Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' (43995 Views)

30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad / Borno Nursing School Suspended 30 Students For Not Welcoming Buhari / EFCC Storms LAUTECH, 30 Students Arrested So Far (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by CORONATA(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2019
A make-shift bridge as a death-trap.

God console the families affected. And, may the souls of 'the killed students' rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by entreprelaptop(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2019
BoboKush:

Why r u typing nonsense all over the thread.... Honestly people like u one shld only pray such evil befall ur kids so wen u go through such pain.... U Wil av sense

Someone post the bridge u saw it how can 30 people stand on u... Were u also dere.... Was the so called VC dere.... Or is it that u r paid to be saying shit all over the thread

VC said the find the place suitable for bridge suitable for selfies who snap selfie in a bus at 11pm...use ur sense.... Stop acting stupid all over the thread
Common
This is a life of 3 student lost VC saying nonsense to defend rushing n here we av another goat typing shit

I just wish karma give u ur own cup so wen u remember this day..... The sense u lack u wil get it then

Mayb u shld goan tel those shit u typed to their parent
Ode
That idiot is galivanting all over the thread defending a mediocre Vc and glorifying mediocrity...the way some people think says alot about their mental condition...naija full cum fool

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by kebliss(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2019
What I see is a steel Pedestrian bridge, and I can bet you, it wasn't design. Just a look at the bridge material after collapse, and you'll surely be convinced a road side steel fabricator was contracted without any proper design.
More also, pedestrian bridges are usually design statistically under various load cases, putting into account a factor of safety for overall performance.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BoboKush(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2019
Altern8:

Now you’re just being irrational.

Every structure has a maximum load it can carry. If it is loaded with more than that it will fail/collapse.

That is all the guy said. I guess you didn’t understand that’s why you lashed out at him.

Example 1: No matter how sturdy your dining table at home is, it cannot carry the weight of an elephant. It doesn’t mean the table wasn’t well made. It just means the table was not made to carry that amount of load.

And u saying putting sign around the bridge is too much?
Shld substandard bridge has such be used in a school for student that r thousands in numbers that to go sch Monday to Sunday?

2 Likes

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BoboKush(m): 7:51am On Aug 08, 2019
entreprelaptop:

That idiot is galivanting all over the thread defending a mediocre Vc and glorifying mediocrity...the way some people think says alot about their mental condition...naija full cum fool

I swear this particular guy was just been plain stupid..... And to him he's making sense
That baffles me alot
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by AlPeter: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2019
9jaRealist:
Story of the gods... undecided

Who would find this bush path an ideal setting for late-night selfies?!

>
so this is the contraption that can carry 15? interesting.

I don't understand the fools trying to justify the trash the VC is saying.
Firstly this is a death trap. no real foundation built with its base on the river bed! Don't they know that the sand there shifts
secondly obviously more than 3 died, you mentioned 30 people were there, at least. So what happened to the rest. What of the injured.
thirdly taking selfies at almost mid night in a bush path. That's an obvious lie.
lastly This man should be made to pay for his insensitive comments

2 Likes

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by israelmao(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2019
Young people have youthful exuberance flowing their veins and the old generation cannot claim they had not also sown their wild oats,you built such a bridge in an environment dominated by youths and probably without safety precautions or signs.I hope the parents of the victims will do the needful to sue the university authority and claim damages.
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by janeedema(f): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2019
Thumbs up!
nellynonso:
I pray for you not to die like them and when your news is posted like theirs, we’ll blame your ghost too for your death. You don’t talk ill of a dead person, it’s called respect for the dead so you don’t die like them. Be wise. Don’t blame good people for their death!
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by AlPeter: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:
1. Basically the bridge was bearing a load it was not designed to bear, hence the collapse.

2. Which makes sense....though when the folk were designing the bridge, they should have taken into account possibility of higher load ie..buildiing it with adequate planning for any eventualities.

Modified

I advise anyone quoting me to insult me to read my points slowly, especially point number 2. Thank you very much.

You can also criticise me without personal insults. I think I have made my point without insults. Thank you again

Finally...here is what the VC said...

Which validates my two points...that a heavy sudden load caused the collapse, and that in building the bridge they should have taken that into account..the possibility of a heavy load.
The pronouncement of your name says it all.

Did you see the picture of the said bridge?

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by femi4: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2019
success1smyn:
Why on earth will a bridge on school campus not be able to hold 30 students at a time?
What's the definition of a bridge
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Darkseid(m): 8:10am On Aug 08, 2019
deltateam:

Then how did you know the exact time it happened?
You probably didn't read the write up angry angry

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by otokx(m): 8:10am On Aug 08, 2019
We can all see that the problem of Nigeria is not 1 man but a rather corrupted mentality which has just been displayed by a Professor.

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by honyham: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2019
Either the students or the vc need to visit Yaba left because what will the students be doing at that time. The kept many students at school area and after the rain the mass rush to hostel lead to this.
Secondly, the bridge was design for goats not students look the kind of material they use a nursery school children below 20kg can't put up such and the school runs engineering, architecture, QS etc

I proposed that we can convert the school to college of photographic study

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by otokx(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2019
BoboKush:

And u saying putting sign around the bridge is too much?
Shld substandard bridge has such be used in a school for student that r thousands in numbers that to go sch Monday to Sunday?

Their own is just to be looting the money.

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BigBashiru: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:
1. Basically the bridge was bearing a load it was not designed to bear, hence the collapse.

2. Which makes sense....though when the folk were designing the bridge, they should have taken into account possibility of higher load ie..buildiing it with adequate planning for any eventualities.

Modified

I advise anyone quoting me to insult me to read my points slowly, especially point number 2. Thank you very much.

You can also criticise me without personal insults. I think I have made my point without insults. Thank you again

Which validates my two points...that a heavy sudden load caused the collapse, and that in building the bridge they should have taken that into account..the possibility of a heavy load.

They didn't design it to take into account the possibility of heavy load because the engineers just wanted to make money. The vast majority of Nigerians have a very very poor attitude to work with an unreasonable emphasis on "making money" and being a "big boy".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2019
AlPeter:

The pronouncement of your name says it all.

Did you see the picture of the said bridge?

Grow up.

Thank you .
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2019
BoboKush:

Why r u typing nonsense all over the thread.... Honestly people like u one shld only pray such evil befall ur kids so wen u go through such pain.... U Wil av sense

This is a life of 3 student lost VC saying nonsense to defend rushing n here we av another goat typing shit

I just wish karma give u ur own cup so wen u remember this day..... The sense u lack u wil get it then

Mayb u shld goan tel those shit u typed to their parent
Ode

Did I insult you? No

Yet you chose to insult me.

Grow up.

Good morning
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by nattty(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:

Modified

Modified 2

Anyone who quotes me to insult me or curse me will be reported to the mods. I did not insult anyone, and I expect that as an adult you can make your point sans abuse.
It a campus premises where adults of different sizes and weight with either light or heavy item, u don't consider little amount of such, since u have a population of more than 3000 students. What if there was an emergency? The VC is pointless and u are also heading his way

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BrutusOj(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2019
africanusvu:
,so to u it doesnt matter 30student standing on a suspention bridge at same time static?even river benue dnt need such static load,so bridge that have been there for long it is only that day they remember selfy,what sense ar u making,these ar uni students for that mattet even if not engr student they shld av known it is dangerouz
And you believed the cork and bull story by the VC? Did you read the time the students were said to be on the bridge? Selfie at 11:45pm? Who was the eye witness that told the VC the story of how it happened?

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BoboKush(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2019
Naijafull19:

Did I insult you? No

Yet you chose to insult me.

Grow up.

Good morning

Grow sense
Bye
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BoboKush(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2019
otokx:

Their own is just to be looting the money.

Nigeria.... Smh...
It is wel
U can see alot Nigerian defending this
That why wen evil happen at tym
People don't usually pity em again

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by fasho01(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2019
NoToPile:

Exactly, this statement of his can make students go on rampage.

Very unnecessary statement, he should have just kept quiet, its insulting to the memory of the dead.

How I wish the students can do so, to serve as a caution to others like him not to wiggle their tongues insensitively and irresponsibly
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by doggedfighter(f): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2019
unite4real:

Read the bolded over and over. Am I the only one that couldn't understand it?
Read it over three times and gave up
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2019
BoboKush:

Grow sense
Bye

Same to you too, child.
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2019
nattty:

It a campus premises where adults of different sizes and weight with either light or heavy item, u don't consider little amount of such, since u have a population of more than 3000 students. What if there was an emergency? The VC is pointless and u are also heading his way

Please read my point 2 slowly....thank you.
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Mac2016(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2019
success1smyn:
Why on earth will a bridge on school campus not be able to hold 30 students at a time?

My mind as well....The statement from the management is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo barbaric

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by shogsman(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2019
The school management should be sued for negligence how on earth will they build a bridge that inferior.

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by BigBashiru: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2019
shogsman:
Ltge school management should be sued for negligence how on earth will they build a bridge that inferior.

Exactly - and they are trying to hide and cover up.

1 Like

Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by Chrysz(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2019
success1smyn:
because it's not built for standing to take selfie.
Re: 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' by tigerclaws: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2019
[s]
KahlDrogo:
If indeed the VC said that, then he must be a bit dumb.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Question Paper Of A School In Abuja For Primary Four Pupils / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.