Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues (12626 Views)

Bello Ambassadors Meet South East Stakeholders, Get Support For Yahaya Bello / Gambari To Meet South-South Governors & Leaders In Port Harcourt / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Bethel80: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
PRESIDENT BUHARI, SOUTH AFRICA RAMAPHOSA AGREE TO MEET ON CONSULAR, TRADE ISSUES

President Muhammadu Buhari and South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa, will meet in October to discuss issues relating to wellbeing of citizens and ways to further strengthen trade relations between the two largest African economies.

In a telephone conversation with the South African leader at his country home in Daura, Katsina State, President Buhari accepted an invitation to visit the country to further “consider recurrent issues concerning wellbeing of the Nigerian community in South Africa, and the need to promote trade and investment.’’

In an earlier letter of invitation, the South African President said:

“Your visit will provide an excellent opportunity for our sister countries to further consolidate and advance our strategic partnership and cooperation on matters of peace, security and socio-economic development in our continent.

“We will discuss issues of mutual interest and concern in global governance.’’

President Ramaphosa said the meeting will provide an opportunity to inaugurate a Bi-national commission for both countries to “effect the strategic decisions taken in 2016 to elevate it to the level of Heads of State.’’

http://www.bellsnews.com/politics/president-buhari-to-meet-cyril-ramaphosa-of-south-africa-over-trade-issues/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by bigeliot(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
Does buhari sabi trade ni?

29 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by thesicilian: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2019
bigeliot:
Maybe it's about buying and selling of cows.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Good one

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Number1ekun: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
Maybe he want to check there ruga system.

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by nrexzy: 5:22am On Aug 11, 2019
Finally.
About time we get to treat south Africans something....
If we pull our businesses from them they r going broke...

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Oooops: 5:23am On Aug 11, 2019
This is commendable and long overdue.
But I doubt the capacity of Buhari to handle any matter of great importance as this. If he is unable to settle issues of killings and arm bandits in Nigeria then there is no need for the charades!!!
Let’s just fold our hands and wait hoping the vegetables disappoints us!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by helinues: 5:23am On Aug 11, 2019
They should meet quickly before NANS scatter everything.. I read they shut down shop rite at Ota yesterday

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by ojasope2019: 5:25am On Aug 11, 2019
Make sure you express the masses' mind
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Bv7hg566: 5:26am On Aug 11, 2019

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Ibile77(m): 5:29am On Aug 11, 2019
God bless Baba. But, I hope he had been properly tutored on the definition, causes and effect of xenophobia?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by castrokins(m): 5:30am On Aug 11, 2019
Useless Meeting. What Trade Has Buhari Done Before?

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 11, 2019
Noticed countries like Botswana etc in that axis that are wealthy don't even send naija much

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Bliss76(f): 5:40am On Aug 11, 2019
I guess if nans didn't take a hard one on them our President wouldn't see it fit to act...well let see how it goes. angry
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by aroundtheworld(f): 5:41am On Aug 11, 2019
I wonder what this man is going there to negotiate

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 11, 2019

15 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by bisi16(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2019
Long overdue.
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by UdyOgwoUde(m): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2019
October? shocked shocked
If it was cows, will he wait till October?

14 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by tsdarkside(m): 5:53am On Aug 11, 2019
ojasope2019:
Make sure you express the masses' mind

yea yea....like south africans can go fvck themselves....!! angry angry

enough is enough....!!.... angry angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by emmabest2000(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2019
@longlast

Snail government

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Shimran(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2019
The earlier the better for both countries, the African Giants
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by fredogheny: 5:59am On Aug 11, 2019
na only fly fly this man just day fly
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by HabaHaba: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2019
nrexzy:
Finally.
About time we get to treat south Africans something....
If we pull our businesses from them they r going broke...

Don't deceive your self bro, the number of SA citizens living in Nigeria is quite neglible compared to the Nigerian citizens in SA. There are many Nigerians living and doing legitimate jobs in SA, some are into various businesses, some drugs businesses and etc.

If you do a Swot analysis between the two countries, and cut ties Nigeria will loose.
You think they don't have these facts? That's basically why the government of SA don't really care about how Xenophobia affects Nigerians in SA.

What Nigeria needs is strategic plan, and to boost their internal socio-economic welfare, etc.

Nigeria don't love itself or care for its citizens so how do expect other countries to regard its citizens?
Look at how even Ghana that use to eat Crumbs in Nigeria is now treating Nigerians now.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by tsdarkside(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2019
we,nigerians should learn to defend ourselves no matter were we are in this nasty world....

am not dying for a drug dealer from aba,a yoruba fraudster from lagos or a pissed of muslim from kano....

this is police matter to deal with this kind issues....

fvck you,south africa....!!.... angry angry
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by seguno2: 6:08am On Aug 11, 2019
bigeliot:

Just another excuse to abandon the people in the suffering and poverty that he has created, and travel out again.
What else does he do apart from junketing from one country to another

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by tsdarkside(m): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2019
HabaHaba:

Don't deceive your self bro, the number of SA citizens living in Nigeria is quite neglible compared to the Nigerian citizens in SA. There are many Nigerians living and doing legitimate jobs in SA, some are into various businesses, some drugs businesses and etc.

If you do a Swot analysis between the two countries, and cut ties Nigeria will loose.
You think they don't have these facts? That's basically why the government of SA don't really care about how Xenophobia affects Nigerians in SA.

What Nigeria needs is strategic plan, and to boost their internal socio-economic welfare, etc.

Nigeria don't love itself or care for its citizens so how do expect other countries to regard its citizens?
Look at how even Ghana that use to eat Crumbs in Nigeria is now treating Nigerians now.

i dont care to loose against those moroons....

what what....
you would tolerate them killin you anyhow because of money....??

seriously....!?

you are a sadist....
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by HabaHaba: 6:19am On Aug 11, 2019
tsdarkside:

i dont care to loose against those moroons....

what what....
you would tolerate them killin you anyhow because of money....??

seriously....!?

you are a sadist....

Bro, don't be so quick to pronounce names on people until you understand them. I didn't insult you in any way, did I?

What I meant was that it's not by cutting ties with them that Xenophobia will be solved, but if our economy is better than it currently is then our people could return home to a better living the we could say a good bye to them and take whatever decisive action against SA.
The question is, is Nigeria ripe to cut off ties or make good threats against SA?
Please don't imagine that you have monopoly of insulting language. I'm still being polite
If you are mature enough to discuss issues without using insulting language, pls let this pass.

Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by kittykollinxx(m): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2019
Imagine! Xenophobia since when and baba is just taking action. After 5 years in office. If it doesn't concern them, they don't care
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by Leonbonapart(m): 6:20am On Aug 11, 2019
What took the snail president so long
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:21am On Aug 11, 2019
I thought this man is on holiday to his family house in Daura Yet he still fixes meetings from there. Most likely he'll only be there in body, his mind will be in Aso Rock fixing meetings and policies and stuff.

No matter the amount I can never be tempted to accept a political again position in my life.

It's filled with unrest. No matter how hard you try you'll still get insults in return. If you want to have rest of mind in your life and grave please avoid politics.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by AngelicBeing: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
I wish they carryout xenophobic attack on him or even lynch him there sad
grin
Re: President Buhari To Meet South Africa's Ramaphosa Over Trade, Xenophobia Issues by tsdarkside(m): 6:35am On Aug 11, 2019
HabaHaba:

Bro, don't be so quick to pronounce names on people until you understand them. I didn't insult you in any way, did I?

What I meant was that it's not by cutting ties with them that Xenophobia will be solved, but if our economy is better than it currently is then our people could return home to a better living the we could say a good bye to them and take whatever decisive action against SA.
The question is, is Nigeria ripe to cut off ties or make good threats against SA?
Please don't imagine that you have monopoly of insulting language. I'm still being polite
If you are mature enough to discuss issues without using insulting language, pls let this pass.

Thank you

i deny that excuss....

you have the right to be anywhere in the world....

they have the right in nigeria too....

why should we protect them in nigeria and they dont protect us in their countries....??

criminals are criminals,civilians are civilians....

soo....dont piss me off with your nonesense....!! angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo approves Amotekun Bill, Draft Copy Ready For Legislative Scrutiny / Chigozie Okafor Arrested In Delhi India For Trafficking Heroin / States Grumble As FG Slashes N36bn COVID-19 Fund, Omicron Hits 57 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.