Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate (22234 Views)

Tony Elumelu Rocks Michael Jackson's Outfit To Xmas Party - Pictures / Tony Elumelu And His Twin Boys, Tony And Toby Pictured Together / Tony Elumelu Was In Vegas To Watch Mayweather Vs Mcgregor Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Love this man enterpreneur skills

Check siggy for your Chinese Yuan
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by martowskin1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
oluwadabira111:
Nigeria jollof rice, senegal jollof rice, fvck them all

Las las u will be alright
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by dayleke: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
simonlee:
Jollof rice that was cooked and served by a white man undecided
this meal is invalid for this debate!

The white man may have just been the server na....

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Jahskid24(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
pls oo... how is this news?
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Victorbaron: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Priscy01:
Serial entrepreneur, Tony Elumelu, has joined in the debate over which tasted better between the Nigerian recipe of jollof rice and that of Senegal.

Mr Elumelu had lunch with President Macky Sall of Senegal on Thursday.

He said in a post on Instagram that he tasted the famous Senegalese jollof but would not tell which tasted better.

“I went all the way to #Senegal had lunch with President @macky_sall at the #palaisdelarepublique so you know I had to try the famous #SenegaleseJollof. Don’t ask which one is better lol #TOEWay #jollofwars,” Elumelu said.

Senegalese pop star, Akon, was recently in Lagos for a Google-sponsored event where he added his voice to the debate, stressing that the jollof recipe of his country tasted better than Nigeria’s.

Deputy Governor of Lagos, Obafemi Hamzat, defended the Nigerian recipe at the event.

https://foxmeek.com/news/billionaire-businessman-tony-elumelu-joins-in-nigeria-vs-senegal-jollof-rice-debate

jollof rice is native to Senegal, the Togolese who worked there as house helps copied it and brought it to Nigerian households when they also moved here as house helps. The yorubas engaged them as house helps and learnt how to cook it from the Togolese. The igbos where not exposed to it because they did not hv need for Togolese house helps. If you ask me the igbos are worst at cooking jollof rice. The yorubas are better at it because they learnt well from the Togolese. grin
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Isoduwa(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nigerian get problem Wey big pass them
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by elishaelijah: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Even in NIgeria, there are different shades of jollof rice. My grand mother's jollof rice that she cooks with locust bean, that taste is out of this world. I don't know if that one is Nigerian, Ghanian or senegalist Jollof rice.
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by tunary(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
What's the reason for this jollof rice competition? if Nigerians jollof taste better will it create jobs for the unemployed? what benefit is this competition to Nigerians as a whole
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by chosengocap: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Senegalese jollof anytime anyday
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by FrenchyL(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
What kind of debate is this? The Jollof rice is of senegalese origin and it tastes better by far.
I can say so because i visit Senegal frequently and so i know the difference. We should stop the debate and move on please!
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by olamiposi007(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Darkseid:
Eating with fork and knife makes eating boring and tasteless, fuq etiquette. Even when I finally become the world's richest man, I'ma keep using spoons to chow and of course my hands when it's necessary undecided

I seconded. I use my hand to eat swallow codedly in the office and some ladies appreciate it as I enjoy the connectivity between the food and myself.
Who fork helps?
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Deepfeel(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Slowly the Ghanaians have been kicked out of this jollofrice war, it's between Nigeria and Senegal now grin
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by PetroDollax: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
Only unserious people talk about foolish things like jollofrice war. Ghanaians have a country to build. Let nigeria and Senegal enjoy their nonsense and useless jollofrice wars grin

Deepfeel:
Slowly the Ghanaians have been kicked out of this jollofrice war, it's between Nigeria and Senegal now grin
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Deepfeel(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
PetroDollax:
Only unserious people talk about foolish things like jollofrice war. Ghanaians have a country to build. Let nigeria and Senegal enjoy their nonsense and useless jollofrice wars grin

So all this while they were talking about Ghanaian jollofrice better than Nigerian jollof they didn't have a country to build? Or has Ghanaian finally accepted that Nigerian jollofrice is better than their own no they haven't
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by PetroDollax: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Well, the difference is that Ghanaians have moved on since grin since since grin because a jollofrice fight is meaningless and should treated as such grin only an unserious country will carry this debate on its head as a top national priority project grin even you sef, don’t you think nigeria has more important things to think about than a jollofrice war? Fuckeduppedness grin

Deepfeel:

So all this while they were talking about Ghanaian jollofrice better than Nigerian jollof they didn't have a country to build? Or has Ghanaian finally accepted that Nigerian jollofrice is better than their own no they haven't
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by rannyw: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
I can see Dangote there
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by PoliteActivist: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
All I can think of is this man is worth almost a billion US while I'm worth only $3 million. Chai! This life
Re: Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate by Deepfeel(m): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
PetroDollax:
Well, the difference is that Ghanaians have moved on since grin since since grin because a jollofrice fight is meaningless and should treated as such grin only an unserious country will carry this debate on its head as a top national priority project grin even you sef, don’t you think nigeria has more important things to think about than a jollofrice war? Fuckeduppedness grin

No Ghanaians haven't moved on they have been on it for yrs, from jollof rice, to football, to movies to music the competition is always there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 / Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less / CBN Directs Banks To Suspend Charges On Deposits Till September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.