Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,697 members, 7,844,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion (784 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Obasanjo Is A Good Farmer But A Bad Economist - Sanusi / Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by AloyEmeka5: 1:59am On Oct 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Obasanjo hates Ibadan with passion–Oloko, ex-Akala aide [/size]

Friday, October 15, 2010
Alhaji Abass Oloko is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State and vice chairman of the state Muslim Pilgrim’s Welfare Board. He spoke to TOYESE OLADEJO on why ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo detests Ibadan and its people, Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala’s bid for second term, etc. Excerpts:

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/15/sun/obj[1].gif[/img]
Obasanjo

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/15/509.html

“Don’t let us deceive ourselves, Chief Olusegun Obadanjo detests Ibadan and its people. Unfortunately, the late Baba Adedibu did not realize this. Obasanjo did not want anything good for Ibadanland. He is always against us and I cannot blame our leaders in Ibadanland for standing up against this. They are leaders of men in their various professions. I stand with them. Obasanjo cannot come from Ogun State to impose himself on us.”

Akala’s administration

Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala is a nice man but unfortunately for him, he has lost touch with reality. He is so gullible that those who are not with us doing the struggle are the ones controlling him. They are those formerly in Alliance for Democracy (AD), and have no electoral value. During the last election, leaders like Senator Teslim Folarin, Chief Wole Oyelese, Alhaji Ayoade Adeseun, Chief Lekan Balogun and others contributed to the electoral success of the party. However, now they’ve been side tracked and sycomphants have taken over. I told the governor but he did not listen to me.

In Egbeda, Oyelese remains the leader in Lagelu, we have Balogun in Ibadan North. Who in Akala’s side can match the popularity of Ladoja, Alhaji Hazeem Gbolarunmi etc? You can see that Akala is playing with failure. He is destined to fail. Who are those that would win the state for him? Alhaji Yekeen Adeojo owns Ido and Oke Ogun areas.

One of his sycophants, even alleged that I was the one defacing his billboards and sent a text message to me. While they were defacing his billboards, I was in London. When I came back, I went to him and explained but he would not listen. He is highly flippant and insisted that I was the one who defaced the billboard. I can’t descend so low to engage in such act. The people would decide who would rule them.

Why should I deface his billboards?

Reconciling warring factions

Personally, I masterminded the coming into Akala’s fold of the duo of Chief Jacob Adetoto and Chief Adigun Irawo. I spoke with Sarafadeen Alli and others but you know those sycomphants won’t let him reason along. He listened to nobody except Rasaki Gbadegesin, his deputy chief of staff. Do you know that the former House of Assembly members who lost elections due to the Ibadan factor are neglected them till today?

On Ibadan elders

The elders of Ibadan are responsible leaders who are committed to good governance. They have nothing to gain in his government. What will Aaare Azeez Arisekola need from Akala? What does Chief Daisi need from him? Ambassador Saanu, Chief Omowale Kuye and others, what will they need from Akala? Bola Alphonso is only misleading him. Actually, Akala himself knows him well.

Lamidi Adedibu

Akala has learnt nothing from Adedibu. Adedibu would never joke with potential politicians who can deliver the good. He ought to have toletated leaders of the party. Can he do it all alone? Adedibu taught us good politics but it is quite unfortunate that Akala can’t do this.

Olubadan of Ibadan

The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade is not only a royal father, but a statesman. He is an enigma and leader of men. He is a politician, administrator, businessman and an embodiment of all that is good. For those in government to deride him, they are only exhibiting their uncultured background. This Olubadan is the best thing to happen to Ibadanland and Oyo State.

Way forward for Oyo PDP

The only way forward PDP to make any significant impact in the coming elections is to harmonize. Anything short of this would spell doom for the PDP.

IBB chances

We are going to win delegates from the state. They are not in good terms with the members of the House of Assembly. The court asked them to reinstate them but he has refused. They’ve been sent packing illegally again. Are they going to vote for Akala and Jonathan in Oyo Stae? If Baba Adedibu were to be alive, these would not have like this situation.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by AloyEmeka5: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2010
Lamidi Adedibu

Akala has learnt nothing from Adedibu. Adedibu would never joke with potential politicians who can deliver the good. He ought to have toletated leaders of the party. Can he do it all alone? Adedibu taught us good politics but it is quite unfortunate that Akala can’t do this.

People can be sycophants o. This dolt is still praising the dead Adolf Hitler of Ibadan. When will men be men once again and be able to stand tall for the truth?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by EzeUche0(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
Aloy+Emeka,

You are definitely a Yoruba. I do not know any Igbo who knows the intricacies of Yorubaland as well as you.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by AloyEmeka5: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2010
EzeUche0:

Aloy+Emeka,

You are definitely a Yoruba. I do not know any Igbo who knows the intricacies of Yorubaland as well as you.

Moot, next please.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by EzeUche0(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Moot, next please.

I'll be the one who says next. Understand?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by jason12345: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2010
EzeUche0:

Aloy+Emeka,

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by AloyEmeka5: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2010
EzeUche0:

I'll be the one who says next. Understand?

Don't ever mistake me for your Ileke-idi nla.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Don't ever mistake me for your Ileke-idi nla.
ode oshi.
Keep up wit your tribalistic threads. When you're ready to stop dying from bipolar disorder, see your dokita.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by AloyEmeka5: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ode oshi.
Keep up wit your tribalistic threads. When you're ready to stop dying from bipolar disorder, see your dokita.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by EzeUche0(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ode oshi.
grin

I am still waiting for your call.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2010
EzeUche0:

grin

I am still waiting for your call.

Ok, pick up. Your Nokia 3310 is ringing.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by Abeem(m): 5:42am On Oct 18, 2010
This is an indolent jornalistic work. I can't figure out in the interview why OBJ hates the Ibadan people. He merely uttered OBJ did not like them. Why? The interviewee did not like OBJ no doubt but what did he do to make you reach that conclusion. He wasn't the one who imposed Akala on the State it was their greedy Adedibu who used his connection with OBJ to crown Akala. None of the so called Ibadan people had the gut to challenge Adedibu for the imposition.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Tribalist Who Hates Ibadan And Its People With Passion by lovejo(m): 9:16am On Oct 18, 2010
@ILEKE-IDI.

Which part of Ekiti are u? and moreover which part of Ekiti is our new governor.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Gusau May Emerge Northern Consensus Candidate / Fashola Seeks Review Of Property Assessment Fees / Is Politics Really A Dirty Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.