Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student (15997 Views)

19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex / Coronavirus Cover Up: Senior Consultant Suspends By Unilorin Teaching Hospital / Benefits Of Early Morning Sex By UNILORIN Professor, Musa Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by realestniggah: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
if only our universities are well equipped thing like this will be a norm.
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by DameB(f): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
Naijafull19:

It takes years for a drug to go from development to actually appearing on the market.

You have to determine the safe dosage, the side effects, whether it works better than the existing drug, among other things. All that takes years....especially if the funding is adequate.

Thats true... cos funding is usually an issue for some of the lecturers, especially when pharmaceuticals are not sponsoring the drug development and trials

1 Like

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by seborrhic: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
It has to undergo animal and clinical trials under standard conditions before any talk of it's higher efficacy can be proven.
From the report,I don't see evidence of any of these being done yet.

1 Like

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2019
DameB:

Thats true... cos funding is usually an issue for some of the lecturers, especially when pharmaceuticals are not sponsoring the drug development and trials

Yeah...pharma companies are too profit minded, and tropical diseases are not money spinners.

1 Like

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by damilola4162(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Grate job, Mrs Arowona. I respect her so much, she was my supervisor for my undergraduate project.
Better By Far, #my Almata
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by MizyB(f): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
"...
Our Alma Mata we siiiinng" cheesy
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by jesmond3945: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
camobri:
OAU can never can. But they can take pride in delaying PhD students for 10years. useless school full of senile saddists oi the name of lecturers. double tueh
you only delay yourself as a Phd student. If you are not contributing to knowledge no supervisor will graduate you. To contribute you must read a lot of journals, books and conduct a lot experiments.

3 Likes

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
jesmond3945:
you only delay yourself as a Phd student. If you are not contributing to knowledge no supervisor will graduate you. To contribute you must read a lot of journals, books and conduct a lot experiments.

1.PhD's are tough. (My dad breezed through his school and university with A's ...but anytime he talks about his PhD days...the man sighs. He got it in 3 years though..three hard years).

2.Nigerian PhD students don't have the equipment and facilites to do their phd's well enough , no thanks to badly equpped universites (One of my secondary school mates saw the writing on the wall, and got himself abroad to do his PhD.)

2 Likes

Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
jesmond3945:
yen yen yen. I said what I said
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by roliks99(f): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
#Unilorin
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by horlarleecon(m): 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
My brother wife and she taught me too, so proud of my brother wife, baker' s family.
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by piagetskinner(m): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Prof Obaleye is a brilliant man sha...

I remember when he got a research grant running into tens of thousands of dollars

He was also known as Obalium back in the day..

Thumbs up to the PhD student
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Maj196(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
That's an old gate
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by lobell: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
DameB:
Hope Nafdac won't frustrate him? A lecturer of ours back then who developed Siklavit for Sickle cell patients went through so much rigor to get the drugs approved till Rigor Mortis met him... He died before the drugs was finally approved

Uniport? Who was this please? Can we DM?
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Isaiahfeyi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
Good News: More Grace Sir
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Ajibade123(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wow this is so cool......see 8 attributes you need to possess to become a great scientist
https://explicitsuccess.com/should-i-be-a-scientist/
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by DameB(f): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
lobell:

Uniport? Who was this please? Can we DM?

Yeah U.P .. and it was a BCH prof, he died around 2005 or 2006
Re: Misitura Arowona: Anti-TB Drug Developed By UNILORIN PhD Student by Bbbwings: 7:17am On Aug 07, 2019
M

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help!!! My Recurrent Boils Ailment Doctors In The House / Coronavirus: Two Suspected Cases in Ghana Test Negative. / Strange Disease Kills 50 In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.