Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board (17650 Views)

Nigerian Appointed First Black Female Commissioner In Chicago / Bolu Akin-olugbade Dies Of COVID-19 / Professor Adesegun Banjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by IamHeWrites: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
An international legal and finance expert, Dr Adesegun Akin-Olugbade, has been appointed as a member of the World Trade Board.

Chairman of World Trade Board, Simon Paris, announced his appointment in a statement on Thursday.

Akin-Olugbade, an international counsel at ǼLEX Law Firm, joins 20 other global trade and finance leaders on the board as the first African member, Igbere TV reports.

Paris said that the appointment of the first African into the body comes at a most auspicious time, with the formal inauguration of the operational phase of the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA).

“We welcome Dr. Adesegun Akin-Olugbade to our cohort as we continue to strive toward driving open trade for the benefit of all,” he said.

Paris said Akin-Olugbade is combining the highest academic qualifications and professional distinctions with excellent legal skills, extensive transactional experience, and corporate governance expertise.

Before he joined ǼLEX, Akin-Olugbade was with the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group, the Africa Finance Corporation and the African Export-Import Bank in Cairo, Egypt.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/882979/nigerian-man-appointed-first-african-member-of-world-trade-board/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Alzirida(f): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Congratulations

6 Likes

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by SojiCash(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good. Omo wa ni

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by NOL2dworld(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good to know that some Nigerians are making waves internationally.

So unfortunate that the media only emphasize on the bad ones..

Well, For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, get is still hope.

Accepting Christ into my life will never allow U to live a wasted life.

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you...

If U have say this confession let me know I have some prayer points for U...

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Teewhy2: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good one, Nigeria is a land with lots of talents, we should be generating good foreign exchange from this but our leaders will never provide a good atmosphere for the talents to grow.

1 Like

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Yamleg: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Let's be our brothers keeper.
Do you know that 1000 people can contribute 1000 naira each for me and make me a millionaire?

9 Likes

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by prigoz(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kudos
Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by estyvino(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Since nobody has commented Yoruba Amaka, allow me please.

But that's a borrowed language which can be accommodated anyway!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by BlackfireX: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Just give this two tribes regional govt and watch them compete for excellence.

Congratulations sir

19 Likes

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by sonnie10: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Another prove that Yorubas are into commerce while Igbos are into trading

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by emilas1979(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Which one 4 Aboki self.
Abi na local champion dem be?
Everything 4 int'l stage na Igbo and Yoruba.
Better make we do Chinese pattern here.
1 nation 2 system.
Every aboki with him kettle.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
BlackfireX:
Just give this two tribes regional govt and watch them compete for excellence.

Congratulations sir
...these...tribes...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by DannyCool1: 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
First African Member.. that’s huge!!
Kudos to you!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by tinny898(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
"Yoruba"
They've been making Nigeria proud since 1960 grin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by emmaoyes(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Great.... Wish him all the best

4 Likes

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Donjcco(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
igbo amaka Yoloba amaka grin grin grin grin cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by beardedboy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kudos to the man.

That Yoruba man up there insulting Igbos is free from me and I'm free from him. I'm a Yoruba man and I say no to tribal bigotry.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Peaceontome247: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
Yoruba Amaka

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by DanielOc: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Incoming!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
We don come

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Donjcco(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nigeria is blessed but our corrupt politicians are cursed with selfish spirits

2 Likes

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by DannyCool1: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
estyvino:

Yoruba Omoluabi next time!!
Don’t repeat that again!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by BOAR: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
Omoluabi o karee laiye

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by datola: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Wow!

LLM, PhD, Harvard

He is Bolu Akinolugbade's brother. That's the man with intimidating Rolls Royce cars who also attended some of the best universities in the world and top it up with PhD, Cambridge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by BOAR: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
estyvino:

Omoluabi l’awa

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Mccullum: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
The is good news to Nigeria and Africa at large....

Hail the pride of Naija.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by Bimpe29: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Omoluabi, congratulations!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by pefosa(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
why is it that people like this dont come back to help this nation rather leaving it for .........
Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by obembet(f): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
As long as this man doesn't relate to you or your family... Then just congratulate him and walk away

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board by slowice(m): 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
Didn't disappoint as always.... Either igbo or yoruba

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Convention: How Adamu Emerged Consensus Candidate / Akeredolu Congratulates Tinubu, Praises Other Aspirants / Tinubu Embraces France In Early Foreign Policy Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.