Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (260105 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
@ annunaki2

the key to soul traveling is the spiritual exercises of ECK. you can find lots of them in the book, The Spiritual Exercises of ECK.

the most basic one you can start with is singing the love song to God, HU.

from the eckankar web site:

"To do the exercise, first get comfortable. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Next, gently put your attention on your inner visual screen, where daydreams and images come to you.

With your eyes closed, sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) as a song of love. You may notice a feeling of peace, warmth, and comfort. You may also recognize the presence of the Divine through greater spiritual insights into your daily life. There are many ways to experience the love of God.

When you sing HU and sit in quiet contemplation, you might also perceive the inner Light and Sound. The Light may appear as brightness or colors on your inner visual screen. The Sound may be musical or the sounds of nature, such as the wind or the ocean. However you experience the presence of God, it is bringing you a broader understanding of the life you lead."

singing the HU will also open your spiritual eyes and open the door of soul through which you can travel into the inner worlds and the experience them for yourself.
i am not asking you to do what people has not done before in fact thousands of people are doing it and proving to themselves here and now the reality of the inner worlds. you do not need to die before you experience Heaven. remember the kingdom of heaven is here and now.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
@ damesilver

Mr. Ben. Well done sir. I would like to know what Eckankar teaches on meat diet, vegetarian diet, killing of animals, occult training, alcohol, etc, and their spiritual consequences.

for diet whether meat or vegetarian is left at the discretion of the individual according what the individual's body accepts healthwise.

for killing of animals you have to expatiate further. do you mean killing for sports or killing for food.

for occult training, it is capital no go area. you do not need occult training to grow spiritually. it is actually a hindrance on soul's journey home to God.
for alcohol, ECKist are discouraged from taking alcohol as it dulls the senses and creates a negative spiritual cloud over the individual.

I think we discussed, sometimes ago, the teachings of the grail message and you promised to reexamine the work and make an objective review of it. Could you please share with us here what your thoughts are and the spiritual findings you make of it. Thank you.

i actually started but i ran out of time as i am very busy. it is a major project i will still undertake at a later date. i may even have to open a new thread for it.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by annunaki2(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
benodic:

@ annunaki2

the key to soul traveling is the spiritual exercises of ECK. you can find lots of them in the book, The Spiritual Exercises of ECK.

the most basic one you can start with is singing the love song to God, HU.

from the eckankar web site:

"To do the exercise, first get comfortable. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Next, gently put your attention on your inner visual screen, where daydreams and images come to you.

With your eyes closed, sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) as a song of love. You may notice a feeling of peace, warmth, and comfort. You may also recognize the presence of the Divine through greater spiritual insights into your daily life. There are many ways to experience the love of God.

When you sing HU and sit in quiet contemplation, you might also perceive the inner Light and Sound. The Light may appear as brightness or colors on your inner visual screen. The Sound may be musical or the sounds of nature, such as the wind or the ocean. However you experience the presence of God, it is bringing you a broader understanding of the life you lead."

singing the HU will also open your spiritual eyes and open the door of soul through which you can travel into the inner worlds and the experience them for yourself.
i am not asking you to do what people has not done before in fact thousands of people are doing it and proving to themselves here and now the reality of the inner worlds. you do not need to die before you experience Heaven. remember the kingdom of heaven is here and now.

Thanx for the response. smiley
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by damesilver(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
benodic:

@ damesilver

for diet whether meat or vegetarian is left at the discretion of the individual according what the individual's body accepts healthwise.

for killing of animals you have to expatiate further. do you mean killing for sports or killing for food.

for occult training, it is capital no go area. you do not need occult training to grow spiritually. it is actually a hindrance on soul's journey home to God.
for alcohol, ECKist are discouraged from taking alcohol as it dulls the senses and creates a negative spiritual cloud over the individual.

i actually started but i ran out of time as i am very busy. it is a major project i will still undertake at a later date. i may even have to open a new thread for it.

OK thank you very much sir. Please, do open the new thread.

As for the meat diet, I mean the raising and killing of animals for human consumption. Some religions are proponent or say advocate of vegetarian diet due largely to the benefits it has on the human body; attributing that the livestock products we consume are the major causes of global warming, rising sea levels, green house emission, breast cancer, colon cancer, obesity, aggravation of the sexual desires, etc etc. And also incurring more karma.

What is your take on this?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
@ damesilver

there is no karma incurred in raising and killing animals for food. and there is nothing wrong with eating meat.

the souls that inhabit the body of animals know their place in the evolutionary scale and fully understand that it is part of their contribution to the continuity of physical life.
the negative aspect of it is over indulgence in food which we call lust. this is what causes negative karma and brings disease to the human body. moderation is the key. take the amount needed for the survival of your physical body and don't over indulge.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
Spirit acts in a way that is for the good of the whole, sometimes bringing a healing of the emotions or the mind instead of the body, because that is in the best interests of that particular Soul’s unfoldment.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
Truth brings divine love. The reason for war, theft, lies, and other natural traits of humans is that no religion can drive love into anyone’s heart. When God’s love enters the heart, only then can a change for the better occur. —Harold Klemp The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Becoming a conscious vehicle for God requires that you become the very best you can possibly be, no matter what you choose to do.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
If we want to keep the blessings of life coming to us, we must learn to be grateful for whatever is given.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:19am On Aug 23, 2016
A Co-worker with God is someone who has learned self-discipline in spiritual things.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
Most of the nonessentials of divine wisdom were invented or were openly promoted when Truth was forced to go underground due to persecution by the Church and state. These two groups did not wish for men to learn lest they observe ways and means of bettering their downtrodden condition and try to overthrow the established orders. The saviours did not have the worldwide means of instantaneous communication which we have today, and could not reach enough people to make their teachings effective enough to have lasting strength except for a few, like Christ and Buddha. So what we got as holy scriptures was little more than a pale reflection of truth. In many cases, it makes me wonder what is actually hidden in the hearts of many who know, but who will not tell the truth to the masses of people. It has been every man for himself, and much truth had been hidden behind symbolism in the writings of the Magi and wise men of the ages. A lot of guesswork by self-styled savants has been born and written for the public. Students of truth have been compelled to seek truth the best way possible, through records left, through researching among those living who have claimed to know and whose words have had to be tested. A lot of unsound guesswork has been made. Today all seekers have inherited the job of sifting out the useless and trying to rediscover what has been hidden or lost. It is a gargantuan task, and there are few authentic teachers and centers among the thousands of utterly useless promulgators of shallow doctrine.
. The experiences of the seekers lead them into realizing that something is beyond the sweetness and light of the leaders they may have been following. Mainly, this comes about for the simple reason that what they have been hearing and reading did not have agreement. Contradictions started them looking deeper into the subject and into their own experiences to find truth.Many learned that they couldn't share their newly hard-won knowledge because of the possible dangerous aspects of spreading truth.
. Once the individual becomes emancipated from the convention of society he can easily become a criminal in the eyes of that society. Few really want change, peculiar enough. Few understand that truth reveals itself only to those who seek it and love it. The whole purpose of spiritual training is, therefore, the absolute union with the Divine Self.
. Buddha said, "The summit of Reality can only be realized within oneself." The principal source of human life comes from within and from the depth of the Soul. The jewels of the ECK wisdom are seldom strewn along the highway for people, but are left to the individual to find and know. The masses are never lifted to the position of understanding, nor have the religionists ever wanted them to be. It would mean lost trade for the pseudo mystics.
. Yet many true seekers have found something. Hazrat Inayat Khan gave me a clue in his writings, "He who depends on his eyes for sight and, his ears for hearing and his mouth for speech, is still dead.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God

2 Likes

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Until one finds the way to love, to truly love, he will never understand the Spirit of Life.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
Divine Spirit opens up new opportunities, but we must take them. We must make our own choices with the best information at hand.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
Begin with the love you have. Love gratefully. This love expands your heart into a greater vessel which can hold yet more love.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
The principles of the spiritual life are embodied in everything that we do. If we think they are not there, it is simply because we can’t see them or recognize them.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2016
Love tries to find a harmonious way to resolve each situation.
—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2016
A joke in Reader's Digest illustrates the road to self-knowledge and truth:
. During an interview, a reporter asked a bank president for the secret of his success.
"Two words."
"And what are they?
"Right decisions."
"How are right decisions made?
"One word."
"What is that?"
"Experience."
"How do you get experience?"
"Two words."
"What are they?"
"Wrong decisions."
. In ECK, the course is a straight one, with definite guidelines. These include the Master, the Sound Current (Holy Spirit), and the Spiritual Exercises of ECK. They are key to entering the high worlds of God. Critics may try to discredit our path, but time and experience shall teach them better too.

Wisdom of the Heart Book 3
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Is having more than one wive or sexual partner a bad thing in eckankar

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:40am On Aug 30, 2016
@ akindlesfarm

In life there is nothing like bad thing or good thing. What we have is freedom and responsibility. You have the freedom to live your life anyway you deem fit and of course you also have to accept total responsibility for whatever comes from your decisions. the experiences you have from your choices are always the best teacher.

Each individual needs on the spiritual path is unique and different. In other words where one individual may need the experience that comes from marrying 2 wives, it may be a deterrent to another individual.

So the key in knowing what is good for you spiritually is being linked up with the Holy Spirit which we know as ECK in ECKANKAR. The Holy Spirit which is the voice of God will guide you in all your dealings in life.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Where is the nearest eckankar temple to Surulere Lagos I'll love to visit
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
@ akindlesfarm
2 Martins street surulere by Ojuelegba

The centre opens from 10am to 7pm from Mon to Fri.
Sundays , ECK worship service from 9am to 10am.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Do eckist believe in heaven and hell, do you also see God as a personal being having the image of man if not pls can you tell me how you see God and the place where people go after they complete there cycle of reincarnation.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by oaroloye(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
SHALOM!

benodic:

The purpose of Eckankar is to make God an everyday reality in your life.

As Soul, you have the God-knowledge within you. The teachings of ECK will awaken the knowledge and love for the divine things that are already in your heart.

The road to God is the adventure of a lifetime.

ECKANKAR is a rip-off of SCIENTOLOGY, of which PAUL TWITCHELL was a founding member.

He was reputedly the 6th person to be CLEARED.

When you don't know anything about spirituality to begin with, Oyinbos can bobo you, and claim they are this, and they are that.

A Medical Student friend of mine used to discuss Spiritual Stuff with me- then go off and smoke weed, booze, and Bleep around- undoing all my hard work.

Finally, he got around to reading ECKANKAR literature- then he came to me, and said:

"It seems to me that this L. Ron Hubbard ripped off Paul Twitchell!"

I could not believe what I was hearing.

"I already told you before," I pointed out, "that it was the other way around!"

My friend was jolted!

"Yeahhh, right," he agreed. "I fogot about that!"

SCIENTOLOGY is extremely sophisticated.

You can get results off of its merest crumbs.

However, if you do not do the processes properly, it will catch up to you, at some point!

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
@ akindlesfarm

Heaven and hell are not geographic locations. They are states of consciousness. A consciousness that is filled with negativity, hatred, anger, lust etc is already in hell. Even if you place such a person in a heavenly location , he will turn it into an abode of negativity and retrogression because that is what his consciousness is attuned to, likewise a consciousness that is filled with love, contentment, gratitude etc, is already in heaven. Heaven and hell is here and now. Where your consciousness is focused on, that is where you will gravitate to.

God is the Almighty spirit that dwells in the ocean of love and mercy, and from God issues forth its word which is the Holy Spirit which we know as the ECK. the holy spirit is the medium that teaches you everything you need to know about God.The Holy Spirit is the essence of God and can be seen as light and heard as a sound which comes in different forms. We experience this light and sound of God through the spiritual exercises of ECK . this experience fills you with divine love making you more Godlike .

We are souls created in the image and likeness of God. Soul is not the physical body but rather wears the physical body like a cloth in order to experience life on earth.
The reason we are on earth is to learn how to give and receive divine love which then enables us to become spiritually matured.
A soul that has finished its lessons and has become spiritually matured can choose to remain in the pure spiritual plane or it can decide to still come back to the lower universes to help other souls to grow. These matured souls become spiritual masters and teachers.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
Why do eckist believe in reincarnation, as they say remarkable claim demands remarkable proof pls can you proof that to me and can I call myself a god or is god seen as jealous and emotional as the Jewish god is?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
@ akindlesfarm

Why do eckist believe in reincarnation, as they say remarkable claim demands remarkable proof pls can you proof that to me and can I call myself a god or is god seen as jealous and emotional as the Jewish god is?

I can not prove the reality of Reincarnation to you, you have to prove it for yourself. i can only give you the tools to do the proving for yourself. once you have the experience, your experience becomes your authority, you do not need a book to prove spiritual truths for youself, you need only yourself. the question is are you ready to undertake the spiritual disciplines needed to undertake spiritual research? realizing spiritual truths is not for the lazy and weak minded. it is for the bold and courageous.
For me i know that reincarnation is real. but my experiences are my own authority.

Soul is not God, but is created in the image and likeness of God having all the qualities of God. when soul can realize the truth of what It is and fully expresses the divinity contained within it, It becomes God-realized and God-like.

the supreme Deity who we know as the Sugmad is not a jealous or emotional God. it qualities are Divine Love, Wisdom and Freedom. but within the universes that it created as schools for souls, there is a hierarchy of lower deities that govern these lower worlds. and part of their job is to give the impression that they are the ultimate God thereby keeping the unwary souls from advancing further than their domain.
one of them is the jewish god you depicted who governs from the astral plane. this plane is the seat of emotions and we also know it as the emotional plane hence it does not come as a surprise to us that the god is expressing emotions of jealousy and others as we know the plane It is operating from . only more advanced souls can see through the facade of this god and realize that there are still more higher planes above Its domain and continue their spiritual journey back to God.

these are spiritual truths that can be verified through soul travel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Am really greatful for your continuous reply but I'll to know more, I'll love to know how to know my previous incarnation, I'll love to soul travel I'll love to have this things myself and belief in the truth and help others before then can I say everything is god and god is everything or God is that person that sit on the thrown
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
@ akindlesfarm

From God issued forth It's word, the Holy Spirit, the creative essence of God. From the Word, issued forth all life. In It we live, move and have our being. We are fashioned out from the fabric of the ECK, The Holy Spirit. Through the avenue of the Holy Spirit, God is in touch with all life and all life is in touch with God.

Like I said earlier, the universes of God is governed by a hierarchy of lesser gods. Some of them like sitting on a throne. Some souls who encounter these lesser gods erroneously think they are the supreme God when in fact they are just gate keepers and care takers.

The supreme deity, has no form, does not sit on a throne and really does not care if you worship It or not. All it cares for is for soul to grow to full maturity and come back home. There are really no words to describe the pure spiritual planes.
Those who experience it have no human vocabulary to explain what they saw. They can only encourage you to have your own experience.

To learn soul travel and to have experiences of your past incarnations, the key is the spiritual exercises of ECK. the basic being the singing of the word HU,with love in your heart. This exercise done diligently for at least 20 minutes daily will raise your vibration and open your spiritual eyes which will enable you to have a peep into the heavenly worlds.

It is an experience worth having because it will change your life.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Thanks so much I'll love to have such experience
Pls relate the 16 truth of IFA to eckankar
1. This is a benevolent Universe
2. You need have no fear
3. There is a single Creative Force ( God )
4. There is no Devil
5. It is your birthright to be joyful, successful and loved
6. Heaven is “home” and Earth “the marketplace.” We are in constant passage between the two
7. You are part of the Universe in a literal, not figurative way
8. Character determines outcome
9. Supremacy is evil
10. You must never initiate harm to another human being
11. You must never harm the Universe of which you are a part
12. There can be no discrimination
13. Diversity is the hallmark of the Oludumare’s ( God’s) creation
14. You select your Destiny and Guardian Orisa
15. Divination provides the road map to your Destiny
16. Balance, growth and wisdom are your goals.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
@ akindlesfarm

Thanks so much I'll love to have such experience
Pls relate the 16 truth of IFA to eckankar

1. This is a benevolent Universe
2. You need have no fear
3. There is a single Creative Force ( God )

There is a single creative force we call the Sugmad and indeed soul has nothing to fear because It exist because of God's love for it.

4. There is no Devil

In order for souls to achieve spiritual maturity , the Sugmad created the lower universes which are worlds of duality. Good and bad , beauty and ugliness, light and darkness. In other for soul to appreciate good it has to experience the bad. The Devil represents the negative part of the lower worlds of duality. The devil indeed is the headmaster, administering trials and temptations to souls. Only souls that passes the exams set by the devil who we know as Kal, can pass into the pure spiritual heavens

5. It is your birthright to be joyful, successful and loved
6. Heaven is “home” and Earth “the marketplace.” We are in constant passage between the two
7. You are part of the Universe in a literal, not figurative way

It is souls birthright to inherit all that the Sugmad Is: Love, wisdom, freedom etc
Soul is a citizen of heaven and earth is a school where soul comes over numerous incarnations to Learn and to grow. The universe is the expression of God's love
and within this love we live, move and have our being. We are part of the universe and the universe is part of us.

8. Character determines outcome

and experience remodels and strengthens character.

9. Supremacy is evil
10. You must never initiate harm to another human being
11. You must never harm the Universe of which you are a part

Evil is any thought, word or action that steers soul away from God or shuts the heart of the individual from receiving and giving out God's love.
Any action that brings harm to another human being or the universe is returned to the perpetrator in equal measure.

12. There can be no discrimination
13. Diversity is the hallmark of the Oludumare’s ( God’s) creation

Every soul created by God is unique . no two souls are alike, such is the diversity of creation. Though all souls are equal in the eyes of God, none is higher or lower than the other and none is more favoured . we are all equally loved and favoured by God.

14. You select your Destiny and Guardian Orisa
15. Divination provides the road map to your Destiny
16. Balance, growth and wisdom are your goals.

Your destiny is created by your choices made in previous lifetimes. Spiritual exercises can help you to first know your destiny and secondly alter it if necessary. The ultimate goal of soul is attaining spiritual maturity which culminates in God-realization and becoming a coworker with God.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by akindlesfarm: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Well there is no devil in IFA, as it is believed that no one can rival god , do you think the devil want to win the soul of men or is just an energy that turns man to do evil , face the consequences and then grow by so doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (169) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.