR members that also earlier visited.
Appraising their work does not mean they have the right to order him!!!

Correct me if I am wrong!!!

Anyways na Obaseki follow una dey shout!

I trust Wike
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by OVIHINNO(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
This is getting interesting. let equity reign
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by samlestic(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
It wont work! Go to court!!!
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Amuocha: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Useless directive
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders Obaseki To Issue Fresh Proclamation On Assembly by Arabiandude: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Appraising their work does not mean they have the right to order him!!!

Correct me if I am wrong!!!

Anyways na Obaseki follow una dey shout!

I trust Wike
Who is wike please? Over here we haven't heard such name before and dont ever want to hear such name.

What does the constitution of Nigeria says about the National Assembly through the House of Rep taken over state house of assemblies? If he refuses to issue a fresh proclamation the NA backed by the constitution will take over the reigns of Edo state HOA

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Make Themselves Ready For Mass Immigration.... / Who Will Win Bayelsa Polls? Possible Predictions / Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Announce The Death Of His Mother (video And Transcript)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.