Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? (2553 Views)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / Wife Gives Husband A List Of Chores To Do Before He Can Have Sex With Her / Ladies, Would You Let Your Husband Do This With Your Baby? (Photo/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 08, 2019
So yesterday at a coffee shop, I met a married Nigerian mother of three from Imo state who said that she had never done grocery shopping for her household, cooked, done any house cleaning, bathed her kids or changed their diapers. Not only did she not know how to do those, she wasn't interested and didn't see them as shortcoming.
Actually, she hadn't done any domestic work all her life obviously because she had househelp growing up back home and as at the time of filing this report hahaha, she wasn't ready for any domestic work brouhaha(in her words).

All those according to her, were being done by her husband and she didn't see any problems with that. I thought she was kidding but the seriousness on her face and from what I observed in her during the coffee break made me believe every single word she said.

....ehmmm before I forget, she was a practicing nurse who was there for a job opening in the military. All these started when I asked how her family would cope if she became a military nurse possibly traveling around the world.
The fun and shock from listening to her was however cut short when a colleague walked into us and she realized she was talking or should I say boasting to the wrong person.

I now ask, is this normal?

Lalasticlala, please come and share your thoughts as a married man.

2 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by izzou(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2019
Yes, it is normal

11 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by kaima1984(f): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2019
I careless about her

1 Like

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by genq(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2019
What kind of senseless post is this.
Of course it's normal! It's only natural that she had a househelp growing up and now that she's married, her dustband has resumed the duties of the househelp.
What a lucky man.

3 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by donbachi(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
D man na heavy Mgbawu man.
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 08, 2019
genq:
What kind of senseless post is this.
Of course it's normal! It's only natural that she had a househelp growing up and now that she's married, her dustband has resumed the duties of the househelp.
What a lucky man
cheesy

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2019
J111333:
So yesterday at a coffee shop, I met a married Nigerian mother of three from Imo state who said that she had never done grocery shopping for her household, cooked, done any house cleaning, bathed her kids or changed their diapers. Not only did she not know how to do those, she wasn't interested and didn't see them as shortcoming.
Actually, she hadn't done any domestic work all her life obviously because she had househelp growing up back home and as at the time of filing this report hahaha, she wasn't ready for any domestic work brouhaha(in her words).

All those according to her, were being done by her husband and she didn't see any problems with that. I thought she was kidding but the seriousness on her face and from what I observed in her during the coffee break made me believe every single word she said.

....ehmmm before I forget, she was a practicing nurse who was there for a job opening in the military. All these started when I asked how her family would cope if she became a military nurse possibly traveling around the world.
The fun and shock from listening to her was however cut short when a colleague walked into us and she realized she was talking or should I say boasting to the wrong person.

she told you what you wanted to hear

its very rare in most AFRICAN marriages

even here in west few men are househusbands
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by pocohantas(f): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
izzou:
Yes, it is normal

Lmao. Abi?

What is supposed to be abnormal about it?

4 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by izzou(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao. Abi?

What is supposed to be abnormal about it?

I tire oh grin

I think it's actually abnormal for the op
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by pocohantas(f): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
izzou:

I tire oh grin

I think it's actually abnormal for the op

OP definitely created the thread to bring the usual family section war. If at all it did happen, looks like the woman told him what he wants to hear.

5 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Normal can be relative.

If it is true, then this is THEIR normal.

5 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by drginger(f): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
It's not true, she is exaggerating things, many women lie about their homes and get other women into trouble. Yes she has got maids, and yes her husband helps, but to say she does not or has never done any house chores is a lie, even juju can not do Dat magic for her

3 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

she told you what you wanted to hear

its very rare in most AFRICAN marriages

even here in west few men are househusbands
I would've thought so myself if I wasn't there and saw her say it. From what I read in her mind, there wasn't any exaggerations in all she said.
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
J111333:
I would've thought so myself if I wasn't there and saw her say it. From what I read in her mind, there wasn't any exaggerations in all she said.

remember people always lie in confidence

a lie said too many times ends up being said to be true

but am not saying it doesnt happens but in mostly AFRICA its rare
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by temi4fash(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
drginger:
It's not true, she is exaggerating things, many women lie about their homes and get other women into trouble. Yes she has got maids, and yes her husband helps, but to say she does not or has never done any house chores is a lie, even juju can not do Dat magic for her

Exactly my thoughts
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by UjuJoan2: 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
J111333:

Is the husband complaining? What is your business?

Aproko!

11 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
pocohantas:

OP definitely created the thread to bring the usual family section war. If at all it did happen, looks like the woman told him what he wants to hear.

I usually do that sometimes grin

1 Like

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by CallmeKola(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
There really isn't a linear definition to 'normal.' If all these behaviours were exhibited by a man, most of us wouldn't read past the first sentence. We need to discriminate against the double standards of our society.
Now, I'm not saying the woman herself has no blame as I believe marriage is a partnership and the people involved constitute a team and should have shared responsibilities.
Then again, if the setup is favourable to both of them, maybe we should just mind our businesses.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
So we're just going to sit outside the window and determine how that family runs their home? cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Mizwisdom(f): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
Yes, it's very normal
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by chii8(f): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
Some women can brag shaa...

That's how my stylist told me she doesn't make friends with married young mothers.Due to the fact that her married friend told her that she's in total control of her husband and her home,that anytime her husband maltreats her in any way,she should just pack her things and leave, little did she know that her friend was bragging. Not until, she visited her friend unannounced and caught her kneeling down with her hands up like the way a child is punished. She even eavesdropped and got to know that her friend's husband gave her punishment with curses to spice it up.She opened their curtain and made sure her friend saw her,the later was totally ashamed and humiliated. Since that day,their friendship ended.
So forget it,when it comes to what goes on in people's marriage,some women can over exaggerate and tell lies.
One of the reasons I don't Facebook or do Instagram ish is because of so much fakeness some women exhibit there.It's even seen in nairaland but at least, this one is a bit of a faceless forum.

4 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
chii8:
Some women can brag shaa...

That's how my stylist told me she doesn't make friends with married young mothers.Due to the fact that her married friend told her that she's in total control of her husband and her home,that anytime her husband maltreats her in any way,she should just pack her things and leave, little did she know that her friend was bragging. Not until, she visited her friend unannounced and caught her kneeling down with her hands up like the way a child is punished. She even eavesdropped and got to know that her friend's husband gave her punishment with curses to spice it up.She opened their curtain and made sure her friend saw her,the later was totally ashamed and humiliated. Since that day,their friendship ended.
So forget it,when it comes to what goes on in people's marriage,some women can over exaggerate and tell lies.
One of the reasons I don't Facebook or do Instagram ish is because of so much fakeness some women exhibit there.It's even seen in nairaland but at least, this one is a bit of a faceless forum.
My belle oo. cheesy
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
drginger:

Stop projecting your reality unto others.

3 Likes

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
Who cares?
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by drginger(f): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
DivineFeminine:

Stop projecting your reality unto others.
NO vex
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Ishilove: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2019
J111333:

Welcome to the new world order, where the more you look the less you see. where lies are the order of the day and people think they are smart, but there are always those who are way smarter.
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2019
J111333:

she is a practicing nurse. there is NO WAY a nurse will not be involved on some level with tasks like bathing patients, changing bedpans, etc. Story.
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by Ishilove: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

she is a practicing nurse. there is NO WAY a nurse will not be involved on some level with tasks like bathing patients, changing bedpans, etc. Story.
It's a cold, fake ass world, bros.
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by ogawisdom(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
J111333:

Yes it's Normal especially for jobless husbands, your wife cannot be feeding your lazy ass only for u to be lazying around. Infact the man should wash the woman's clothes too. It's called role reversal.

1 Like

Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by larryking540: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
drginger:
thanks my sister, that's how some women go around creating ways not just ways but conny ways or words to motivate other women to destroy their home unknowingly,
of wat relevant is this discussion at the coffee shop now,

sometimes we should sit and ask our self if some discussion we engage ourselves is really worth it, to destroy marriage day very very easy, infact d most easiest thing,no all men can tolerate nonsense for long, not all men call beg for long, I know of a woman who left her home becus she HEARD the husband sleeps around, waiting for d man to come beg her more than once to come back na so she take leave her marriage for nothing, while the other ones, the husband slapped her and she packed out of d hux waiting for d husband to come beg her people becus she slapped her,,na there she take spend half of her life b4 she shamely went to look for another apartment to stay,

Woman like d op friend usually destroy their marriage by themselves unknowingly,

the moment d op friends travels for a period of time and d man start inviting some females friends to help handle d kids while he goes to his place of work trust me d marriage is already in trouble, Naso some women take day dash their marriage to another woman o
Re: Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? by larryking540: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Yes, it's very normal
sorry o, Abeg no vex ,is the man jobless,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gifting A Cheating Husband? / Things You Dislike About Your Father! / Why Am I Always First Initiate Sex With My Partner Despite She Enjoys It Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.