Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth (7609 Views)

Biden Plans To Spur Biological Production Of Fuels, Chemicals, Plastics / P&ID: We Will Continue Efforts To Identify, Seize Nigerian Assets / Ambode Weighs Options As Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2019
cenaman:
Somebody will blame Buhari now.

Yeah... It's Jonathan

Zombies are walking dead people
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by shadeyinka(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2019
Nyamiri:

During the other times we recorded economic growth in Nigeria, were we export dependent? The ports are not helping exporters, police and army bribe roadblocks hinder transportation, electricity and multiple taxation kills manufacturing and you're talking about dependence on imports.

Tell me a single step government has taken to encourage exports when Buhari and his son spent the first tenure seeking medical care abroad.

Check my earlier post, I gave a live instance of what economic stupidity by the government can cause and you're talking about import dependency.
We are saying the same thing but with different focus.

FG made sure our factories are dead so that we can import goods. It is easier for the FG to make money from such imports through collection of import duties than to spur economic growth through industrialization.

We say the same thing my friend

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by Kingspin(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2019
helinues:
Not convincing
So you don't know that what is happening in this country is as a result of government collapse/failure
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by munex007(m): 7:39am On Aug 09, 2019
We really need a visionary leader
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by saintaustine(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2019
dondavinchi:
who do u want to blame if not d useless fool in aso rock

Respect constituted authorities. Whether you voted for them or not.
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by Nyamiri: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

We are saying the same thing but with different focus.

FG made sure our factories are dead so that we can import goods. It is easier for the FG to make money from such imports through collection of import duties than to spur economic growth through industrialization.

We say the second thing my friend

Hmmn.
Another interesting angle.
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by 400billionman: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2019
When you report to a sadist.
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by franudi: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2019
I will always blame the Yoruba for all these rubbish Buhari is doing,Igbos warned them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by bigpicture001: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2019
Tomide007:
The minister of finance is the problem .....when adeosun was dere ,at least in her first year it was the monetary policy that was struggling to catch up with fiscal policy ,now its the other way round....

Adeosun was a disaster!

1 Like

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by Tomide007: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2019
bigpicture001:

Adeosun was a disaster!
Personally , I beg to differ...
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by bigpicture001: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Tomide007:

Personally , I beg to differ...

Plz explain just two points on anything good sh did...just 2!.. if u can...I will tell u five of her evil economics

1 Like

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2019
You see what I m saying, thank God someone hv cleared the issue nailing FG for being the cause due to inability to form cabinet and expedite action asap.
Had it been Atiku and Obi won the election, the likes of okonjo, Soludo and some economic experts from SW will be brought upon to salvage the staggered economy buhari led us into with his economic team who had no experience at all. Recall dat Atiku wanted to sell off all our refineries to players who will buy them and put it into good use with FG having some % control but the cabals who hide under the guise of NUPENG & NNPC protested against it because dey lake money from the importation of petroleum products and are willing to fight dirty to see dat dey are not kicked off from the game.
Let's take power for example, Jonathan administration sold PHCN to different bidders who control each region of which their sole responsibility is to distribute to we consumers but the TCN & GENCOS are not living up to expectations. I solemnly blame Mr President on what is happening today in our country and I pray to God to pity the poor masses on the streets and sign ds grandpa out of that seat.

4 Likes

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by blujoi(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2019
Or Saraki grin

KidsNEXTdoor:

Yeah... It's Jonathan

Zombies are walking dead people
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by expert234: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2019
cenaman:
Somebody will blame Buhari now.

You commented like the Nigerian youths that Soyinka was referring to. Your comment is daft, empty, senseless and stupid. You make it look like those who sent you to school wasted their investment. There is no difference between you and that empty almanjiri illiterate on the Street.

Did you even bother to read before commenting? No? Shameful indeed.

4 Likes

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by dokie: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2019
EagleNest:
You don't give what you don't have. Nobody talks about economy anymore... It is to stay alive first.

1billion likes.

Economy? We are talking of surviving this plague of a president.

1 Like

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by IGBOSON1: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2019
Tomide007:

Chill for the guy nah.. He probably does not know the meaning of fiscal policy

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Wicked! wink
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by TSRC: 10:29am On Aug 09, 2019
We don't have a sound coordinating minister of the economy.
It used to be okonjo iweala, but since then nobody worthwhile.

Every agency in.govt is just doing anywhere belle face.
They are just scaler quantities- Magnitude but no direction.

1 Like

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by Reference(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2019
Nyamiri:

Hmmn.
Another interesting angle.

Not interesting. That is sinister and is the real definition of sedition. I should be made an 'impeechable' offence. That is warring against your own country. International trade is war. If you buy more than you sell you are being routed. If you join hands with 'the enemy' to subvert jobs and investments in your own country you should be tied up and shot.

Do we know that international debts were part of the reasons Germany went to war against its European neighbours, reparations from the First Wprld War that it couldn't repay. There are only end games for a nation unable to produce anything yet wants everything:

Slavery or War. History ALWAYS repeats itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by ElsonMorali: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2019
NigeriaAjoka:
lipsrsealed

Buhari is an Antelope

Antelope ke? You mean tortoise.
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by stonemasonn: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2019
Reference:

Not interesting. That is sinister and is the real definition of sedition. I should be made an 'impeechable' offence. That is warring against your own country. International trade is war. If you buy more than you sell you are being routed. If you join hands with 'the enemy' to subvert jobs and investments in your own country you should be tied up and shot.

Do we know that international debts were part of the reasons Germany went to war against its European neighbours, reparations from the First Wprld War that it couldn't repay. There are only end games for a nation unable to produce anything yet wants everything:

A section of the country is scared if Nigeria is allowed to industrialize they'll be left behind since they lack the education to compete in an industrial economy, so the best solution is to pull every one down to their level.
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by haryomikun(m): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
Nyamiri:

During the other times we recorded economic growth in Nigeria, were we export dependent? The ports are not helping exporters, police and army bribe roadblocks hinder transportation, electricity and multiple taxation kills manufacturing and you're talking about dependence on imports.

Tell me a single step government has taken to encourage exports when Buhari and his son spent the first tenure seeking medical care abroad.

Check my earlier post, I gave a live instance of what economic stupidity by the government can cause and you're talking about import dependency.
Both of you are right. The goal is to increase exports and decrease imports to foster economic growth.

You both are on the ends of the same spectrum
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by haryomikun(m): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2019
Reference:

Smart man. That's what people don't want to hear.

That history always repeats itself.

Nigeria can't go to war with other nations. The country will be at war with itself in the near future.

World temperature is set to increase by 1.5 degrees in 2 12 years. Industrialized countries will tend to switch to electric cars, leading to a drop in demand for oil.

Naija gets damn poor from the oil reduction prices, currency becomes hyperinflated and economy enters a depression.

All these will cause a revolution in Nigeria. I'm damn sure. cry
Re: FG Frustrating Cbn’s Efforts To Spur Economic Growth by youghs: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
thisnaijaguy:
Economic principles and theorems does not work on Nigeria

Nigeria can be used to research and discover new economic hypothesis.

one of the few sharp guys on nairaland..God bless ur brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Lagos State NAPTIP Human Trafficking Taskforce / Challenges Of Learning English Language / FG Reassures Nigerians Of 20,000MW Of Electricity By 2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.