Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

My New Tomatoes Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My New Tomatoes Farm (62989 Views)

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / Buyers Of Onions And Tomatoes In Bulk Let's Meet Here / My New Cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by veggieman2be(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
my2chains:
Please where and how can one get this hybrid tomato seeds?

It seems to do well more than the local ones
If you're in Lagos check these address below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by my2chains(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2020
Ok how is your tomatoes doing now?

I hope they doing great
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Edibleskit: 5:03pm On May 03, 2020
I am learning. Following
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by veggieman2be(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2020
my2chains:
Ok how is your tomatoes doing now?

I hope they doing great
Thanks for asking they are fruiting but am not too impressed because the fruiting is scanty not much some stand Have 2 some 7 others 9 fruits d variety is Mona I suspect maybe disease also the leave seems to be rowing I have sprayed with laraforce, super grow, red force and Zforce maybe like 3wks ago and I sprayed yesterday evening again. But the local ones have like 15 some 20 fruits.
That's d update bro.
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by OluchiDelly: 12:43pm On May 13, 2020
veggieman2be:

Thanks for asking they are fruiting but am not too impressed because the fruiting is scanty not much some stand Have 2 some 7 others 9 fruits d variety is Mona I suspect maybe disease also the leave seems to be rowing I have sprayed with laraforce, super grow, red force and Zforce maybe like 3wks ago and I sprayed yesterday evening again. But the local ones have like 15 some 20 fruits.
That's d update bro.
Did you apply fertilizer at transplanting?They resist disease better when they are well fed from the early stage. Hybrids tomatoes are bred to give high yield, hence they need a push, basal application of manure/fertilizer at transplanting is necessary.
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by aquila3: 7:58pm On May 13, 2020
veggieman2be:

That's d update bro.
i ve xperienced it b4, and i found out that hybrid don't produce many fruits during harsh/hot weather unlike the local variety especially roma no matter the case may be it wl give u something.

2 Likes

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by veggieman2be(m): 1:11am On May 17, 2020
my2chains:
Please where and how can one get this hybrid tomato seeds?

It seems to do well more than the local ones
You can get it at Agritopic I mean technisem office At Ibadan opposite customs office or at Mile 12 beside 1st Bank

1 Like

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by OluchiDelly: 1:40pm On May 17, 2020
aquila3:
i ve xperienced it b4, and i found out that hybrid don't produce many fruits during harsh/hot weather unlike the local variety especially roma no matter the case may be it wl give u something.
Pls where do u get and how much do you get your tomato thorgal f1?
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by aquila3: 4:15pm On May 17, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Pls where do u get and how much do you get your tomato thorgal f1?
i do get them frm soloxam 08052937326 in ibadan
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by OluchiDelly: 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
aquila3:
i do get them frm soloxam 08052937326 in ibadan
Thanks, someone told me he dint have
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by aquila3: 8:54pm On May 18, 2020
OluchiDelly:
Thanks, someone told me he dint have
Alright
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Munzy14(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2020
Nice thread....

this thread is very educative and exactly what we need this time to alleviate the negative effect of post covid-19 hard times ahead...

Imagine 20 people doing this in a particular community, it will go a long way...Thanks

6 Likes

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Mightyhaiz: 4:11pm On May 20, 2020
Cool.. I also have a sizeable plantain and banana plantation.. Various breeds..

Locals be feeding fat on it as I hardly step foot there sad
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by tillaman(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2020
No farmer no nation!!

1 Like

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Afamed: 4:16pm On May 20, 2020
post=80982473:
God bless the works of your hands.

It is always good and refreshing to see we have some youths in the country working hard and securing their future.

This is just the beginning of good things in your life man.
Keep up the good work.

Following your success story..........
Ignore that Wailing pikin.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by olawonder(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2020
This isn’t a show off at all; this highlights the process of farming tomatoes, for the benefit of those who hv interest in vegetables farming.
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 20, 2020
Please how can I get the local seeds in Lagos
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Lamanii22(f): 4:20pm On May 20, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Cool.. I also have a sizeable plantain and banana plantation.. Various breeds..

Locals be feeding fat on it as I hardly step foot there sad

Can you create a thread on how to plant banana and plantain please.... ??

2 Likes

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by SaintNegro77: 4:20pm On May 20, 2020
Keep it up. My catfish farm giving me joy as well. The hustle is real.
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by DenreleDave(m): 4:20pm On May 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Useless words. Can everybody farm? Let them give us light we need electricity.

NB: It is easy to figure out u have fake accounts always liking and sharing ur post. 2 likes and 3 shares withing few minutes of posting most times confirms that.

And it's obvious u av other accounts liking and Sharing too

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Highshow05(m): 4:20pm On May 20, 2020
See how a nairalander used Maslow hierarchy of needs theory to wish his friend on his birthday.

I celebrate with you on your birthday. Ever since I met you I never regret every seconds,minutes being with you. I pray may Almighty Allah grant to you all you needs in this life. The genesis of all you needs start from physiological to self actualization. Your pyramid of needs shall be accomplished. Let me start wishing you from hierarchy of needs.

Physiological needs: My brother, this is basic needs of every human life. I pray to Almighty Allah that you will never lack any of these needs in your life, the needs for food, clothing, money and shelter.

Safety needs; I pray for maximum protection over you and your family. You shall not expose to any danger, threat, insurgency (especially where you'reschooling Borno state" the home of peace" ) , banditry. And I refuge with Allah to protect you from evil doers.

Social needs; every where you go, you shall be feel with love, affection and passion. And You will never influence into bad associations and gangs. I pray you mingle with visionaries.

Self-esteem: Without self- accomplishment, self-achievement, self- appraisal and self- confidence our Egos won't be recognised. I pray that every things you lay your hands upon will come out with positive outcome. Your status shall be recognized for, appreciation, knowledge, independent and achievement.

Self actualization: My brother, this stage is also called self fulfillment. But it suppose to be called self-actualizing because in this underdeveloped country of ours. Everybody keeps struggling and hustling till death pay us visit. Even though Baba Buhari is still actualizing his dreams @ senile age. But my prayer for you is that you fulfill your dreams in accordance with your wish.

Enjoy your day bro.
Happy birthday to Dr Wisdom Omogbolahan.

1 Like

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by Victornezzar: 4:21pm On May 20, 2020
No staking??
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by sonnie10: 4:22pm On May 20, 2020
My tomatoes are ready for harvest.
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by DenreleDave(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2020
mirabel9:

hahaha,

this meat griller is really something else.

I pray he sees how unreliable and pandemic this APC government he so speak about truelly are.

He is the exact opposite in every politcal thread here in nairaland.

Always commenting like an outcast that just came back to the country some few days ago,

without even knowing how worst the situation of the government is before spitting trash we know him for

i see him getting mass beatings very soon in real life,

or does he think nigerians are really happy with this frustrated and clueless government?

Speak for ursef... He has the right to. Support whoever he wants to support...

I don't know why u guys are pained bcpx someone doesn't reason d way u reason

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by packman: 4:22pm On May 20, 2020
veggieman2be:
At Last! after all the read up here on Nairaland and other sources including from real farmers I decided to open this trend to show off my own step by step practicals on tomato cultivation.

I will need assistance in terms of what to do when there are issues as the journey of my
tomatoes moves on because is going to be live with pictures of activities and progress.

I want to thank @Jidestroud for inspiring me both on NL and Whatsapp
Also @Okoroemeka the pepperman.
@Ogbongenet
@Olamimo12
@Jethro2
@pistotito the analyst
And numerous others.

Your advice would be appreciated.

thats the way to Go about it brother....

Congratulation....

1 Like

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by EgunMogaji2: 4:22pm On May 20, 2020
post=80982473:
God bless the works of your hands.

It is always good and refreshing to see we have some youths in the country working hard and securing their future.

This is just the beginning of good things in your life man.
Keep up the good work.

Following your success story..........

I was so happy to read this thread that I almost cried.

Youths needs to roll up their sleeves and get creative. Instead of sitting around complaining about Nigeria and Buhari.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by OKTolu: 4:23pm On May 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by DenreleDave(m): 4:24pm On May 20, 2020
Lamanii22:

Can you create a thread on how to plant banana and plantain please.... ??

Huh.. I av a banana when soft and a plantain when strong..

I av what u want
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by AmazingELixir: 4:24pm On May 20, 2020
cool

OP Weldon ooh...you've effectively joined the ranks of oga bosses..
Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by SeriouslySense(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2020
I love plants, thanks for posting, i hope i can garden one day again

5 Likes

Re: My New Tomatoes Farm by AmazingELixir: 4:25pm On May 20, 2020
cool

OP Weldon ooh...you've effectively joined the ranks of oga bosses..

Just try and employ one or two persons and reduce our unemployment load.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm / The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.