Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 (4021 Views)

Nigeria Secures $13bn Oil And Gas Investment Commitment From Shell, Exxonmobil / Ize-Iyamu: Obaseki Paid PDP Tax Collectors ₦15 Billion For Governorship Ticket / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by phosky(m): 3:46am On Aug 05, 2019
Nigeria attracts $15.15 billion investment commitment in first half of 2019
source: https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/08/05/nigeria-attracts-15-15-billion-investment-commitment-in-first-half-of-2019/

Foreign investors in several sectors of the Nigeria economy made investment commitments to the tone of $15.15 billion within the first half of 2019.

According to reports gathered by Eyes Of Lagos that Figures obtained from the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, NIPC, shows that the $15.15bn proposed investments were made for 43 projects in 12 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

Comparatively, the proposed investments for the first half of this year showed a 67 per cent decline when compared to the corresponding period of 2018.

Investments ‎commitments are made by would be investors in specific sectors of the economy, which the NIPC follows up to ensure its full maturity and benefits to the Nigerian economy.

According to NIPC records, mining and ‎quarrying recorded investment announcements of $12.3 billion averaging 81 per cent of the total investment proposal made

Manufacturing also recorded $2.2bn worth of investment announced.

Within the period under review,‎ finance and insurance recorded $200 million investment worth; while information and communication $200 million.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by Climax07(m): 3:50am On Aug 05, 2019
hmm first to comment and I have

Nothing to say
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by loadedvibes: 4:20am On Aug 05, 2019
Lol..lies

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by AngelHoly(m): 4:26am On Aug 05, 2019
grin
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by chriskosherbal(m): 4:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Hmmm naija
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by cinoedhunter: 4:44am On Aug 05, 2019
Please where are the employments o... with all these acclaimed investments? angry
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by paradigmshift(m): 4:51am On Aug 05, 2019
Investment on Paper . Lieeees

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by B1ak3: 5:10am On Aug 05, 2019
It will be good to at least follow such statement with one or two names of these "investors" so we won't think this is just a made-up figure

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by livebyday(m): 5:15am On Aug 05, 2019
undecided

While this is clearly praise worthy I find it very unlikely and false media propaganda by the government

I mean come on no one here is 5 years old to believe this .

1. Every single country has placed a security advisory on Nigeria with the constant security challenges

2. Our economy has been hit hard due to the Insecurity, poor road infrastructure and terrible power supply

3. In consistency and insincerity of government policies is typical of this government hence foreign investors have pulled out of the capital market in Nigeria

4. Our sliding human rights violation profile has further dented our profile internationally

5. Middle East sponsored Sunni mosque constructions doesn't count as foreign investment

6. Maybe if I wasn't working with the circle I do, and pricy to the information I have , I would have believed this grin

7. Infact within Africa and other sub-saharan markets investors are advised against investing in Nigeria for now

8. I won't be surprised tomorrow the Nigerian government and would spread in the media that nigeria is now the Dubai of Africa grin

I don't want to dampen anyone's joy but, identifying as a turtle and changing your specie to a turtle doesn't make you a turtle. Simply put this is false

Cheers

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by lightheart(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2019
Awesome.
We want more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by KIDfurniture(m): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2019
where re they investing their monies please?
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by money121(m): 5:24am On Aug 05, 2019
undecided
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by Mccullum: 5:26am On Aug 05, 2019
This is great news, Nigeria will be great again and God bless Naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by pointstores(m): 5:27am On Aug 05, 2019
Talk talk APC and unrealistic talk

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by samdigo90: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2019
Money that will be stolen
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by jaxxy(m): 5:42am On Aug 05, 2019
Foreign investment without sound economic planning and good governance is a waste.
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by Pvssy: 5:46am On Aug 05, 2019

God bless His Excellence, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by nwafor1(m): 5:50am On Aug 05, 2019
grin grin

Eyes Of Lagos cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by straighttalk(m): 5:51am On Aug 05, 2019
NEWS FOR THE GULLIBLE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by omaigala(m): 5:51am On Aug 05, 2019
Lies
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:10am On Aug 05, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING DADDY, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better Nigeria.

A land flowing with milk and honey.

WE LOVE THEM.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2019
Pvssy:

God bless His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless you too
It is always good and refreshing to see that we still have reasonable youths like you on this forum.

It will end in praise.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by EkperemoEgbabi: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2019
post=80949103:
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING DADDY, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better Nigeria.

A land flowing with milk and honey.

WE LOVE THEM.

U take your eye see d 15billon investment? Abi ya suffer suffer life done change? . All this zombie wey full nairaland, una life done tire me. Even if buhari gives u him shiit to chop, una go chop am, lick mouth join come still dey shout sai buhari.

With people like you still existing and being alive, Nigeria is as good as dead and will never progression.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:18am On Aug 05, 2019
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime, and if not it will be great in the lifetime of our children.

The foundation has been destroyed for a long time,
But glory to God we are on the right track moving forward.
A new foundation is being laid for a great nation.

Rule 3 in life : Do not throw stones at every dogs that bark at you on the road, if you do,
You will never get to where you are going! wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by helinues: 6:19am On Aug 05, 2019
Not bad
Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Aug 05, 2019
helinues:
Not bad
We will get there slow and steady.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by SillyMods: 6:42am On Aug 05, 2019
cinoedhunter:
Please where are the employments o... with all these acclaimed investments? angry
Surely not on nairaland and social media.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by omohayek: 7:18am On Aug 05, 2019
livebyday:
undecided

While this is clearly praise worthy I find it very unlikely and false media propaganda by the government

I mean come on no one here is 5 years old to believe this .

1. Every single country has placed a security advisory on Nigeria with the constant security challenges

2. Our economy has been hit hard due to the Insecurity, poor road infrastructure and terrible power supply

3. In consistency and insincerity of government policies is typical of this government hence foreign investors have pulled out of the capital market in Nigeria

4. Our sliding human rights violation profile has further dented our profile internationally

5. Middle East sponsored Sunni mosque constructions doesn't count as foreign investment

6. Maybe if I wasn't working with the circle I do, and pricy to the information I have , I would have believed this grin

7. Infact within Africa and other sub-saharan markets investors are advised against investing in Nigeria for now

8. I won't be surprised tomorrow the Nigerian government and would spread in the media that nigeria is now the Dubai of Africa grin

I don't want to dampen anyone's joy but, identifying as a turtle and changing your specie to a turtle doesn't make you a turtle. Simply put this is false

Cheers
While I agree with all the criticisms you mentioned, didn't you notice the following portion of the original article?
Comparatively, the proposed investments for the first half of this year showed a 67 per cent decline when compared to the corresponding period of 2018.
I fail to see how this can be seen as anything positive, let alone as "propaganda".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by NaMe4: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2019
Hehehehe

Investment COMMITMENT!

This guy's funny abeg. The other day they claimed they've employed 5m youth. Mtchew!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts $15.15 Billion Investment Commitment In First Half Of 2019 by livebyday(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2019
omohayek:

While I agree with all the criticisms you mentioned, didn't you notice the following portion of the original article?

I fail to see how this can be seen as anything positive, let alone as "propaganda".

Because there was no foreign investment whatsoever

Infact of they were to be sincere the alarmingly. High rate of.pull out of forex from our nation by foreign investors and venture capitalist firms is at never before seen levels

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Prefer Sleeping In Cell, Not Office, That’s Allah’s Wish – Magu Tells Police A / A Herd Of Cattle Being Guard By Soldiers On Expressway(photo) / Tinubu Nearly Falls As He Staggered At APC Campaign Flagoff In Jos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.