Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? (2993 Views)

FG Now Pays About ₦‎600 Billion Monthly For Fuel Subsidy - Rainoil CEO / FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / Travel Advisory: US Warns Citizens Not To Visit Enugu, Imo, Borno, 15 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 1:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Today, a 21 old white boy carrying an AK 47 walked into a packed shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, shooting dead 20 people and injuring 26 others.

Totally unprovoked.

Welcome to America.

In America, 40,000 people are killed by gun violence every year, and those are just the official numbers reported.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html

In Nigeria, a particularly bad year of Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, and kidnapper activity might result in 1,000 to 1,500 deaths, if that.

Yet Nigerians would have you believe that the whole country is ''on fire'' as a result of this.

Is it time for the FG to warn Nigerians that they are heading to an even bigger fire by visiting the United States?

UPDATE 6th Aug 2019:

Uruguay and Venezuela have just issued travel advisory warnings to their citizens planning to visit the US.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by zykson(m): 1:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Lol..like say person wey don pay for visa and everything go hear warning

1 Like

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Jasen1(m): 1:49am On Aug 04, 2019
Rosskiki:
Today, a 21 old white boy carrying an AK 47 walked into a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, shooting dead 20 people and injuring 26 others.

Totally unprovoked.

Welcome to America.

In America, 40,000 people are killed by gun violence per annum, and those are just the official numbers reported.

In Nigeria, a particularly bad year of Boko Haram and herdsmen activity might result in 1000 to 1500 deaths, if that.

Yet Nigerians would have you believe that the whole country is ''on fire'' as a result of that.

Is it time for the FG to warn Nigerians that they are heading to an even bigger fire by visiting the United States?

So as big as USA 40k per per year, while Nigeria that is up to half of USA is recording 3k a year from BH boys, alone

Official report oh
Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Ovamboland(m): 1:57am On Aug 04, 2019
Rosskiki:
Today, a 21 old white boy carrying an AK 47 walked into a packed shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, shooting dead 20 people and injuring 26 others.

Totally unprovoked.

Welcome to America.

In America, 40,000 people are killed by gun violence every year, and those are just the official numbers reported.

In Nigeria, a particularly bad year of Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, and kidnapper activity might result in 1,000 to 1,500 deaths, if that.

Yet Nigerians would have you believe that the whole country is ''on fire'' as a result of this.

This your information will be ignored or contested by demdem, this does not help their politics towards 2023.

In one who thinks those promoting fear in the country have their interest at heart you're in for a rude shock, as far as they are concerned you are just a number and your death is a big help to their political advancement
Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by ORIENTATION101: 1:58am On Aug 04, 2019
I just laugh at those that say the country is on fire. Bokoharam ,Fulani herdsmen ,ritualist, kidnappers cultism, e.t.c can never match half of the figures of casualties of gun death in America yearly.
Mind you , America media re doing a good job to cover the serial killings happening in the country.
Unlike some foolish Nigerians that rush to put everything on social media without Thinking twice. While the worst is happening in the America they worshipped .

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 2:09am On Aug 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
I just laugh at those that say the country is on fire. Bokoharam ,Fulani herdsmen ,ritualist, kidnappers cultism, e.t.c can never match half of the figures of casualties of gun death in America yearly.
Mind you , America media re doing a good job to cover the serial killings happening in the country.
Unlike some foolish Nigerians that rush to put everything on social media without Thinking twice. While the worst is happening in the America they worshipped .

Nigerians are their own worst enemies. If you go to America you will see Nigerians warning people there not to venture near Nigeria, because it was ''really dangerous''. Yet they live in American mayhem, where drive-by shootings and gang-related violence are a daily occurrence. The irony is totally lost on them.

I might add that you will NEVER EVER find an American who will tell you not to visit America on account of the dangers there, even though America is 10 times more dangerous than Nigeria. We have serious problems with our mentality as a people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by EricBloodAxe: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2019
Instead of opening a thread to call on the authorities concerned to find urgent solutions to the epileptic security situation present in the country, you're here comparing the rate of gun crimes prevalent between the US and Nigeria. Atleast in the US non state actors ie criminals, gangsters or disturbed persons indulge in these shootings but in Nigeria, both the criminals, cultists, terrorists and the law enforcement take turns in unleashing death to the citizens.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by ORIENTATION101: 2:21am On Aug 04, 2019
Rosskiki:

Nigerians are their own worst enemies. If you go to America you will see Nigerians warning people there not to venture near Nigeria, because it was ''really dangerous''. Yet they live in American mayhem, where drive-by shootings and gang-related violence are a daily occurrence. The irony is totally lost on them.
Gang war is another deadly menace in America. One can get caught by stray bullet from these guys. America only have a better system compare to Nigeria. Nigeria is more safer to live let's forget about media sensationalism. Most of the killings in Nigeria re politically motivated by Evil politicians .If 40k Nigerians re dying yearly am sure our population will not be skyrocketing .like it did in the last 20 years.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 2:25am On Aug 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Gang war is another deadly menace in America. One can get caught by stray bullet from these guys. America only have a better system compare to Nigeria. Nigeria is more safer to live let's forget about media sensationalism. If 40k Nigerians re dying yearly am sure our population will not be skyrocketing .like it did in the last 20 years.

My brother, I have personally lived in the US, and I was held up at gun point on two occasions, shot at once, and had my apartment door flattened by an intended gun-toting assassin, mad that I'd snatched his babe. Luckily I was out. All this in just a space of 3 years. Anybody who says Nigeria is dangerous while praising American 'safety' is just...deluded.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 2:32am On Aug 04, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
Instead of opening a thread to call on the authorities concerned to find urgent solutions to the epileptic security situation present in the country, you're here comparing the rate of gun crimes prevalent between the US and Nigeria. At least in the US non state actors ie criminals, gangsters or disturbed persons indulge in these shootings but in Nigeria, both the criminals, cultists, terrorists and the law enforcement take turns in unleashing death to the citizens.

SPARE ME YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX WROUGHT GARBAGE, Mr ''at least this, at least that''.

Typical Nigerian inferiority complex, to always seek out how the other (usually white) must be 'better' than you in every circumstance, even against all rationality and judgement. Cure that sickness in your head that tells you you must be worse than the worst in every situation. That is your real problem.

Oh, and go do some research into US topics like Flint, Michigan, and police brutality, where US state actors and law enforcement indulge in killing US citizens with reckless abandon.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by slimfit1(m): 2:40am On Aug 04, 2019
You will be doing them a favor by not coming bro.

2 Likes

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Guestlander: 2:41am On Aug 04, 2019
Absolutely, the ministry of external affairs should issue regular security warnings for intending visitors to the United States. Nigerian lives are precious too.

1 Like

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 2:43am On Aug 04, 2019
slimfit1:
You will be doing them a favor by not coming bro.

Not true, ''bro''. The US was built by IMMIGRANTS of all colours and shades, something the current low IQ president Nazi ignoramus seems oblivious to. The population is not reproducing fast enough to maintain itself economically, and so immigrants are NEEDED there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Guestlander: 2:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Rosskiki:

My brother, I have personally lived in the US, and I was held up at gun point on two occasions, shot at once, and had my apartment door flattened by an intended gun-toting assassin, mad that I'd snatched his babe. Luckily I was out. All this in just a space of 3 years. Anybody who says Nigeria is dangerous while praising American 'safety' is just...deluded.

I am completely with you on this. Only people who have never been to the States will think differently. Chicago is like a war zone. I don't even think the gun crimes are reported any more.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 2:49am On Aug 04, 2019
Guestlander:

I am completely with you on this. Only people who have never been to the States will think differently. Chicago is like a war zone. I don't even think the gun crimes are reported any more.

A few incidents are reported, but only on small, local TV stations, and definitely not on national TV or CNN etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 04, 2019
I prefer Europe to America any day anytime..

They got strict gun laws in UK/ Europe..only knife wielding fanatics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 4:03am On Aug 04, 2019
Just read that there are about 300 million guns in public circulation in the US - roughly one per citizen.

That statistic alone should be enough to issue a travel advisory.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Blue3k(m): 4:21am On Aug 04, 2019
The government is going to issue a travel advisory for a country that has less violent crime per capita than them? What a silly thought. If you want use statistics show both countries side by side with per capita numbers.

You'll have an easy time accessing this with FBI crime stats im not sure about NBS.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5?

Ps: The op ran away when asked to debunk statistics.

3 Likes

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 4:43am On Aug 04, 2019
Blue3k:
The government is going to issue a travel advisory for a country that has less violent crime per capita than them?

Source of this claim?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Bridget95(f): 5:35am On Aug 04, 2019
USA- gunmen are challenged and either killed in action or apprehended.

Nigeria -gunmen (cultists, herdsmen,Boko haram, bandits,kidnappers armed robbers) in must cases enjoy a field day and are never brought to justice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Blue3k(m): 6:09am On Aug 04, 2019
Rosskiki:

Source of this claim?

World bank website. Now do side by side stats if you want to claim nigeria safer than USA.

Intentional homicide rate per 100k:
Nigeria 10 (2015)
USA 5 (2016)

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by GoodofNaija: 6:11am On Aug 04, 2019
You can as well stay back in your shithole!

Who is looking for you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by sweetsell: 6:25am On Aug 04, 2019
Ipob Bureau of Foolish Statistics of course !

Rosskiki:

Source of this claim?
Blue3k post=80918131:
The government is going to issue a travel advisory for a country that has less violent crime per capita than them? What a silly thought. If you want use statistics show both countries side by side with per capita numbers.

You'll have an easy time accessing this with FBI crime stats im not sure about NBS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Blue3k(m): 6:57am On Aug 04, 2019
sweetsell:
Ipob Bureau of Foolish Statistics of course !

Lol you two are delusional next you'll say there's less corruption in Nigeria. I gave UN stats comparing per capita numbers. Nigeria had double murder rate. That's the hasnt changed much. Maybe you clowns want to tell me Buhari cut the murder rate in half within his 1st term and forgot to announce it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 7:01am On Aug 04, 2019
Blue3k:

World bank website. Now do side by side stats if you want to claim nigeria safer than USA.

Intentional homicide rate per 100k:
Nigeria 10 (2015)
USA 5 (2016)

Believe this American-penned GARBAGE, and you're even dumber than previously thought. According to that ''research'', America is safer to live in than Zambia, Trinidad, Botswana, Togo, and many other nations!

Same way American-dominated organisations name other countries as ''most corrupt on earth'' etc, when it is AMERICA that starts WHOLE WARS that kill millions based on lies, just to conquer those nations and STEAL their resources for the American elite to plunder. As happened in Iraq.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by aolawale025: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2019
That will be harakiri
Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Blue3k(m): 7:05am On Aug 04, 2019
[s]
Rosskiki:

Believe this American-penned GARBAGE, and you're even dumber than previouly thought. According to that ''research'', America is safer to live in than Zambia, Trinidad, Togo, and many other nations!

Same way American-dominated organisations name other countries as ''most corrupt'' etc, when it is AMERICA that starts WHOLE WARS that kill millions based on lies, just to conquer those nations and STEAL their resources for the American elite to plunder.
[/s]

I told you to bring your side by side stats not to ramble nonsense. Lol how you can you argue topic and not use per capita stats clown? Delusional Nigerians always chestbeating until you ask them to prove their claims. Can you even prove Nigeria safer than Ghana before ranting about USA.
Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2019
Blue3k:
[s][/s]

I told you to bring your side by side stats not to ramble nonsense. Lol how you can you argue topic and not use per capita stats clown?

Use your head, you illlterate. Don't just accept any numbers thrown at you like some thoughtless dunce. That ''research'' claims America is as safe as BOTSWANA. Do you know anything about Botswana? Mumu. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by henryobinna(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2019
Why do your politicians(who know more about security or insecurity as the case maybe) still go to the 'unsafe' America?

There's no point getting into a discussion or even argument with the OP because clesrly anyone with an opposing thought and argument is automatically an IPOB member (I wonder how they come about this) or has inferiority complex...

1 Like

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Blue3k(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2019
[s]
Rosskiki:

Use your head, you illlterate. Don't just accept any numbers thrown at you like some dunce. That ''research'' claims America is as safe as BOTSWANA. Do you know anything about Botswana? MUMU.
[/s]

The clown that's citing random news articles to make flawed analysis is saying dont believe numbers. The Nigerian education system failed you. USA is safer thsn Botswana unlees you have proof other wise. You'd just runaway when ask to cite figures.

I asked you to provide dats from NBS and FBI crime stats. All you can do give random anecdotes. You didnt even have common sense to use per capita figures so we can do apples to apples comparison of crime.

1 Share

Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by Rosskiki: 7:14am On Aug 04, 2019
henryobinna:
Why do your politicians(who know more about security or insecurity as the case maybe) still go to the 'unsafe' America?

What has politicians going anywhere got to do with anything? Life is not just about ''politicians'' and politics, Mr. Man. Don't let them define your life for you.
Re: Should The FG Now Issue Travel Advisory Warnings For Nigerians Visiting The US? by helinues: 7:16am On Aug 04, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: How Osinbajo Couldn’t Account For N90b Collected From FIRS – Timi Frank / $30 Billion Loan. Atiku Can Not Sit And Watch. Nigerians React. / Imota Rice Mill, Lagos. Largest In Nigeria. Construction Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.