Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (123898 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ayomideowo: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Hi Nobody, please can you kindly tell me more about this process? I am taking the ICAN-CIMA conversion route and I want to know what documents to send to WES... like how did you fill out the evaluation request with WES? Thanks
Hello everyone. Just thought to put this out here. I obtained the CIMA certificate by taking only the last paper which is Strategic Case Study and claimed all other exemptions. WES report came out and it's equivalent to a bachelors 4 years degree.

Having gone through this thread and seeing comments like that route doesn't give a favorable evaluation isn't the case. So for clarity sake and those yet to start the process, if you are eligible for this route and can afford the money, why not try it out rather than writing BA 1-4 and save your time.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Carinaflo(f): 6:20am On Dec 19, 2020
Idemujoseph:
Good morning house!
Please, as a graduate of business administration, if I claim exemption for all the BA level(BA1,BA2,BA3 and BA4), without writing any other level exams, will WES give me a positive evaluation?
Please someone should help to clarification my doubt.

No. if you claim any exemption, WES will not give you a positive evaluation. Just ignore the exemptions and write all the BA level exams so you can get a positive evaluation from WES.

You can read the first two pages of this post. "Our senior colleagues" already explained it there.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by completed: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2020
This is not true. I have heard and seen people with exemption get positive evaluation. Maybe your claim is case by case basis.

Carinaflo:

No. if you claim any exemption, WES will not give you a positive evaluation. Just ignore the exemptions and write all the BA level exams so you can get a positive evaluation from WES.

You can read the first two pages of this post. "Our senior colleagues" already explained it there.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Idemujoseph: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2020
Carinaflo:

Alright thanks you so much for the clarification
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Carinaflo(f): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Carinaflo(f): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2020
completed:

This is not true. I have heard and seen people with exemption get positive evaluation. Maybe your claim is case by case basis.

I gave my reply based on the information I gathered from reading the first few pages of this post.
I believe the information should be authentic became the people that gave out the information had already passed through CIMA and came out with good verification from WES.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Oluwapomile1: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
Betterlife2018:
Hi everyone, I know this group is not for ACCA. I am actually losing patience with British council. ACCA F2 and F3 registration is now so difficult with BC. Please I need information if anyone is going through that process or know someone that just recently register for the exam. Please if u can refer me to any group to ask, kindly help.

Sent payment and registration form to BC for over 1 week and just got the response below:

Thanks for your mail.

Your email has been forwarded to my colleagues, however do note that we are yet to commence the ACCA on demand.

We are looking into commencing soon, the exact date and time is still unknown.

However, my colleague in charge of this will send you a mail as soon as this commences to notify you about the necessary information needed before the test.

This is really frustrating, they are not picking calls, took over 1 week to get the above response after sending payment. Please I need help

Hi. I don't know if you have sorted this but you may start asking for refund. There are other centres in Lagos where you could have written or even from home. I stay in PH and BC is the reason I haven't done ACCA till now... They are not open. And they are the only ones handling the exam here.

Ask for refund and write with other centres. If you are in Lag or Abj.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bokoarerams: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2021
Cima fees has been increased from 70-75 pounds
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by harveygordon: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2021
CoolAura:
My CIMA Story

I started reading about express entry last year after I met someone who had gotten his COPR and was leaving the next month. I had only a BSc. and he explained that I would need an additional certificate. He recommended NACETEM, but I started researching on my own and realised there were other options. CIMA and BCS seemed the shortest options at that time and I won’t have to worry about the Nigerian school system affecting it. I researched about both and promptly opted for CIMA(though the cost was going to be more) because that computer thing eh......naaaa.

While researching, I stumbled on this thread, thank you @Perra for starting it, it helped me know I wasn’t alone on this journey....and you had a science degree like me. @dexterousOne and @subalinga really gingered me with their progress reports.

With a BSc. in Medical Sciences(no accounting background), I knew it would involve a lot of work and reading but I said, shebi na book, we go read am(I never expected B2 wahala). I started scanning through the materials on Ashranti as recommended by people on the thread (easy to understand) but the notes were quite bulky!!! This was November 2019, with the plan to take at least 2 papers before 2020...but work and life didn’t give me time to read.

I officially started reading (Ashranti) in January 2020, registered on the site and paid for B1. Took and passed B1 in the last week of January. On to B2.....I wanted to take them in order even though I had read that B2 was the toughest!

That B2 eh.....I saw shege, B2 had its own special timeline o. Registered a little over 2 weeks later(Feb) and sat for the exam. Failed cry!!...91!! I encouraged myself to retake but the pain was much, time which wasn’t so available and money had been wasted. Paid for it again 2 weeks after, .....and failed again!... Though this time I scored better, 97! But still not up to 100(pass mark). At this point I decided to take a break and reconsider my decision, I knew I had understood the material better the 2nd time I wrote the exam(I’m sure i had read that Ashranti material front to back like 7 times!) than the 1st time I wrote it. I also wished I had someone to at least explain a few things to me, because that B2 was like German.

While on a break from the exam, Covid 19 happened, I had more time and CIMA announced that online exams will start in May, so I started studying. So in May, I registered for B2 again, took the exam at home and guess what? I FAILED AGAIN!! cry90 something. At this point, I couldn’t believe it anymore, I had studied for that exam more than needed and yet! If the scores were really low, I guess I may have felt better but 3 times I was short of between 3 to 9 marks! So I decided I was done ...no more waste of time and money. I stayed on that decision for some days till I couldn’t find the answer for my future self when I wonder why I gave up. I changed my mind and decided to write one last time. I remembered that in the last exam I didn’t know some answers because I had never seen them in the notes, and my science background cannot know accounting! Someone on the thread has said Kaplan materials were good, someone even posted a link to download sometime ago...I downloaded them. Oh boy!, I thought Ashranti materials were bulky....that Kaplan was a trailer load. I started reading Kaplan and I saw the answers to the questions I didn’t know in the previous exam. I read for about 2 weeks (day and night) and registered again. The last time I had booked my online exam for 10pm, this time I did 8am, I wanted everything fresh in my head...lol. This time God showed up for me...the dance no be small....107! Finally!!!! grin

B3 and B4 were the easiest for me and had the highest scores too (B3 especially). B3 in June and B4 in July. I had earlier evaluated my BSc. so I paid WES for another credential and sent CIMA an email to send transcripts and letter of good standing to WES. They responded 2 days later and sent to WES some days after. Evaluation was ready as one year college diploma 3/4 days after CIMA sent to them (I didn’t have to send certificate to WES, I believe the letter of good standing was what WES used)

This thread has been really helpful, thank you to everyone that answered questions or shared their progress, materials, how to fill WES form and all. God bless you.

I hope this encourages everyone especially those with no accounting background...It’s possible if you decide to get it done, and truth is, it may be way easier for you than it was for me!

May the rest of our journey be easy and smooth. And may the odds be in our favour.

Great. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Please can you share your study material? Kaplan to be precise
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by aykefavour: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Please,can I use NIM to score more points
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Orohelvis2: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2021
please who knows if cima has started issuing certificates. so we don't have to wait 6months for the letter of good standing
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Carinaflo(f): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2021
CoolAura:
My CIMA Story

I started reading about express entry last year after I met someone who had gotten his COPR and was leaving the next month. I had only a BSc. and he explained that I would need an additional certificate. He recommended NACETEM, but I started researching on my own and realised there were other options. CIMA and BCS seemed the shortest options at that time and I won’t have to worry about the Nigerian school system affecting it. I researched about both and promptly opted for CIMA(though the cost was going to be more) because that computer thing eh......naaaa.

While researching, I stumbled on this thread, thank you @Perra for starting it, it helped me know I wasn’t alone on this journey....and you had a science degree like me. @dexterousOne and @subalinga really gingered me with their progress reports.

With a BSc. in Medical Sciences(no accounting background), I knew it would involve a lot of work and reading but I said, shebi na book, we go read am(I never expected B2 wahala). I started scanning through the materials on Ashranti as recommended by people on the thread (easy to understand) but the notes were quite bulky!!! This was November 2019, with the plan to take at least 2 papers before 2020...but work and life didn’t give me time to read.

I officially started reading (Ashranti) in January 2020, registered on the site and paid for B1. Took and passed B1 in the last week of January. On to B2.....I wanted to take them in order even though I had read that B2 was the toughest!

That B2 eh.....I saw shege, B2 had its own special timeline o. Registered a little over 2 weeks later(Feb) and sat for the exam. Failed cry!!...91!! I encouraged myself to retake but the pain was much, time which wasn’t so available and money had been wasted. Paid for it again 2 weeks after, .....and failed again!... Though this time I scored better, 97! But still not up to 100(pass mark). At this point I decided to take a break and reconsider my decision, I knew I had understood the material better the 2nd time I wrote the exam(I’m sure i had read that Ashranti material front to back like 7 times!) than the 1st time I wrote it. I also wished I had someone to at least explain a few things to me, because that B2 was like German.

While on a break from the exam, Covid 19 happened, I had more time and CIMA announced that online exams will start in May, so I started studying. So in May, I registered for B2 again, took the exam at home and guess what? I FAILED AGAIN!! cry90 something. At this point, I couldn’t believe it anymore, I had studied for that exam more than needed and yet! If the scores were really low, I guess I may have felt better but 3 times I was short of between 3 to 9 marks! So I decided I was done ...no more waste of time and money. I stayed on that decision for some days till I couldn’t find the answer for my future self when I wonder why I gave up. I changed my mind and decided to write one last time. I remembered that in the last exam I didn’t know some answers because I had never seen them in the notes, and my science background cannot know accounting! Someone on the thread has said Kaplan materials were good, someone even posted a link to download sometime ago...I downloaded them. Oh boy!, I thought Ashranti materials were bulky....that Kaplan was a trailer load. I started reading Kaplan and I saw the answers to the questions I didn’t know in the previous exam. I read for about 2 weeks (day and night) and registered again. The last time I had booked my online exam for 10pm, this time I did 8am, I wanted everything fresh in my head...lol. This time God showed up for me...the dance no be small....107! Finally!!!! grin

B3 and B4 were the easiest for me and had the highest scores too (B3 especially). B3 in June and B4 in July. I had earlier evaluated my BSc. so I paid WES for another credential and sent CIMA an email to send transcripts and letter of good standing to WES. They responded 2 days later and sent to WES some days after. Evaluation was ready as one year college diploma 3/4 days after CIMA sent to them (I didn’t have to send certificate to WES, I believe the letter of good standing was what WES used)

This thread has been really helpful, thank you to everyone that answered questions or shared their progress, materials, how to fill WES form and all. God bless you.

I hope this encourages everyone especially those with no accounting background...It’s possible if you decide to get it done, and truth is, it may be way easier for you than it was for me!

May the rest of our journey be easy and smooth. And may the odds be in our favour.

Good day, please kindly reply your PM. I sent you a message
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Tospringe: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2021
DexterousOne:
UPDATE!

I am done with registration and payment

The materials from Astranti are dope

And I'm prepping for the exams

please use the materials on the site
They are good
Hello please I need to discuss something with you about CIMA. please can you flash me on this line;
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Tospringe: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2021
Perra:

Lucky you.
No i havent o. Not yet, i will be using/needing months to read and will be registering towards then.

Good luck and keep us posted
Please can you flash me on this line:
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by kaze4blues(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
Is there anyone currently preparing Cima? I'm looking at starting preparations too.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by kaze4blues(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
ayomideowo:
Hi Nobody, please can you kindly tell me more about this process? I am taking the ICAN-CIMA conversion route and I want to know what documents to send to WES... like how did you fill out the evaluation request with WES? Thanks

Whats your discipline? Can science graduates get the same exceptions?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by cana882(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Omotoyosi24:
Hi guys, I got a positive evaluation ����. Wes delivered 2 weeks before my estimated date. I guess they are now fast with their evaluation.

Happily moving on to the next stage of my PR process
Thanks to everyone that helped in this journey.

If you are just starting out, pls don’t get tired. I know how stressful it can be reading for an exam especially if u have a 9-5. Just keep pushing. you too shall overcome ✌�
Hi. Please can you share materials with me? I’ll send you a mail. Thanks.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by BennyLu: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hello Everyone,

new to this thread but I'm already excited. I have a degree in Accounting and over 5yrs experience, but no professional cert. I have been looking for a way to boost my CRS score and this thread has shown me some options.

I do have a question though. As an accounting graduate, I qualify for a lot of exemptions for the CIMA exams. But since the plan is to get a second certificate/diploma, I am considering writing the operational level papers(One level above the Certificate in Business Accounting), which result in a Diploma in Management Accounting.

Anyone here sent the Diploma to WES for evaluation?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Orohelvis2: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
hello please ill like to ask you some questions about the cima issue. please contact me on 08113184324
Omotoyosi24:

Please can you elaborate on this?. I also got some exemptions.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Aigbemare(f): 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
Please who has Kaplan practice questions for BA4??
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
CIMA has increased exam fee to £75 and that's about $101 which is higher than the atm card monthly limit... has any one tried paying for exams recently here? if yes, please how were you able to make the payment? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by khattab008: 8:29am On Jan 18, 2021
Eedrix:
CIMA has increased exam fee to £75 and that's about $101 which is higher than the atm card monthly limit... has any one tried paying for exams recently here? if yes, please how were you able to make the payment? Thanks in anticipation.

You can try a using virtual dollar card on Barter.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 18, 2021
How does that work please?
khattab008:

You can try a using virtual dollar card on Barter.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by khattab008: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Eedrix:
How does that work please?

You create an account with barter(https://barter.flutterwave.com/), afterwards you can create a virtual dollar card and fund it from your naira account.

You can then use the card to pay for services online.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Thanks... I've tried that option but flutterwave says the card only work on selected websites and when I checked the selected websites CIMA isn't part of it.
khattab008:

You create an account with barter(https://barter.flutterwave.com/), afterwards you can create a virtual dollar card and fund it from your naira account.

You can then use the card to pay for services online.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by CoolAura: 12:33am On Jan 19, 2021
I doubt I still have them. Someone shared the link for Kaplan materials earlier on this thread. If you check through this thread, you will find it. That's the link what I used

harveygordon:

Great. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Please can you share your study material? Kaplan to be precise
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by CoolAura: 12:36am On Jan 19, 2021
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to respond to PM's. Tried but it didn't work.

Carinaflo:

Good day, please kindly reply your PM. I sent you a message
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Vihkie: 4:39am On Jan 19, 2021
Anyone writing cima exams we can create a WhatsApp group to help eachother... Who's in??

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Carinaflo(f): 4:57am On Jan 19, 2021
CoolAura:
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to respond to PM's. Tried but it didn't work.

No worries, I have gotten the answers I was looking for.
Thanks for trying.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Junior2412: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello everyone

Please, can someone please help with the link to download the Kaplan materials?

Thank you very much.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Influential101: 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please I need urgent answer.. those that evaluated CIMA after writing the Strategic case study, did you wait to get membership before evaluating?

Getting membership seems to take weeks...
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Rhotel12: 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=Vihkie post=98208082]Anyone writing cima exams we can create a WhatsApp group to help eachother... Who's in?? [Hi Vickie, I’m just starting my journey as a CIMA student. I’d send you a pm]

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.