Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith (33401 Views)

Inside Life: Tb Joshua Commits Suicide Taking His Own Life - Olunloyo / Chris Tucker Turned Down $10 Million To Stay True To His Faith / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by GISTBL0G: 8:16am On Aug 08, 2019
A man who had been living with HIV reportedly died after showing off his faith by taking a break from the drugs meant to push down the viral load.

@T0_0lu in her tweets which revealed why the HIV patient died, insisted that a line should be drawn between faith and foolishness. She also recalled being dragged since Sunday for questioning testimonies in which Christians do weird things all in the name of 'faith'.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/hiv-positive-man-dies-after-he-stopped-taking-his-drugs-to-show-off-his-faith

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by daddytime(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Mumuness

He obviously didn't read that part of the Bible that says " Faith without works is dead".

Now he dead....

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Valro(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2019
shocked

I don't blame him, I blame whoever was using religion to scam him

Even a Faith Tabernacle member no go try this rough play

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by realestniggah: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
People never learn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by IamSoProlific: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Quite pathetic....

My major fear for this Big brother of a thing. I always wonder if they do go for STD/STI tests before coming into the house, hence the way they fvck unnanounced and carelessly.

Same goes to our celebrities, mostly musicians with their extravagant and uncontrollably eriotic lifestyle.

I also do fear for the youth lately, especially our girls, the way they just mount on d!cks nonchalantly, like no tomorrow- I'm actually saying this from experience, most girls don't even know condom exists, the rest would tell you they don't like using condom, while some guys will now have a slogan tagged "TeamSkin2Skin"- imagine the sheer/gross stupidity, especially with someone you don't even know much about.

Na only God go save person for inside this life.

16 Likes

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Foolishness at it's peak!
Even the Bible says Heaven helps those who helps themselves... Many people are just stupid all in the name of being born again Christians. SMH!
He should continue to show off his faith in the grave. Nonsense and Maggi!

By the way, i keep saying this, Nairaland Front Page is gradually becoming a dump site for expired/old news... Most things i read here lately are usually posted on some other popular places hours or even days before they get here. For instance, this particular news was already on Instablog9ja on Instagram since yesterday and now just making it here... Shiorr

Modified : The phrase "Heaven helps those who help themselves" is actually a common saying and its not written exactly like this in the Bible. But y'all should read your Bibles to see different stories and sayings that suggest it...

4 Likes

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Mustiboy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
One Pastor Adeboye somewhere must have deceived him.

Now that he's dead, all the memories he lived by have gone. He now lives in a world of his own, a world of oblivion. He cannot know how people will take the news of his death, what people will say say about him, or how people will see his last deed on earth, which surely must be regretting his decision to live by faith instead of drugs to save his life. He is a loser.

May his soul, if anything like that, escape the fiery punishment of Allah and Yahweh in the afterworld.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by ayodaisi: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mosquitoes faith

2 Likes

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by MicheyJ1: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Taking your drugs with prayer and believing you will get healed is still faith.

13 Likes

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Ekakamba: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Can you imagine?
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
It bothers me to know how people still take God and religion seriously in this era of enlightenment, This is 2019 folks, so you still can't figure Christianity was just an idea brought about by mere politicians at the council of Nicea to keep people submissive for easy control.

How is it hard for you to admit your ignorance is where religion gain it's strength from. It's called FAITH because it's not KNOWLEDGE. RIP to the deceased, he died of ignorance not HIV.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by RockHard: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Too bad his 'faith' actually got him KILLED. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Toscarel: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Rrr
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Andhominem: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
He is in a better place... smiley
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by haryothosyn93(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Lemme go for the test too

Know your status today please

1 Like

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by AmazingELixir: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
lipsrsealed

A renowned philosopher Karl Max defined religion as the opium of the people...I guess the brother that just died of High-Voltage had excess of religious opium.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
It's Well.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by BlackfireX: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Arrest the religious bigot that brainwashed him to stop taking his medication.

That is how one idiot said CS is a sin....

Thunder fire you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ignorance!
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tithe collectors have played a fast one on him...

What a pity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by qualityovenbake(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
It wasn't the HIV that killed him, it was his Foolishness

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by DBossNG(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
cry
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Hakeem12(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Guy killed himself. Religion is supposed to be our comfort when the hard times come. God is our rod and our staff, the Great Psalm declares; He will be with us and bear us up when we take that inevitable walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. Another Psalm assures us that God is our refuge and our strength, although the people who were lost in that Oklahoma church might dispute the idea . . . if they still had mouths to dispute with. And the father and his two children, drowning because they tried to rescue the family pet—did they ask God what was going on? What the deal was? And did He answer, ‘Tell you in a few minutes, guys,’ as the water choked their lungs and death darkened their minds.

Here in Nigeria, we’re all on party lines, and it seems to me that religion is the biggest party line of them all. Think how the lines to heaven must get jammed on Sunday mornings! And do you know what I find fascinating? Each and every church dedicated to Christ’s teaching thinks it’s the only one that actually has a private line to the Almighty. And good gosh, I haven’t even mentioned the Muslims, or the Jews, or the theosophists, or the Buddhists, or those who worship America itself just as fervently as, for eight or a dozen nightmare years, the Germans worshipped Hitler.

And what do we get for our faith? For the centuries we’ve given this church or that one our gifts of blood and treasure? The assurance that heaven is waiting for us at the end of it all, and when we get there, the punchline will be explained and we’ll say, Oh yeah! Now I get it. That’s the big payoff. It’s dinned into our ears from our earliest days: heaven, heaven, heaven! We will see our lost children, our dear mothers will take us in their arms! That’s the carrot. The stick we’re beaten with is hell, hell, hell! A Sheol of eternal damnation and torment. We tell children as young as my dear lost nephewthat they stand in danger of eternal fire if they steal a piece of penny candy or lie about how they got their new shoes wet.

Stephen king revival

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by 9jagobetta: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ok
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by gurunlocker: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Some times you use faith but most time you use your fvcking BRAIN!

Unfortunately, this one used faith instead of BRAIN...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Daroxle(m): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
Wat an idiot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Hitti11: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / See What A Prophet Made A Man Go Through / Ben Eragbai Preaches In A Range Rover On The Streets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.