Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,927 members, 7,841,529 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

How To Take The Perfect Selfie - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Take The Perfect Selfie (1554 Views)

Gionee S10 Lite With 16MP Selfie Camera, Specs And Price / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Itel Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary With The Launch Of Dual Selfie Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Take The Perfect Selfie by henryobinna(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
Not everybody knows how to take the right selfie, this is for people like me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

How to Take a Smashing Selfie

I have heard a lot of girls talk down on guys when they swipe through dating sites. They say stuff like “these dudes have a bad selfie” “I got turned off just by his selfie” So maybe the reason you are not getting that dream girl on those social media platforms is that you are bad at taking a selfie.

I know that you may feel awkward taking a photo of yourself. Yea, I have seen a lot of dudes who never fancy stuff like that. So I don’t blame you. 

But do you know that a selfie is more important than any other photo? Just like I said earlier, it is really what actually catches people’s fancy into your social network. Not only that, but selfies are like a window into who you are and it can have a large say in your romantic life.

The idea behind a smashing selfie

Have you ever seen a selfie of a girl with a duck face or serious look? I’m so sure you actually got turned off, Ha-ha! But a smiling face is no doubt contagious and you always want to swipe right “liked” more than once. The same thing applies to the ladies. That’s just how they see you too.

So, it is important that you give a happy face while taking a selfie. When you smile, trust me, it is contagious and they are responded to more positively. Your selfie should look at how you look. It should feel like someone is looking at you just the way you are.

How to take a good selfie for someone

When you take a selfie, you need to ask yourself “who am I taking this photo for” “who is my audience” Your target audience may be your Instagram followers, your girlfriend or maybe visitors on a dating site.

A friend of mine, Vanessa, once told me how she had to close some selfies she received from a man on Snapchat before the 10 seconds were up. It was so funny you know. But it’s good she told me about the major turn off. She said, “He looked too serious”.

So, when you are taking a selfie, try to have some fun with it. Loosen up and smile; give funny faces, or use some weird and embarrassing filters. Vanessa said “selfies of guys smiling or making funny faces are intriguing, attractive, and refreshing. 

The dos and don’ts of how to take a good selfie

Without much ado, I will give you some helpful hints to guarantee your next selfie will get much attention on Instagram and other social media platforms.

The Do’s:

Do practice and get used to the idea that you're taking a selfie and own that.
  Do smile as if you are in a good mood or just happy. But you don’t have to show your teeth from ear to ear.
  Do be in the light and show that you are comfortable with your looks.
  Do have a decent quality using good cameras
  Do own it and that you are not ashamed.

The Don’ts:

Don’t show off; just ensure you’re look cool
  Don’t wear sunglasses in all your selfies
  Don’t be creepy; just be real.
  Don’t selfie and drive
  Don’t excessively edit

So everyone, don’t underestimate the power of a selfie. But in all do’s and don’ts, don’t forget to be you.

https://www.manly24.com/how-take-selfie-photo-easily/
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
No 1: Have a phone with a good camera...
No 2 : Don't expect a perfect selfie with a low end phone...
Except you use GCAM!!
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by MrBONE2(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
No,3 Dont take selfies alone grin

Common always take them with your love ones and Enemies grin

1 Like

Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by henryobinna(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
No 1: Have a phone with a good camera...
No 2 : Don't expect a perfect selfie with a low end phone...
Except you use GCAM!!
GCAM can't improve hardware quality na
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by henryobinna(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
MrBONE2:
No,3 Dont take selfies alone grin

Common always take them with your love ones and Enemies grin
grin grin grin
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
henryobinna:
GCAM can't improve hardware quality na
Who needs amazing hardware to take great photos
The pixel 3&3xl have a single 12.2MP lens but are known to take the best photos...
It ain't all about hardware but most times software all matters!!

1 Like

Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by SofttBae: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
It took me months to learn how to take a perfect selfie.. Lol
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by henryobinna(m): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Who needs amazing hardware to take great photos
The pixel 3&3xl have a single 12.2MP lens but are known to take the best photos...
It ain't all about hardware but most times software all matters!!
it seems you have the wrong idea of what azing hardware is.

I think if hardware is shi.tss then software who don't do much, image becomes stupidly over optimized
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2019
Sometimes i wonder when ppl claim they cnt hold their phone and snap themselves honestly i can use both back and front camera still get my shot sharp with taste of class...
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by Blastedholligan: 6:44am On Aug 10, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Sometimes i wonder when ppl claim they cnt hold their phone and snap themselves honestly i can use both back and front camera still get my shot sharp with taste of class...
different strokes for different folks
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by Blastedholligan: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2019
I never knew there are dos and don'ts in taking selfie again. Use an AI enabled Camera jare and get on with life.
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by henryobinna(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I never knew there are dos and don'ts in taking selfie again. Use an AI enabled Camera jare and get on with life.
like Tecno and Infinix...?

camera angles, how you position your camra and even facial expressions matter too
Re: How To Take The Perfect Selfie by Blastedholligan: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2019
henryobinna:
like Tecno and Infinix...?

camera angles, how you position your camra and even facial expressions matter too
yea. Very true.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone XR Up For Sale At An Affordable Rate / Tecno Spark 5 Unboxing And Detailed Review /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.