Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC (18717 Views)

Hypertensive Man Dies As Bribe-Chasing Lastmamen Seize Vehicle / Fayemi: Online Campaign Poster Not Authorised By Me / Our Officers At Nunieh's Residence On Legitimate Duty, Say Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Islie: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
By Romoke W. Ahmad

The Federal Road Safety Corps says its officers are not authorised to seize vehicle documents.
It, however, noted that driver’s licence belongs to the Federal Government, warning that it has a legal power to retain driver’s licence of any erring motorist.

The FRSC RS8.17 Ilorin unit commander, Zakari Mohammed, said this yesterday at a stakeholders’ meeting. Presenting a paper, the FRSC’s legal officer, Kayode Ajibike, said officers have the legal power to toll vehicles of any erring driver, saying such vehicle would be handed over to the police.

“If you know you have not committed the offence which you are accused to have committed, you can challenge such road safety official,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/our-officers-not-authorised-to-seize-vehicle-documents-frsc.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by erifeoluwasimi(f): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
Do you educate this people about this things before you bring all these information you bring to the public. One of them siezed some documents recently

48 Likes

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Nbote(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
So d ones dat seize and impound vehicles are from d pit of hell abi... Dats how all these agencies will b setting Nigerians up. Well as for me I stopped going out with my original drivers license since time immemorial.. If U don't have a problem with seeing a photocopy of my vehicle papers, den U shld comfortably accept a photocopy of my license and if U decide to seize it, I'll leave it with U... Simple ... I cannot spend over 20k in getting a driver's license and U'll seize it and tell me it's ur property becos I didn't wear d seatbelt in my car, my own car ooo

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Teewhy2: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
“If you know you have not committed the offence which you are accused to have committed, you can challenge such road safety official,”

They will not accept to be wrong but will find one fault or the other.
it is either your tyre or fire extinguisher has expired or your light has a crack or something you don't remember to check.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Sirpaul(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
Life is like a puzzle. Never waste time trying to place people where they don't fit.
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by banio: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
FRSC officers seize only naira not documents

5 Likes

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by dannzy30(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
OK NEXT
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Olukologia24592(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2019
Not even authorized to check sef. Your job is to check car for things to make journey safe. Leave documents checking for Vehicle Inspector Officers.

5 Likes

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Malamissah(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nbote:
So d ones dat seize and impound vehicles are from d pit of hell abi... Dats how all these agencies will b setting Nigerians up. Well as for me I stopped going out with my original drivers license since time immemorial.. If U don't have a problem with seeing a photocopy of my vehicle papers, den U shld comfortably accept a photocopy of my license and if U decide to seize it, I'll leave it with U... Simple

Omo e b like say na ur footstep me sef go follow o

3 Likes

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by ejimatic: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/our-officers-not-authorised-to-seize-vehicle-documents-frsc.html

. But they are authorised to collect #200 on the high way as they are doing now across Nigeria? FRSC is a corrupt agency.

1 Like

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by merits(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
You say.
Say again?
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by GOFRONT(m): 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
What has NwaAmaikpe to say on this??

1 Like

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by olajide8(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by MadeInTokyo: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
VIO and Police should also take note
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Neddyogu(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
ejimatic:
. But they are authorised to collect #200 on the high way as they are doing now across Nigeria? NYSC is a corrupt agency.

NYSC?
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by enemyofprogress: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
This one na only for mouth
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by ejimatic: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
Neddyogu:

NYSC?
FRSC. I am sorry for the mix up engendered by the spelling mistake..

1 Like

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by Neddyogu(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
ejimatic:
FRSC. I am sorry for the mix up engendered by the spelling mistake..

Ok.
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by enemyofprogress: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
GistkitNG:
This country is turning to something else.

These people should just step out and see what their officers have been doing to people out there... sad

Thats how dey told us that the Bullets Fired On El-Zakzaky In 2015 Still In His Body – Falana

Nigeria my country
o
did you say turning? It has already turned up, na to blow na him remain

2 Likes

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by CarGuideNG: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by blackboy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
After pay close to N7k for my license they are now saying it is property of the FG. With my name and details on it? I think the FRSC owes me cash back

1 Like

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by leofab(f): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
Any how government... I wonder when we will ever be organized..
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by armadeo(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Lol.

For the gram.

But in reality.........

Park ...I said park.....
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by lukmandwise(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
All dis one Na story.
Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by KvngEric: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Once i see road safety, i press the gas pedal then i swerve left and right until i either hit one officer or i escape them.
Never gonna stop for road safety officers, they must find fault.
I put my safety in the hands of God.
#FucķRoadSafety

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC by josite: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
And one idiotic frscman asked me to hand over my phone cuz I'm having fun filming everything while in the passenger's seat by the driver and I told him my phone is outside his power to demand for. He chilled.

T

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Releases Guidelines For 2023 Elections / Defection: Lai Mohammed Thanks Kwara APC For Loyalty To Buhari / Kidnappings: Are Praying For You - Pastor Adeboye To Gov. El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.