Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? (697 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? by gbogbolese: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2010
Hi everyone,

As you would all know, the DV lottery started like some 2weeks ago. I would like to apply but do not know if i would be considered if the application comes from the UK. I know I can apply but would it count?

Does anyone know if anyone has won from here in recent times? Else, I think they wouldn't be bothered asking country of residence and where you are making application from if it was indeed a random selection.

I want to know if to bother telling my brother to apply from Nigeria for me? Please tell your experiences,
Re: Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? by oyewolejos(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2010
The country u are applying from doesn't count its your country of birth that count. So far you are a Nigerian then apply anywhere in the world.
People do help their Familes in Nigeria in the US. Your citizenship is what matters not where u applied
Re: Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? by gbogbolese: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for your quick response, Oyewole.

Do you know of any of the category of people you mentioned (those whose family members applied elsewhere for them) that have won?

i heard somewhere that when they see that you have had the opprotunity of leaving your own country, then you don't need the chance they give.
Re: Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? by oyewolejos(m): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2010
I know of one woman whose brother applied for her from the US. The woman lives in Nigeria then and she won. Alot of Nigerians folks i see at school who came in with DV lottery do tell me their peeps applied for them from Yankee.
Again haven't travelled out before doesn't stop u from getting your Green Card.
Re: Do I Stand A Chance Applying For The Dv-lottery From The Uk? by gbogbolese: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
ok oyewole, it just seems like it would matter since they ask where you are applying from,

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Help You Facilitate Student Entry Visa(shengen) To The Netherlands. / Shipping A Package From California To Ibadan / Urgent! "where In Usa Can I Buy Diesel Generator (new Or Used),

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.