Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder (29108 Views)

Ortom Slams Miyetti Allah, Defends Benue Anti Grazing Law. / Buhari Sends Message To Fulani Herdsmen Over Northern Elders’ Directive / Fayemi Accused Of Pampering Fulani Herdsmen Over His 2023 ‘presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Maniagist1: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2019
The Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), has said that Fulani herdsmen were not responsible for Thursday’s killing of the Catholic priest of St James the Greater Parish, Ugbawka, Enugu state.

The Herdsmen umbrella amount alleged it has been busy with stream of accusations next the assassination which it discribed as unfortunate.

The group said it was part of security and peace committee in Enugu state, hence it was bound to control its members and ensures that criminals do not infiltrate it’s members conducting their business of cow rearing.

Chairman of MACBAN in South East, Alhaji Giddado Siddiki in a statement on Saturday said: “Again our hearts bleed over the most bastardly murder of a Catholic priest, Reverend Father Paul Offu, of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu.

This is one murder too many! It is most condemnable and heartily regretted.

Again our society aches as a result of the activities of criminals who care less about the value of human life. It is painful that the security apparatuses of the government have not been able to contain the excesses of these men of the underworld who have continued to diminish the value of life in our society.

We hereby most heartily condole the members of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu, and all the Christian faithful on this very painful and irreparable loss.

We once more call on the government to rise to the occasion and provide adequate security for the citizens of Nigeria across the length and breadth of the country.

We maintain that crime, in whatever form of its perpetration, is anti-society. Criminals of any guise cause pains to society and should therefore be properly identified and made to face the full wrath of the law.

While we mourn the sudden departure of Father Offu, we are very hopeful that this occasion will agitate the government sufficiently to respond to the challenge of criminality amongst us.

Please let all of us be duly consoled. May God receive the soul of His dutiful servant in Paradise.

Source; https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/miyetti-allah-defends-fulani-herdsmen-over-catholic-priests-murder/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Maniagist1: 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
cheesy
Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by NwaAmaikpe: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
shocked

If I am accused of bringing nothing but trouble somewhere, I'd respect myself and leave there.

Why can't Miyetti Allah do this and order her foot soldiers to return back to the North rather than endure supposed false accusations?

243 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Am surprise with the speed this group reacted on this,
Are they hiding something or panic

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by jlinkd78(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu warned us all

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Guide777(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
What do you expect to hear from the bandits protected by federal might ?

40 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Biritiko: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I am accused of bringing nothing but trouble somewhere, I'd respect myself and leave there.

Why can't Miyetti Allah do this and order her foot soldiers to return back to the North rather than endure supposed false accusations?
[/s]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2019
Biritiko:

u can now receive orgasm right?

14 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by GOFRONT(m): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2019
undecided

How are you enjoying your Climax now??
Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ChristianEast: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
All these spineless southern governors should proscribe Miyetti Allah and Buhari would do nothing about it.

He proscribed IPOB and IMN for just protesting, he would only rant when the stupid governors proscribe the terrorists.

I have never seen leaders so useless.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
Not again. Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 04, 2019
LLobiorah:

And you believe this trash?

He is sick

2 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Criticaltemp: 7:01am On Aug 04, 2019
Na them them
Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by aolawale025: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2019
It will be well
Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by helinues: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2019
So any crime now in Nigeria are commited by Fulani? Na wah oo

2 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Officialgarri: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2019
helinues:
So any crime now in Nigeria are commited by Fulani? Na wah oo
You dey mind those flat.heads?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2019
I am going to agree with Miyetti Allah on this one...

The truth is, anyone can wake up and say 'It is fulani herdsmen' just like that, with no witnesses, no one seeing anything, nothing. Just 'It's Fulani herdsmen'.

In times like this, one should wait for the Police to investigate thoroughly...but because, sadly, most Nigerians don't trust their police forces, and because the Police is underequiped....no one wants to wait or beleive.

Let's drop the hearsay. This is not a call for justification of acts of violence, but a call to let reason prevail, and a call to get our government to properly equip the police, and end cattle herding and crime.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Kingosytex(m): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2019
In a twinkle of an eye all the criminals in the country have suddenly repented and handed their guns to the fulani herdsmen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Mynd44: 7:43am On Aug 04, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because the cattle the herdsmen herd belong to locals and not them.

A lot of the cattle in Southern Nigeria belong to southerners and these people pay herdsmen to take care of them.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Gadafii: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Nwamaikpe has said it all

Miyeti should recall all it members in the troubled regions for 6months let's see if Peace won't reign

10 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ebujany(m): 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
before nko? you expect them to say it's our members and we are sorry?

2 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Quaddafi29: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Why can't these simply leave and not come back. What sort of conquest are they seeking? Excuses everyday; your grasses is sweeter, your oil is sweeter, your money is sweeter. Please leave, the bloodshed is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Jabioro: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Keep your bleeding heart away ..we need no concrodile bleeding heart.. please

2 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by SillyMods: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Relocating one's livelihood isn't as simple as that. Is it?

If it was, Igbos would have left the north since 2016 when they were asked to leave.

5 Likes

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ifeanyija(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Which one are you responsible for?

1 Like

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by Mynd44: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2019
SillyMods:

Relocating one's livelihood isn't as simple as that. Is it?

If it was, Igbos would have left the north since 2016 when they were asked to leave.
It is not even about livelihood. Some of these herdsmen are simply employees of the owners of the cattle most of which are locals

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ogatboy(m): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2019
I think our security forces can do better. I'm surprised no arrest are being made. While it may n may not be the fulani herdsmen, i think the security forces are doing nothing. The bigger issue is no one is taking responsibility.

People would say why should we blame Buhari, its because he controls all the security forces, the bucks stops with him, and no one has been made to take responsibility.

And to all of you defending, when it knocks on your door, remember you said nothing when it was at other people's door

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Offu: Miyetti Allah Defends Fulani Herdsmen Over Catholic Priest’s Murder by ednut1(m): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria where people prefer to hear its fulani herdmen. Communal clashes have been going on in cross river . No one bothers to report as na only fulani readers wan hear.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Godwin Emefiele Resumes Duty After Annual Leave / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.