Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" (26918 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF / Tope Akinyode: Arrest Oshiomhole For Treasonable Comment - Lawyer To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by fergie001: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2019
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, has raised concerns about a planned ‘revolution’ march against the Nigerian government by the Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria, calling it a ‘treasonable felony’ and warning that acts of terrorism would not be tolerated.

Adamu, who gave the warning in Abuja, said that the Nigeria Police Force would “not stand idly-by and watch any individual or group” cause anarchy in the country.

The IGP, while stressing that Nigerians have the right to protest, however warned that such rights should not translate to a violent and forceful change of government which, he said, would amount to a “clear revolution.”

In a statement signed by Force public relations officer Frank Mba, IGP Adamu says:

"The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to a video circulating on the social media by the ‘Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria and others’, inciting Nigerians, home and abroad, to join a planned ‘revolution’ march against the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Monday, 5th August, 2019 with the sole aim of forcing a regime change in the country.

“The Force wishes to state unequivocally that the call amounts to treasonable felony and acts of terrorism and will, therefore, not stand idly-by and watch any individual or group in the society cause anarchy in the land. While acknowledging the rights of Nigerians to embark on protest, the Force wishes to note that such rights should not translate to a violent and forceful change of government which clearly is the meaning of ‘revolution’. Needless to state that Nigeria is a democratic republic and has well-defined processes for change of government, exercised periodically during various cycle of elections.

“The Force therefore warns the organizers, sponsors, allies, supporters, associates and sympathizers of the group ‘Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria’ to, in their own interest, steer clear of any such planned protest, demonstration, acts of incitement and proposed “revolution”, as the full wrath of the law will be brought to bear on any individual or group engaged or found participating in the above planned criminal act.

“Parents and Guardians are, therefore, enjoined to impress on their children and wards not to allow themselves to be used in whatever form by any person or group of persons to cause breach of law and order in the country. The Police will work with other Law Enforcement Agencies and positive minded Nigerians to protect, defend and secure our public peace and space.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/police-ig-warns-against-revolution-march-calls-it-treasonable-felony/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Apelex(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
What have they done about Boko Haram
About the Armed bandits killing people like Water yam.
What have they done about the herdsmen causing terror??

It is only when harmless and unarmed citizens they can show force?

Where armed robbery dey. Them go take off.

Useless police force.
Useless President.
Useless set of rubber stamp NASS.
Useless ministers that's will only go and thief for their families to enjoy.
Useless citizens killing thiefs on the road and worshipping the real thief's which are politicians.

Please who does Canadian Visa. Abeg I Don tire abeg
.even if may VISA lottery sef I go play.

I weep for Nigeria

223 Likes 20 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by MikeBetty(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hahahahaha, Eedris Abdulkareem, Give Your Own Press Release To Your Followers As Sowero Is Behind Bar, Abi U Go Emulate 2face To Chicken Out? Not About Smoking Igbo To Blast Charley Boy, Or Some Groups To Insult Kalu. This Is Egwu Onye Kara Obi.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Bethel80: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2019
How did you manage to post? Anytime I want to post it tells me server overwhelmed. Since morning. Any help?
Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by orion7: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
I pity for this nation .

nigeria is a mess simply because of youruba Muslims.

if not for those knuckle heads the South will band together.
who born this useless quota system aboki police man. rubbish.

yinka odumakin. obadanjo. fayose. fasoranti. And so many yourba Christians 're on one side.

on the other side 're the Muslims led by bourdillon Capone. aregbesola. mc oluomo. liar muhammed. etc

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by EricBloodAxe: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
Buhari is here to oppress and suppress the citizens of this country. If you think he gives or ever gave a fvck about you the citizens then i guess recent events have exposed such tomfoolery. The police will come out with AK 47s and kill as much people as possible who dare to flaunt this directive. Hope Nigerians can now see the difference between the devil and the deep blue sea.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by dokie: 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
Buhari is here to oppress and suppress the citizens of this country. If you think he gives or ever gave a fvck about you the citizens then i guess recent events have exposed such tomfoolery. The police will come out with AK 47s and kill as much people as possible who dare to flaunt this directive. Hope Nigerians can now see the difference between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Do you expect him to do nothing when the protesters say they want to force a regime change? You can't force a regime change in a democracy.

16 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Niaja4real(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
Go and add some weight my friend.
You're losing weight, it shows u are working

7 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by LoveJesus87(m): 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2019
sad
Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
Bolustical:
Would Sowore have called for a Revolution if he had won the election?

If Sowore or any other person had won fair and square, it would have been a fresh opportunity to be hopeful, at least it won't be rigging to re-inforce failure.

I have made up my mind to protest for my children and grand children... your wealth may keep you comfortable, but only a working system would keep your generation comfortable.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by godwinkessi: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
I’m just laughing at this people. The protest must hold. We are fully fully ready even for the outcome. If u support me click like

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by obi4eze(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by BroadStreetBull(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
Calling for a revolution is different to calling for a protest.

Sowore called for a revolution, no reasonable government would sit by and watch someone call for a revolution.

As usual those who are condemning these are the 5 percenters and the wailing wailers who are still awaiting the coming of Atiku like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

That's the reason I love the Arabs like in Tunisia, Syria and Algeria. Immediately after the arrest of Sowore thousands of them would have occupied the streets of Abuja already.

But what do we have here in Naija?

Revolutionaries who are cocked locked and ready.
Fully strapped, ready to throw stones and shoot bullets from Nairaland and Twitter.

Even to carry ordinary placard sef, they would do it on the internet.

Yeye.

A lot of people here do not even know what a revolution is!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Bolustical: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2019

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by TundeCole(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Timinho23: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Gbam!
Nigerians never learn.. Yes, its treason now, What is it before? All those Buhari would show pepper are those that brought him in directly or indirectly. Sowore brought him in, El-zakazy is pro-buhari and even Mama Ezekwezili. they never see something

10 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Biritiko: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
orion7:
I pity for this nation .

if not for those knuckle heads the South will babd together.
who born this useless quote system aboki police man. rubbish.

yinka odumakin. obadanjo. fayose. fasoranti. And so many yourba Christians 're on one side.

on the other side 're the Muslims led by bourdillon Capone. aregbesola. mc oluomo. liar muhammed. etc
In case you don't know the location of the Lagos DSS office, its right beside CMD along CMD road, Magodo, shangisha.

If dem born your papa and mama well, go there and protest.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
OK, you are just saying what will please your master. Buhari and his entire generation with those supporting him will never have peace in their lives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by 1x2x3: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
IGP and Nigerian Govt una go kill tire oooo. Enough is Enough.
Una go really kill tire oo until citizen pick up arms and fight back then you will realise you are nothing more than ordinary citizen.

9 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by brushesz: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
MikeBetty:
Hahahahaha, Eedris Abdulkareem, Give Your Own Press Release To Your Followers As Sowero Is Behind Bar, Abi U Go Emulate 2face To Chicken Out? Not About Smoking Igbo To Blast Charley Boy, Or Some Groups To Insult Kalu. This Is Egwu Onye Kara Obi.

Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Youngzedd(m): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
LOL, it's either the IGP didn't see the video himself or he has a problem with comprehension.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by InaNla(f): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Eleribu

buhari, oyegun & APC protested against insecurity in the previous administration.

Just 5 years ago.

And these set of Ruga mofos are using forces against similar protest. You will all never end well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/abuja-quakes-as-buhari-oyegun-amaechi-protest/amp/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Obaakran: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
ok
Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Bolustical:

Most times you speak and write like a well trained terrorist. Nothing about you seems right. I am 100% certain you are not Yoruba like you claim to be. Am sure you are from one of these unknown tribes in Kaduna or North West.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by wickyyolo: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
This is how middle eastern countries started their wars.
IGP keep quiet oh

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Apelex:
What have they done about Boko Haram
About the Armed bandits killing people like Water yam.
What have they done about the herdsmen causing terror??

It is only when harmless and unarmed citizens they can show force?

Where armed robbery dey. Them go take off.

Useless police force.
Useless President.
Useless set of rubber stamp NASS.
Useless ministers that's will only go and thief for their families to enjoy.
Useless citizens killing thiefs on the road and worshipping the real thief's which are politicians.

Please who does Canadian Visa. Abeg I Don tire abeg
.even if may VISA lottery sef I go play.

I weep for Nigeria

So nigeria police shebi use strong words like this .why not use it against Fulani killer

7 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by Built2last: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
Next level will be SWEEEEEET.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by koboko69: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
orion7:
I pity for this nation .

if not for those knuckle heads the South will babd together.
who born this useless quote system aboki police man. rubbish.

if nothing has been done about BH and other bandits....u will be a refugee in another country by now.
Yes the war is not yet won, but saying nothing is being done about them is a fallacy. You are being warned now, if not the BH treatment will be given to u. I created a thread about the revolution talk.....its a treasonable felony.....u have been warned. Dont come and create wailing threads if any of your loved ones dies....i will have said u, but u will have been long one and wont be able to create a thread

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" by enemyofprogress: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
He should shut the fok up. We have the right to take back our country from all you modafokas. God punish you all from the presidency to all that made us to be where we are today, including their useless supporters especially those on nairaland

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt / Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio / Senator Orji Uzor Kalu All Smiles As He Visits Mother (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.