Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen (2803 Views)

Recommend Good Sunscreen Body Products Pls / Recommend A Good Sunscreen For The Nigerian Weather / Help On Sunscreen That Will Not Darken My Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by mitchyy(f): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2010
If you have ever been to the sunscreen aisle at your local drugstore, you know how overwhelming it can be: SPF this, UVA that and then throw in UVBs in the mix and the sunscreen confusion begins!
Choosing the Right SPF: In Sunscreen SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. The higher the SPF number, the better protection against the sun's harmful UVB rays. The SPF number lets you know how much longer you can stay out of the sun without burning. For example, if it takes 15 minutes for a person to burn, an SPF 15 will allow them to stay out in the sun 15 times longer without burning.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends wearing an SPF of 15 or higher for maximum protection. SPF is available in levels from 2 to 60. Does highest mean the best protection? Not necessarily. An SPF of 50 only provides 1 % to 2 % more protection than an SPF 30.
UVA and UVB Protection:The label of the sunscreen will indicate the UVA or UVB protection. UVA rays are responsible for the aging effect of the sun; however, overexposure to UVA rays can cause skin cancer. UVB rays are responsible for sunburns and skin cancer. Choose a product that states, "UVA/ UVB," protection or has "broad spectrum" protectant.

or the full info and other beauty tips, check it out on www.mitchbodyglow..com
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by iice(f): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
Thanks cheesy
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by mitchyy(f): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2010
U welcome!
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by WAVixen: 3:14am On Oct 18, 2010
quite helpful, 'll be home soon and want one. Not knowing which to buy has been driving me insane considering the tons of body lotion,cremes, potions being used abroad. do I leave them behind or find a sunscreen that can be incorporated?
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by mitchyy(f): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2010
Getting a sunscreen depends on your body type. They have various types for dry skin and oily skin. though there are some widely dermatologist recommended sunscreens
check my blog, i just updated some of these. you'll decide which of them you wanna go for.
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2010
which one can i use for a combination skin. thx
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by mitchyy(f): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
MD Skincare Auto-Balancing Moisture Sunscreen SPF 10.
Its a moisturizer that also includes SPF. What's special about this sunscreen is its ability to adjust the level of hydration on certain areas of ur skin, making it great for normal to oily or combination skin . The non-greasy formula also firms and tightens skin.

Jan Marini Skin Research Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 . Its a powerful sunscreen that provides all-day protection for your skin. It is also waterproof, sweatproof and it will never leave your face feeling oily.Since it has invisible microscopic sponges, it hydrates the skin as it absorbs grease, and it leaves ur skin with a beautiful matte finish now that' s pretty fantastic!
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by favouredjb(f): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2010
Thanks so much,was just thinkng of buying one
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by cori908: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
I always thought that choosing the right sunscreen is key, and the advice from black girl sunscreen customer service is a great example of what to look for. They emphasize the importance of considering SPF levels, water resistance, and skin sensitivity. It's also helpful to choose a sunscreen that suits your specific skin type and daily activities. Remember, regular application is necessary for effective protection.
Re: Abc On How To Pick A Sunscreen by uzomalahot: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2023

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Aunty Ayo Mogaji Wearing? / Stylish Security Guard Uniform Manufacturers / Photos-hushpuppi Dethroned As E-money Becomes New King Of Gucci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.