Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Lost My Dad Today. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Dad Today. (1204 Views)

My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. / Fought With My Dad Today Because I Caught Him Pant-down With My Mum Friend / Happy Fathers Day! – Drop You Well Wishes For Your Dad Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Dad Today. by fineboynl(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
It was still hard to believe. I couldn't come to term with it like in reality. part of me is still not in conclusion until I was told they have done embalming.

I don't know if its just normal... I still don't feel like I lost someone i still feel like he is alive. unlike the way I feel for people that are even far from me when they died. it feel like I need to be reminded every seconds.

I have been drinking and have drunk already.

please for respect seek. I don't want this to be on the front page. and I don't want anyone to tell me sorry or take heart.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by dollytino4real(f): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
sorry, take heart u hear

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by SenorFax(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2019
You are stronger than you think.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by bluefilm: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
So this fineboynl wey dey always talk nonsense for betting thread still dey?

Guy na wa o!

Sorry for your irreplaceable loss.
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by tellwisdom: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
Just cry and u will be fine. sad
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
My condolences, OP. Take heart.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by MPESA(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2019
My condolence cry , take heart bro.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:18am On Aug 12, 2019
That's life just put your self together and life goes on RIP to your Dad
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by cococandy(f): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2019
My condolences

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by chii8(f): 1:47am On Aug 12, 2019
May His soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:00am On Aug 12, 2019
fineboynl:
It was still hard to believe. I couldn't come to term with it like in reality. part of me is still not in conclusion until I was told they have done embalming.

I don't know if its just normal... I still don't feel like I lost someone i still feel like he is alive. unlike the way I feel for people that are even far from me when they died. it feel like I need to be reminded every seconds.

please for respect seek. I don't want this to be on the front page. and I don't want anyone to tell me sorry or take heart.

i might seems heartless

but it doesnt make sense to me if you lost your father today and you would have time to open a thread about it unless if you were not that close

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Pavore9: 3:24am On Aug 12, 2019
My condolences. You are still in the first stage of grief and loss which is denial, hope you healthily make it to the 5th which is acceptance.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 12, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

i might seems heartless

but it doesnt make sense to me if you lost your father today and you would have time to open a thread about it unless if you were not that close
So someone pouring out his mind is now a crime. Op take heart

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by sisisioge: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2019
It is well...may God rest him well.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by babyfaceafrica: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2019
it is well...u can drink sha
.but moderately.. it has not sinned in..na after the burial...las las,you go dey alright
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by czarina(f): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

i might seems heartless

people grieve in different ways

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Richy4(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

i might seems heartless

If there a particular way to grieve? If yes who endorsed it?...Is it ok then that he has the time to drink to the extent of getting drunk? was that the better way?
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by frozen70(f): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
fineboynl:

You will start feeling his demise the day he will be buried nad when you will need him to stand for you
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Glink2018(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2019
eccl. 3: there is a time and season for everything..

a time to be born , and a time to die...

though its not easy o! but the fact remains that live goes on....

take heart bro..i'm typing from experience
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Katier00(f): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
Your feeling is normal. You will get over it. Life goes on bro
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by sholay2011(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
My condolences, bro. It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Mizwisdom(f): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
Grieving is a long process, you're in the first stage which is shock, it will hit home after he's laid to rest finally. Then you'll start feeling it real hard when he's no longer around to do the things you remember him for. My advice to you is to try to get used to it as fast as you can
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by czarina(f): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Grieving is a long process, you're in the first stage which is shock, it will hit home after he's laid to rest finally. Then you'll start feeling it real hard when he's no longer around to do the things you remember him for. My advice to you is to try to get used to it as fast as you can
As fast as he can? He can't help it.

Truth is, he'll never "get used" to it. There will be days his absence will be felt like it just happened even after years.

We never truly stop grieving.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by PhillipPHD(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
Please accept my kind condolences.

It may seem unreal right now but with time you'll realise the truth when you begin to miss him.

Please stay strong
Re: I Lost My Dad Today. by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 14, 2019
Is that supposed to make him feel better? undecided

PhillipPHD:
Please accept my kind condolences.

It may seem unreal right now but with time you'll realise the truth when you begin to miss him.

Please stay strong

(1) (Reply)

Payment Of Third Term Fee When Schools Have Not Been Opened? / How Not To Talk To Your Husband / Letter To Parents From A Singaporean Principal (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.