Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello (9537 Views)

Ikpeazu: My Deputy Did Not Inform Me Of His Intention To Succeed Me / Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by nairavsdollars(f): 6:52am On Aug 08, 2019
* Kogi Can't Survive Another Four Years Under Him - Deputy Governor

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State on Wednesday denied having any knowledge about the move by the state’s House of Assembly to impeach his deputy, Elder Simon Achuba.

With just few weeks to the November 16 governorship election in the state, both Achuba and his boss have been engaging in media war over issues relating to his benefits and governance in the state.

Achuba had also last week accused the state government of withholding his salaries and that of his aides amounting to N819.7 million. He also said the last time he was paid was in 2017.

However, the state government described his allegations as false, claiming his salaries have been paid till July 2019. It also dared him to go to court if he desires.

The matter took a new turn on Wednesday when the lawmakers of Kogi State House of Assembly began impeachment process against Achuba.

The impeachment notice was read by the majority leader of the House, Abdullahi Bello on the floor of the Assembly.

The Assembly members accused Achuba of criminal indulgence, financial misappropriation and non-performance in office.

Bello announced that 21 out of the 25 lawmakers signed the petition against Achuba and described his offences as gross misconduct in office.

He cited section 188 of the 1999 constitution and thereafter asked the Assembly to commence the process towards the impeachment of the deputy governor.

The speaker, Kolawole Matthew, agreed to the lawmakers’ petition and ordered that a notice be served on the deputy governor. Matthew asked Achuba to respond to the allegations within 14 days.

While some have claimed that the governor may have sponsored the move, Governor Bello said he doesn’t have a hand in it as the matter is a purely a legislative affair.

Speaking through Kingsley Fanwo, his Director-General on Media and Publicity, the governor also said as a democrat, he will not interfere in the duties of the Assembly as they are an independent arm of government.

“The governor doesn’t have a hand in the move by the House of Assembly to begin impeachment process against the deputy governor. It is purely a legislative affair. As a democrat and believer in the rule of law, the governor will not interfere in their legislative duties” he said.

Speaking with our correspondent on Wednesday, the embattled deputy governor said he fell out with his boss because he was demanding for good governance.

He claimed that on several occasions he had to plead, beg and prostrate for Bello on the need to change his leadership style so that the citizens could feel the impact of good governance promised by the APC during electioneering.

While alleging gross mismanagement in the finances of the state, he said Kogi State cannot survive another four years under Governor Bello’s rule.

“The rift between me and the governor is all about the issue of performance and the infighting between him and perceived enemies”, he said.

He also accused the governor of failing to account for N53.8 billion funds the state received between 2016 and last year.

Documents made available to Daily Independent by Achuba indicated that the amount consisted of unaccounted receipts from the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

The documents showed that Kogi State government received a total of N104. 239 billion within the three-year period under reference. However, only N50.455 billion was received by the Joint Account Allocation Committee (which is supposed to share funds between the state government and the local councils), leaving a shortfall of N53.783 billion.

The breakdown showed that in 2016, the state got N26,146,999,320.62 but only N9,297,742,330.72 was paid into the JAAC, leaving a shortfall of N16,849,256,989.88.

Similarly, in 2017, the state received N34,549,400,031.71 but only N20,152,671,103.51 got into the JAAC, leaving N14,396,728,928.20 unaccounted for.

Last year, the state received N43,543,198, 591.44 from FAAC but paid only N21,005,459,434.58 into the JAAC, leaving a shortfall of N22,537,739,156.86.

The document also revealed how a separate N4 billion was allegedly siphoned from the public treasury through the governor’s cronies. It indicated that Kogi State government engaged the services of a consulting firm for purposes of revenue automation and management, as well as creation of tax payers’ data base.

The document showed that the consulting firm partnered an IT solution company for the automation, while a new generation bank was made the bank for revenue collection in the state.

The consulting firm applied and secured a loan facility to the tune of N4 billion from the bank for the automation of internally generated revenue process of the state, repayable within eighteen months from Kogi State IGR account.

The document contained irregularities as the N4 billion loan amount was credited to the consulting firm’s account in the same bank on June 23, 2017. However, N3.9 billion was subsequently transferred to KGSG IGR Lead Account same day. The same funds were moved that same day to KGSG/JAAC and then supposedly disbursed to all the 21 local government areas.

However, the funds said to have been transferred to the LGs were withdrawn in cash, an indication that it must have been taken out of the system fraudulently.

Responding to the claim, Fanwo said the deputy governor has been recruited by the enemies of the state government to cause distraction ahead of the governorship election.

“Elder Simon Achuba has been recruited by the enemies of Kogi State and All Progressives Congress (APC) for a hatchet job that is headed for doom”.
https://www.independent.ng/ive-no-hand-in-move-to-impeach-my-deputy-yahaya-bello/

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by FarahAideed: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2019
Lol

4 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2019
grin foolish joke

5 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by hisexcellency34: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2019
Swear by Amadioha if you are saying the truth

6 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by oluwadabira111(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2019
What do u expect him to say before,he will surely denied it,a bad role model for we youth

10 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by helinues: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2019
But we all saw your legs inside the impeachment now?

Anyone planning to vote for this calamity again will no see dodo chop

11 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by kolafolabi(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Only dullards would believe that Mr. Governor.

10 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by praise010(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2019
Nigerian Politicians always thing that we are fools.

Hello doesn't know that he needs as many people in his side to win an election.

Obasanjo once bowed to Atiku to secure a second time ticket before unleashing the devil on Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by hisexcellency34: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2019
Exactly. How can you be fighting your deputy during election period and you expect your deputy's supporters to vote for you?

praise010:
Nigerian Politicians always thing that we are fools.

Hello doesn't know that he needs as many people in his side to win an election.

Obasanjo once bowed to Atiku to secure a second time ticket before unleashing the devil on Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by Nbote(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2019
We know becos U are carrying it on ur head instead...

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by hisexcellency34: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2019
Funny

Nbote:
We know becos U are carrying it on ur head instead...
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by yemmight(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2019
You will not end up well Bello. You were given an opportunity to change the fortune of the state as a young politician but reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by Dpharisee: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2019
This comment is called 'Taqiyya' in his religion. It implies achieving your agenda through deception and lies which is forgivable by Allah if the aim is to promote and propagate Islam sad

3 Likes

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by kulikuli45: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Haq Haq Haq
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by DennisEche(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Bello Bello, You are now dragging position with Lia muhd

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by publicsensor: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Na me have hand in the move to impeach your deputy.

How you no go think say everybody na fool when there are still people singing your praises upon your atrocities.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by tolacoker: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
backstabber of politics
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by sammie99: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
My brother yahaya why you too dey lie like this?

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by money121(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Ok
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by honestivo(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Its not better you tackles the myriad issues bedeviling your administration ,than to fight in
dividuals

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by fatymore(f): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2019
I am tired of all those politicians jawe...

My Muslim Brothers and Sisters.

Ileya is coming and I am sure you would like to go home for EID.
Why dont you change your beddings for chikini money?

You can also gift grandma and grandpa as gift. I am sure they would like it.

Price varies but can be as low as 3,000 with pillow cases for bedsheets.

Happy EID Celebration in advance.
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by Kakamorufu(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2019
kogi and drama
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by deafeyez: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2019
Yes I know.
You just instructed on what to do.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by oodanme1: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2019
In need of direct UK used laptop with warranty?

Look no further…we are 100% reliable.
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by Popsjig1: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2019
We hear
Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by Endtimebro: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2019
See end time comment from an end time governor.
So you want us to bliv you

1 Like

Re: I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello by myresearch: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Naija

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs / Who Is Older Between Atiku And Tinubu? / 2023. Party Supporters, Learn To Market Your Candidates(Opinion).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.