Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Chrysler Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chrysler Car (4640 Views)

Meanest Baddest 06 Chrysler In Lagos / How Reliable Is Chrysler 300? / Chrysler 300, Bentley Look Alike, Suicide Door. Bump! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrysler Car by stevolala2: 11:32pm On May 13, 2007
pls can any one tell me anything he or she knows about chrysler cars ,is it good and economical for nigeria road and also the maintenance?.I saw the car and i love it and i want to buy it but i dont know much about the product because is not common.
Re: Chrysler Car by swing4real(m): 3:56am On May 14, 2007
Are you talking about Chrystal cross fire that looks like sport?
Re: Chrysler Car by stevolala2: 9:17am On May 15, 2007
yes
Re: Chrysler Car by promise72(m): 3:55am On May 16, 2007
@ Topic,

That should be your cue. "its not common". That means you will have uncommon problems. The Crossfire is powered by the same engine in the Merceded 320 beacuse its the same company that makes mercedes makes Chrysler (Mercedes just sold Chrysler company yesterday). However, there will be parts that will be specific to that car itself.

My verdict: unless you are ready for some one of a kind problem down the road. Stay away!
Re: Chrysler Car by Things(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2007
[b][/b]@ stevolala
Ill recommend you go to[url][/url] http://www.Chrysler.com/en/crossfire/index.html and view whatever info you may need there, but let  me ask u a car with a V6 engine costing about $30500, how economical do you expect it to be? however i agree with every letter in promise72's words.

But the funny thing is that i currently drive the Chrysler 300,though not in 9ja but no problem on it for now, and im really thinking of using a Chrysler Town and Country van @home hoping Benz mechanics can sort any problem it may develop later.
[img][/img][sub][/sub]
Re: Chrysler Car by promise72(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2007
@ things,

Your point is well taken. however, pls remember that the tru test of any car is not when its new. Its the car 5,6,7,8,9 years from now. Ability to ride the car time and time again when u get home.

My verdict: stay away from town&Country. Too many gear problem. go for Previa, Sienna, quest (the usual suspects) and if u wanna step big, Honda Oddyssey.

I hope its good info for u. Availability of parts for T/C is another issue. Even if you were able to not have major problems with it. You will have to service periodically undecided
Re: Chrysler Car by Things(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2007
@promise72
thanks i appreciate the words u dropping in.
Re: Chrysler Car by stevolala2: 8:26pm On May 17, 2007
thanks,i really appreciate it
Re: Chrysler Car by Ivvie: 10:36pm On May 17, 2007
Chryslers are ba cars, cheap and not properly designed. Poor stress analysis in design. Believe me, you'll have a story to tell except you have mad love for it.
Re: Chrysler Car by thegame(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2007
Depends on the chrysler, the new beast, don't do it cos fuel consumption much and generally, mechanics for chryslers are scarce in nigeria. DOn't be surprised if you see one for mercedes worth 200000 dollars but chrysler. Them mechanics will just add to your problem
Re: Chrysler Car by sultaan(m): 5:39am On Jun 05, 2007
I'm not sure of the type of Chrysler you are looking at, but the new ones share a lot of components with Mercedes(engine transmission,& suspension). Difference btwn V6 and 4Cyl is usually around 5mpg, but the power is tremendous.

If you service your car as recommended in the owner's manual, a Chryler will work just as good as a Honda.The only problem might be with electronics(sensors, relays, solenoids and actuators) because the have a lot of gizmos in American cars.
Re: Chrysler Car by Ivvie: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2007
First of all, Chrysler and Merc's don't share parts.  They might share technology (outdated) but not the ground breaking.  Second and most important of all, a car poorly built cannot be taken care of.  It'll always be a money pit.  It will be expensive to put it right.  Everything has been calculated in terms of analysis (if you are familiar with finite element analysis).  My prof. stated that in today's economics, if the manufacturer designates a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty to a vehicle, that's how long it's built for. 

Chrysler cars can barely survive U.S roads and terrain.  , to be honest, nobody buys those vehicles.  They are nothing short of dressed-up Dodges.  And as we all know, it's a cheap piece of plastic with lousy performance with everything falling apart.

Chrysler is no longer part of Daimler A/G.  Chrysler and Merc's don't even feel the same way when you drive them, especially the highway courtesy you receive from a Benz.  Those 300C's are one of the ugliest cars built and very bad cd's (coefficient drag) and that summarizes why it's a gas guzzler.  Merc's in the 80's had cd's as low as .28.  Cars today still can't boast of that.
Re: Chrysler Car by Ivvie: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2007
sultaan:

I'm not sure of the type of Chrysler you are looking at, but the new ones share a lot of components with Mercedes(engine transmission,& suspension). Difference btwn V6 and 4Cyl is usually around 5mpg, but the power is tremendous.

If you service your car as recommended in the owner's manual, a Chryler will work just as good as a Honda.The only problem might be with electronics(sensors, relays, solenoids and actuators) because the have a lot of gizmos in American cars.

There is no Chrysler that has a 4 cylinder engine. The lowest model (except I am wrong) in engine size should be the Sebring. It's a 6 cylinder that drives like a hot-rodded 4 clylinder. If you are right about your statement, then it must be interesting to have 2 extra cylinder that takes 5 miles of the gallon. 100 years in automotive engineering and development and 5 miles to two extra cylinder is what you can come off per gallon with respect to the 4 cylinder sister model. They are only seeking profit.

Ford is worse, as they make nothing ground breaking. They finally made public their foolishness by announcing that they would be launching the first ever vehicle equipped with full broadband internet service and owners can surf the web, download movies and music and check eMails while being mobile. This is all they can come up with. What a market!
Re: Chrysler Car by Rlst84sale(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2007
Ivie

I don't believe you, Ford is a good product especially their v8 engines. All American trucks are the best, it's just these last few years that Japan started to make big trucks which don't have long history like the Americans. As for Chrysler, they recently teamed up with Demler Benz and their quality really improved, the only concrenn I would have is difficulty of obtaing spare parts at economical prices simply because they are not many back home and U.S is so far from Naija. So if you want to buy snall midsize cars 4-6 cylinders, japanese or german, but v8 I would go for American any day any time more especially trucks.
Re: Chrysler Car by sultaan(m): 5:40am On Jun 06, 2007
You should go read up on where the crossfire is assembled, its engine and transmission.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/job.aspx?year=2004&make=Chrysler&model=Crossfire

I guess you are not considering the PT Cruiser.
Sebring Coupe and Plus LX has a 2.4l base engine and that engine should be the same as the one in Eclipse and Galant.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Chrysler&model=Sebring&trimid=-1

Check the specs on MSN btw V6 and 4Cyl( same model) its usually about 5mpg
Re: Chrysler Car by Ivvie: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2007
sultaan:

You should go read up on where the crossfire is assembled, its engine and transmission.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/job.aspx?year=2004&make=Chrysler&model=Crossfire

I guess you are not considering the PT Cruiser.
Sebring Coupe and Plus LX has a 2.4l base engine and that engine should be the same as the one in Eclipse and Galant.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Chrysler&model=Sebring&trimid=-1

Check the specs on MSN between V6 and 4Cyl( same model) its usually about 5mpg

Sultan, I did not doubt you. It was surprising how they obey lean-marketing strategies. I never knew the PT was a Chrysler product. I had in mind that these vehicles were european. I am surprised about the sebring beng 4 cylinders. It must be the alterative to the Dodge Stratus. I've ridden in a Sebring a few times, it's a six cylinder with an extreme loud engine. I think it's a 2.5 engine size. It has so much power but nothing to show for it. It wouldn't accelerate in response to throttle feel. The blind spots in the coupe too is unremarkable. Those vehicles start to smoke ad leak oil as they approach 100 - 135,000. I don't know about the 3 cylinders.
Re: Chrysler Car by Ivvie: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2007
Rlst84sale:

Ivie

I don't believe you, Ford is a good product especially their v8 engines. All American trucks are the best, it's just these last few years that Japan started to make big trucks which don't have long history like the Americans. As for Chrysler, they recently teamed up with Demler Benz and their quality really improved, the only concrenn I would have is difficulty of obtaing spare parts at economical prices simply because they are not many back home and You.S is so far from Naija. So if you want to buy snall midsize cars 4-6 cylinders, japanese or german, but v8 I would go for American any day any time more especially trucks.

There is no FORD that is good. My colleage once owned an F - Series truck and he took care of that vehicle from the very first day. He had all the options you can think about in a car and I found that amusing for a pick-up truck. Towards the end of the year, the motor operated like a worn out motor and never rode smooth. In addition to this, he's done a couple of repairs under warranty that shouldn't be called for. In Texas, a lot of driving is done and you can accrue as much as 30,000 in a year. He was on the freeway and his spark plug spew out of his engine. The engine indeed spat a plug out. Cost to have it on the road was 6,000 inc. labour (and not covered under warranty). Today, there is a class-action lawsuit against Ford.

Volvo, had a recall a few months ago concerning gasoline leaking into the oil chambers and causing fires. The signature and the common factor is Ford. Also, Volvo's today are known for bad throttles.

FORD is crap and I don't think anyone in their right mind should patronize Ford. They waste lives and don't care about it's owners. They are practically one of the unsafest cars in the world. Go through consumer reports. Ford's section has elaborately been redefined. It has been broken into sections from plugs to fire to whatever is wrong.

The Mustang is a joke as far as performance cars are concerned. I have seen a mustang that couldn't do a simple J-turn without wheel slippage. I don't know what it'll cost Ford to negative-camber the rear wheels. The news last year was that they made the biggest loss in history last year.
Re: Chrysler Car by onasnatural(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2012
How much money are you given out your chrysler.let me know as soon as possible

(1) (Reply)

Engine Oil To Use For Camry 2012 -2013 / Men, Get In Please!!! / Seen In Traffic Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.