Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Nothing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nothing (2920 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / 'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo / UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing by fullofgrace(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2019
O.k
Re: Nothing by Kingosytex(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2019
First of all understand that suicide has never and can never be a solution to any problem. Let me give you an instance, my classmate once got her gf pregnant in our 3rd year in school, he was panicking likewise the gf. The girl dreaded seeing her parents and would have taken her life if not for the words of encouragement we always offered her. Today, they are married and living happily with their baby girl.

Please keep an eye on your girl, she must not take her life, I REPEAT, SHE MUST NOT TAKE HER LIFE. She must not commit an abortion, I REPEAT SHE MUST NOT COMMIT AN ABORTION because the repercussion might be disastrous, her womb might get damaged or complications might occur. Encourage and strengthen her, this is the best time for you to show her love, let her know you really love and cherish her, let her know that she hasn't gotten to the end of the road. Take her to a psychologist, i understand her morale is down.

Finally, tell your people the situation you have gotten yourself into. The earlier you tell them, the better for you. I believe your elders know the necessary steps to take in order to approach your prospective inlaws asking for their daughter's hand in marriage. I implore you to swing into actions immediately, it is better her parents know now than to know letter. I can't wait for you to invite we well meaning nairalanders to your wedding ceremony. I wish you goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Nothing by Davash222(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2019
Sorry, the only support you can get from me is my Prayer. But for the financial aspect, no way!!

When you were fuccking someone's daughter without protection, what were you expecting?? Plasma TV?? Or G wagon
Sexx without protection is the proximate cause of Infection and Pregnancy. If you're not infected, you give woman belle. Luckily, you've succeeded in the latter (not ruling out the former though).

Happy married life in advance, bro.

BTW, your moniker though. Fullofgrace indeed. Should be fullofsperm.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing by Acidosis(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2019
Just pay her dowry and other traditional rites.

I really do not understand what you want to do or hope to achieve with a Church wedding, a PGD and a Master's programme. I hope you have a job?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing by daddytime(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2019
I feel your pain bro, but please do not tow the suicide route no matter what.

Just keep on serenading her with your Obahiagbon vocabs and lyrics.

Trust me, she and the fetus will be humbled and gobsmacked beyond words or action.

Doxology

3 Likes

Re: Nothing by Xchangemadeeasy: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2019
First thing first, Congratulations on you scoring the goal. For what its worth, a girlfriend of 8 years and now preggy, bros you try and you should be commended.

Now to the issue. You have 300k and I hope you have an apartment where you stay then the problem is half settled by following the following steps:

Step 1: PGD is on hold for now...

Step 2: Gather the elderly people in your family to go to their house and ask for her. You don't have to spend a lot of money for that... Everybody around knows your situation... The implication of that is to calm down whatever anger issues they have and shows that you being responsible is Legendary...

Step 3: Decide if you will want her to move in with you or stay in her parents house in other to save the extra cost and emotional cost you will have to deal with living under the same roof with a pregnant woman with no adequate financial resources.

Step 4: You be ready to work your ass out in this remaining months before your she gives birth because if that child you are claiming to be Jabob is not well taken care of, he wont even come to J talk less of completing the letters...

Finally, know that this challenge too will pass. You are not the first person this is happening to and you wont be the last... She wont kill herself and you wont also kill yourself... We will all be fine last last..

10 Likes

Re: Nothing by DaniDani(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2019
Pregnancy is as a result of enjoyment and the end product brings joy and not sadness. How old is she?

Speak to friends she respects to talk senses into jettisoning that suicidal thoughts. She isn't the first to be in this situation neither will she be the last. Las las una go de alright! Don't rush

Don't rush anything now. But frequent around her. In fact let her be around you now. Within this period of time, share joyous moment and try create an atmosphere of happiness. Be the man. I was there in 2017 but today, truly God has been exceedingly faithful.

Then make plans for additional source of income. Don't be shy to start any legitimate business that can bring some bulks. I f you are a Christian, seek the face of God with a sincere heart, make a sacrifice after the prayer and kick-start your family as little and as possible as you can.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing by kheny12(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2019
Say no to suicide. I will advice you to arrange some of your family members or elders to your girlfriend or fiancee parents house to discuss the issue and conclude on the next things to do.It may be marriage or your masters.I wish you all the best but don't be depressed.
Re: Nothing by KpagoGIN(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2019
some time ago there was a statement by a moniker here on nairaland that I was really not so cool with but after going through your epistle I can now boldly accept that truly broke men are not allowed an erection at least only when to pee and for wet dreams....... with all these your big English latex seems to be too difficult for you anyways hope you know that Jacob wasn't the only child with all these your end time analogies just go and return some body's daughter.
P.S come which person soul are you trying to save and dating for 8years add that to your supposed PGD to come that will almost be a decade of dating brother you have not tried you better do the needful and who told you Nigeria economic situation will miraculous change when you are done with your studies? and from all your long story nothing seems to be wrong with you mentally, spiritually and otherwise just poverty and you have already planned how an unborn baby will then become Jacob of your lineage so without Esau where him wan take scam birth right from and the pregnancy is not all the reason for her suicidal tendencies na just say the life is just all about you this and that all that will calm her down is "marry her officially".

8 Likes

Re: Nothing by soberdrunk(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2019
Davash222:
Sorry, the only support you can get from me is my Prayer. But for the financial aspect, no way!!

When you were fuccking someone's daughter without protection, what were you expecting?? Plasma TV?? Or G wagon

Happy married life in advance, bro.

BTW, your moniker though. Fullofgrace indeed. Should be fullofsperm.

How can you be so insensitive, if you cannot support in any way why not ignore and move on, if the bloke take his life you will be among those shouting 'suicide is not the answer' but now that he has swallowed his pride and made a cry for help you are still criticising him, if we check well he may even be better off than you........ angry

2 Likes

Re: Nothing by fullofgrace(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Thanks for all your contributions, sincerely speaking now I'm presently in Enugu and to travel down to my place assembling my parents before going to gather the elders to see her parents would cost me #50k for going alone not of to and fro would cost around #100-#120k
And we have to pay first introduction money on her head before going back to settled for the traditional marriage officially and church wedding as well .
If I hard the capabilities of funding those bills I wouldn't have published it here. But for now is beyond my race line. Please think of it if it were to be your own blood.....
I'm just down right away my God I need sponsors..
Re: Nothing by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2019
First of all, congratulations on your milestone. A lot of people's wives are being fvcked left and right by spiritualist in search of babies but here you are.

I suggest you pay her bride price to stop her from committing suicide and also to secure your baby before another man marries her and your baby.

Education is a big scam especially when you get overdose of it without any benefit to your wallet. Use that money for your PGD and do the needful for now.

1 Like

Re: Nothing by Davash222(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2019
soberdrunk:

How can you be so insensitive, if you cannot support in any way why not ignore and move on, if the bloke take his life you will be among those shouting 'suicide is not the answer' but now that he has swallowed his pride and made a cry for help you are still criticising him, if we check well he may even be better off than you........ angry
Now, read the guy's post below you.

Your MCM is no longer depressed. He needs your money. Help him sir!!!
Re: Nothing by duduade: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Looool..

From your calculations... The 300k won't be enough at all...

You should have set your priorities before embarking on having sex without condoms...

Suicide ko suicide ni

As you lay your bed so you lie on it...

11 Likes

Re: Nothing by Acidosis(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2019
fullofgrace:
Thanks for all your contributions, sincerely speaking now I'm presently in Enugu and to travel down to my place assembling my parents before going to gather the elders to see her parents would cost me #50k for going alone not of to and fro would cost around #100-#120k
And we have to pay first introduction money on her head before going back to settled for the traditional marriage officially and church wedding as well .
If I hard the capabilities of funding those bills I wouldn't have published it here. But for now is beyond my race line. Please think of it if it were to be your own blood.....

You're still mentioning Church wedding. Seems like you're not a very serious person. Wtf is your business with all the elders in your family? Any elder, asides your parent, that cannot sponsor himself should sit back in his house. At the current state of your economy, you don't need 120k to do introduction unless you're an extremely wasteful individual.

16 Likes

Re: Nothing by jobexpert1: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2019
I will advice you to call her mother and explain the situation to her. Let her know that her daughter is planing to commit suicide because she is pregnant. By doing this you have forfeited her reason for committing, which is the fear of the parent getting to know. Then the parent can console her. The next step is paying for her dowry. I also want you to know that what happen to you has been happening since the time of Adam. You are not the first and you will never be the last.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2019
It's not right to threaten NLers w| suicide. She wants to commit suicide and you also want to commit suicide b|c you don't have enough funds for your wedding or wetin? After 8-years of dating you should've been preparing yourselves financially for your marriage, but since you've not, then cut your coat according to your size and manage what you have. Asking Nairalanders to sponsor your wedding and threatening us with suicide is selfish.

8 Likes

Re: Nothing by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2019
DaniDani:
Pregnancy is as a result of enjoyment and the end product brings joy and not sadness. How old is she?

Speak to friends she respects to talk senses into jettisoning that suicidal thoughts. She isn't the first to be in this situation neither will she be the last. Las las una go de alright! Don't rush

Don't rush anything now. But frequent around her. In fact let her be around you now. Within this period of time, share joyous moment and try create an atmosphere of happiness. Be the man. I was there in 2017 but today, truly God has been exceedingly faithful.

Then make plans for additional source of income. Don't be shy to start any legitimate business that can bring some bulks. If you are a Christian, seek the face of God with a sincere heart, make a sacrifice after the prayer and kick-start your family as little and as possible as you can.

So much wisdom and grace in this post.

fullofgrace, please pay attention to his advice.
There's so much you can do with N300k, especially when it's combined with God's mercy. What may be required of you at this point is to pay her dowry. Any additional ceremony would be a needless waste of scarce resources.

Be wise!

3 Likes

Re: Nothing by fullofgrace(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2019
With the comments so far I'm really impressed.
I'm putting down in writing most of ur comments because I will use them as a useful road Map.
And for those who think my post is mainly for fund may God never allow u to experienced unplanned situations.
But still I love u guys we are one family.
Re: Nothing by CanadianNaija: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
fullofgrace:

I really dislike people that threaten the public with suicide, what do you think will happen if you die? Highest, Nairaland people will say "eeya" and move on.

Now to the issue on ground, why can't you cut your coat according to your size? Do poor men in her village not marry?
You don't have money and you're looking at all these plenty wedding protocol, how much is the dowry itself?
Court wedding is less than 30k, and that's marriage. Tell both families your true condition and pay dowry only...the rest you can settle when you have the finances, if her family are reasonable people they will understand, I'm igbo and it's done.

Why do you want to further your education when you're broke like this? If you aren't financially stable with your HND is it further education that will make a difference in Nigeria?

The lady in question what's her occupation? You people should not transfer poverty down your bloodline o, this is the time to start preparing for that innocent child.
Make sure you don't spend more than 150k in total for marrying that girl, pregancy and child care is not cheap, babies need to be taken care of.

You will need to work hard in the months leading to the birth of your baby, it's not about just the both of you anymore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing by CanadianNaija: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
fullofgrace:
With the comments so far I'm really impressed.
I'm putting down in writing most of ur comments because I will use them as a useful road Map.
And for those who think my post is mainly for fund may God never allow u to experienced unplanned situations.
But still I love u guys we are one family.

Oga what is unplanned about unprotected sex that leads to pregnancy? Please stop the pity party. Rise up to your challenge as a man, actions have consequences.

Chest your own.

7 Likes

Re: Nothing by phunbyt(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
fullofgrace:
. Watching closely and curiously her actions like Ighalo's penalty in just the recently concluded Nations Cup.

This part got me �
Re: Nothing by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Na we help you give am belle?

2 Likes

Re: Nothing by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
So 2 adults had an unprotected sex that resulted in pregnancy and you're threatening yourselves with sniper and suicide?

You need to set your priorities right dude and stop guilt tripping members of a faceless forum.

Wait!! are you actually crowdfunding to sponsor an impromptu wedding ceremony. Haqhaqhaqhaq! I'm laughing at you freal mehn!

I hope you both have a well-paying job cos when the hurricane of marriage hit una.. You fit no get strength to write all these jargons again o.

Depression and suicide is the new way to gather sympathy in Nigeria. Tueh! You deserve some bouts of slaps.

7 Likes

Re: Nothing by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
yettymuse:
So 2 adults had an unprotected sex that resulted in pregnancy and you're threatening yourselves with sniper and suicide?

You need to set your priorities right dude and stop guilt tripping members of a faceless forum.

Wait!! are you actually crowdfunding to sponsor an impromptu wedding ceremony. Haqhaqhaqhaq! I'm laughing at you freal mehn!

I hope you both have a well-paying job cos when the hurricane of marriage hit una.. You fit no get strength to write all these jargons again o.

Depression and suicide is the new way to gather sympathy in Nigeria. Tueh! You deserve some bouts of slaps.
Keep quiet! You're the most insensitive female on this forum, always typing bullshit cos you want to be savage, it's not by force to comment if you have nothing good to say

1 Like

Re: Nothing by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
hatbricker:
Keep quiet! You're the most insensitive female on this forum, always typing bullshit cos you want to be savage, it's not by force to comment if you have nothing good to say
coming from a dumbass that squandered his earnings on punting. Now run along and gnash your teeth in your misery! TANI!

6 Likes

Re: Nothing by kristen12(f): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Really sorry about your current situation and I pray you get all the support and help you need, I pray your girlfriend's family understand and I pray God see's you through.

I'll have to add this here...
It would be very difficult for you to get financial help here. Scammers have spoilt this place so it's hard identifying genuine people.

Just do the best you can and God will help you.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing by glorious15: 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
God will help you
Re: Nothing by fullofgrace(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Oga what is unplanned about unprotected sex that leads to pregnancy? Please stop the pity party. Rise up to your challenge as a man, actions have consequences.

Chest your own.
Thank you.
Re: Nothing by fullofgrace(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kingosytex:
First of all understand that suicide has never and can never be a solution to any problem. Let me give you an instance, my classmate once got her gf pregnant in our 3rd year in school, he was panicking likewise the gf. The girl dreaded seeing her parents and would have taken her life if not for the words of encouragement we always offered her. Today, they are married and living happily with their baby girl.

Please keep an eye on your girl, she must not take her life, I REPEAT, SHE MUST NOT TAKE HER LIFE. She must not commit an abortion, I REPEAT SHE MUST NOT COMMIT AN ABORTION because the repercussion might be disastrous, her womb might get damaged or complications might occur. Encourage and strengthen her, this is the best time for you to show her love, let her know you really love and cherish her, let her know that she hasn't gotten to the end of the road. Take her to a psychologist, i understand her morale is down.

Finally, tell your people the situation you have gotten yourself into. The earlier you tell them, the better for you. I believe your elders know the necessary steps to take in order to approach your prospective inlaws asking for their daughter's hand in marriage. I implore you to swing into actions immediately, it is better her parents know now than to know letter. I can't wait for you to invite we well meaning nairalanders to your wedding ceremony. I wish you goodluck!
Insightful post Bro! I thought of meeting her parents first before telling my people.
Re: Nothing by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
yettymuse:
coming from a dumbass that squandered his earnings on punting. Now run along and gnash your teeth in your misery! TANI!
Coming from a fool who think she has it all. Get the hell out of my mentions.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Fiancee To Like My Sister. / Which Will You Ask For If You Were To Choose? (pix) / Can You Marry Someone From A Poor Background?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.