Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Java Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Help (1993 Views)

C Or Java Help Needed! / Java: Help! / Head First Java - Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Help by youngestpr(m): 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2010
I got the program on conversion of Word document to Pdf from the internet, but i could not
run successfully on my system. I guessed it is because of some import commands like

import com.bcl.easypdf.*;
import com.bcl.easypdf.EasyPDFPrinter.*;
import java.io.File;
Hw do i get the library into my directory. New to this, pls help??
Re: Java Help by NumberOne2(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2010
Use corel draw 11 and above. You can convert documents to PDF with it.
Re: Java Help by xtraodinaire: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
hey youngsterpr, u need to download the jar file from where u got the code from. since u using an api, den u need to get the jar file and add it to ur classpath before u run or just decompile the jarfile and leave the "com" folder in your workin directory,

Hope u understand,
Re: Java Help by youngestpr(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2010
Hi, thanks for the reply, sincerely, i dont understand as i am new to java sort of how do i locate my classpath. can i still run the program with textpad or i will need to use the netbeans.
Re: Java Help by naijaswag1: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2010
Go to your view systems information on windows straight to advanced and set environmental variables and you will see the classpaths.then you add the jar file location C:\-------\yourjarfile.jar;Restart your system.Since you are new to java,I will advice that you run your programs with the textpad on the CLI so that you can become acquinted with the whole thing before resorting to ide's.
Re: Java Help by gozzilla(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
First this is the site for the library. http://www.bcltechnologies.com/ . You can also download the sdk from the same site. The current version as stated in the site is 6.2 and it is not free. If you require a free library you can check out itext. Though itext is not easy learning, but you can expect that from a complete pdf library. There is also a pdf library in the apache collection. I have not used that so I can not comment on that.

Back to your easypdf library, you can take the downloaded library and unzip it to any directory of your choice. If you are using an IDE (eclipse or Netbeans) simply edit your build path. Add the pdf  library to your build path. If you are running your program from the command line, you will need to add this library to your classpath (The same way you added the java/bin i.e javac, java e.t.c) to your classpath. Alternatively you can add the library as an option when you compile and when you run the program. You will need to google this online or someone can help with the exact command.

yourprompt> javac YourProgram.java -classpath "path-to-the-library.libraryname.jar" .

As an example assume you had unzipped the library to C:/lib and the jar file is easypdf.jar, then you will type the command as below.

yourprompt> javac YourProgram.java -cp "C:/lib/easypdf.jar"

(1) (Reply)

Licensing Software Engineers Such As Doctors, Layers And Nurses Are Licensed / I Built An Application That Allows You Marry Your Celebrity Crush Online / Nairaland Should Have Data Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.