Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari (27356 Views)

Peter Obi Returns From Egypt, Youths Take Selfie With Him At Abuja Airport / Youths Take Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign To Beer Parlour (Video) / EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Delightikechi(m): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari says he has no plan to groom a successor for the 2023 presidential election and accused Nigerian youths of taking things for granted.

The president stated this while reacting to one of the requests made by the members of progressives in academics, who visited him at the State House, Abuja on Tuesday.

The spokesperson for the group, Dr. Bolariwa Bolaji, had earlier urged the president to groom a successor, who will take over in 2023.
Bolaji said: “We are delighted having you and in another four years you would want to go and rest – then who takes over from you? We are suggesting that you bring vibrant youths among people who have shown interest, bring them in so that you start saddling them with responsibilities and you will be watching over these next four years so that when you want to leave the circle, you would have vibrant youths to hand over to.

“This is one of the ways the gains of this government can be made to be continues – so that there will be continuity in what you are doing.’’
However, President Buhari said he would rather stay away from identifying anybody as his successor so as not to create a problem for such a person.

The president said: “To me, this is very funny. I think if I identify anybody I’d create more problems for him or for her.

“So, I’d rather keep my mouth shut. Let those who would want to be president try as much as I did. And I believe that those who are interested know that I tried three times.

“And the first time, I thank God and technology, PVC. Before they just went on the television and they read the results. They said anybody who disagreed should go to court.

“And most of my supporters are looking for the next day’s meal. They don’t have money to give to lawyers. So I said, 'God dey'. So, the first time God and technology came along, PVC, they couldn’t rig the election, so I won."

The president added, "I tried to work hard but I think you have a lot more to do you as intellectuals so that you correctly document Nigeria’s political development. It’s very important for the next generation.

“A lot of our young chaps are taking things for granted. Imagine contesting election three times ending up in Supreme Court three times. It needs a lot of conviction you know, and hard work.

“But people take success for granted. They say, 'Ah, he’s the president'. They think I just closed my eyes and I got it?"

Read more: https://www.dib.com.ng/2019/07/nigerian-youths-take-things-for-granted-president-buhari.html

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Rapmoney(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2019
Clueless fellow!

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Optional09: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2019
This guy might be thinking he will never die, he doesn’t sound to be in touch with reality hence the arrogance in his leadership. Nigerians are quite unfortunate

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by juvewalex(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2019
Nigerian youths, we are the most peaceful and also coward ever seen. If we don't take things for granted , Nigeria as a nation would've long dead before now. So Mr. President ,you're amongst the beneficiaries as we take things for granted .

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by AstralBody: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2019
grin grin grin
Everytime I see Buharis face n watch him talk,i just feel like strangling him shocked shocked

208 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by gawu1: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Rapmoney:
Clueless fellow!
Where is cluelessness in what he said? In fact, it is your types he was referring to

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by loosecanon50(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
It is only things like RUGA and eCOWnomy that we take for granted. See e face, if you show am chocomilo now e go say na Maggi cube angry

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by blujoi(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2019
Yes you struggled to get it, now that you’ve got it, what has been the result of your presidency?

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Look at someone who took WAEC for granted as a youth!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by etebefia: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Yes they do, if not they would have ousted incompetent people like you.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by BabaIbo: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
This one mouth don start to dey run like tap wey no get lock again, which youths take things for granted?
No be wetin youth see/get dem go take for granted...

Nonsense and ingredient.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Kundagarten: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
Like unemployed Yusuf Buhari that crashed a #50mil okada.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by osuofia2(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
keep insulting the youths, no be your fault

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
Diarrhea of the mouth ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Hades2016(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
That is how wicked and dullard people think

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Lexusgs430: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
This man should know when to shut up......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by judecares1(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
what about your useless children Mr Integrity

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Jossyroyal1: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
undecided

Buhari is right...

Was it not obvious that this dullard is a tribal, religious bigot plus he's an unrepentant, blood thirsty military dictator??

But Nigerian youths, Zombies to be precised underestimated him took him and took him for granted...

Like the EGG, share for Bubu

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by donprinyo(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
To slap dis man de hungry.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Burger01(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Rapmoney:
Clueless fellow!

Like the clueless fellow said, It's better he keeps his mouth shut cheesy

Optional09:
This guy might be thinking he will never die, he doesn’t sound to be in touch with reality hence the arrogance in his leadership. Nigerians are quite unfortunate
Very unfortunate sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Deepfreezer(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
juvewalex:
Nigerian youths, we are the most peaceful and also coward ever seen. If we don't take things for granted , Nigeria as a nation would've long dead before now. So Mr. President ,you're amongst the beneficiaries as we take things for granted .
I swear just look at what youths are doing in Hong Kong. Nigerian youths don't have problems at all.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by abibun: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Bolaji said: “We are delighted having you and in another four years you would want to go and rest. He should continue after the expiration of his two tenures, nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by crownwealth: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Old RUGA mofo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by OBAUX01(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
H
Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
wicked old fool, terrorist angry sad

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Randy111(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
From Nigerian youths are lazy to Nigerian youths take things for granted. This president is so nostalgic. The thought of him as our president always make me want to throw up. Yeye fowl.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by abumeinben(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
IMAGINE... After calling them lazy. Now "for granted".

There are 2 classes of Nigerian youths - those that wake up before 6 am everyday to make ends meet and those that route cows around territories that do not belong to them.

So the old man is referirng to the second class.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Kundagarten: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
So, the first time God and technology came along, PVC, they couldn’t rig the election, so I won."
I thought those from the SW said he won because of Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by four4: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
F
Re: Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari by Tumbulum: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
The elder bro of Satan. Stuuuuupid terrorist Buhari

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Farouk Yahaya: El-Rufai Congratulates New Chief Of Army Staff / Adeleke, Diri 'buga Won' After PDP Governorship Primary In Yenagoa (video) / May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.