Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,215 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (16734 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila / 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by orisa37: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2019
Change your name to Joe Igboyegun to be a square peg in a square Lagos.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by nonut: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Yes, I know some of their investment. Innoson has offices at oshodi- Apapa expressway. Nest oil has tank farm in satelite,Apapa, Ibeto has offices in Lagos and Orji Uzor Kalu has more businesses and houses in lagos than in the East.
They made their money in the east and established their branch offices in Lagos.
Just like Lagos, they also have their offices in some other states.
So, stop the nonsense attachment to a state that is not even your state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by orisa37: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2019
Joe Igboyegun kabo.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 16, 2019
This kind of man is very dangerous!
Someone who is quick to deny his heritage over a "Now effect" is very dangerous and should be highly avoided!
I'm sure he will be shouting patriotic Nigerian to high heaven! Promise him something bigger than whatever he is receiving now, he will be quick to deny Nigeria!
In the end posterity will judge all of us towards our contributions to the failure of Nigeria.
The point is, Nigeria is failed. The only thing holding us together, I say maybe the financial gains from the oil.
Any region that is quick to develop/have alternative source of finance that equals or above the financial gain from oil will be the first to break out from Nigeria! That i see now!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Commentor: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2019
TSRC:

And you manage to ascertain that because of the eight years of the buhari presidency.
Where was the Yoruba people in 16years?
We would remind you in 2023.

As you reminded them in 2015 and 2019?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by agaliboy: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2019
The truth is bitter. Igbokwe has said the truth, haters won't appreciate this. They'll prefer to spew disunity and frustrations.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by kettykin: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Yes, I know some of their investment. Innoson has offices at oshodi- Apapa expressway. Nest oil has tank farm in satelite,Apapa, Ibeto has offices in Lagos and Orji Uzor Kalu has more businesses and houses in lagos than in the East.

you still dont get it, the fact that i have a branch office in lagos does not mean my business is all in lagos , branch office for Innosson is in lagos but core business is in the East
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by SilasNwude: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

As it stands "TODAY" in Nigeria, it's better to be dead in Igbo land and be alive in other parts. The political ideology now is anything the Igno's support goes down.
[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by OdumegwuOjukwu: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2019
So why does the clown yap about Igbo every day of his miserable life?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2019
kettykin:
So innocent chukwuna, ibeto , oji kalu, Nest oil all have their investment in Lagos.
This apc na useless bastard, anyway uncle Joe make sure you are given a key ministry so that you can make money like Ambode before the bubble burst
grin grin grin
Ignore yorubakwe
He licks rear ends for a living
Nkemchukwudi knows grin
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii sarrki deomelo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2019
nonut:

They made their money in the east and brought their branch offices in Lagos.
So u are telling us that igbos own lagos shocked
Immhotep must hear this grin
Cc sarrki Afonjaconehead GMBuharii bastardmod

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by GMbuharii: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2019
Andhominem:
I blame Tinubu for this aberration. angry

Pigggidddiots deserve no political appointments in Lagos.

Allowing them to do their business and thrive in Lagos is good enough. smiley

Let me see the ministry they will give him.

Tinubu never learns! Piggiddioots will still not support his 2023 presidential ambition, let him give them his head if he likes. Neither will I myself!! angry

Sifia pains lolsssssss

gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Ekpeitit(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2019
References:
Spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos State chapter, Joe Igbokwe, has described himself as a Nigerian and not belonging to any ethnic group.

Igbokwe, who stated this yesterday at the House of Assembly during the screening of the last batch of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s cabinet-nominees, lampooned those he described as ethnic bigots.

He hinted that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) vice presidential candidate, Peter Obi, was the reason for the attitude of easterners in the state during the last general election.

Lagos should take the lead and be more open to other ethnic groups by giving them political appointments, he asserted.

He said, “I’m proudly Nigerian; I don’t know about east, west, north or south. I have been in Lagos since 1985. My children were born here. It’s high time we started building this country.

“I get angry when people mention ethnicity. A young Nigerian lady was just made a minister in Britain. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

“The reason for the attitude of easterners in Lagos at the last election was because Peter Obi was on the ballot. If Atiku had won, he would be the vice president.

“If 70 to 75 per cent of a particular people dominate a region, they should be encouraged. If they don’t get council chairman, at least make them deputy. What Igbo people have in Lagos, they don’t have a quarter of it in their land. If you see anybody that is doing well in the South East, he must have a thriving business in Lagos.

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/i-belong-to-no-ethnic-group-says-joe-igbokwe/
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by GMbuharii: 10:45am On Aug 16, 2019
LZAA:

So u are telling us that igbos own lagos shocked
Immhotep must hear this grin
Cc sarrki Afonjaconehead GMBuharii bastardmod

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Ekpeitit(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2019
These Biafra people think they can fool us.
You have no ethnic group?
Seriously?
Okoro Biafra.
I no blame you,I blame Tinubu.
How Tinubu for give Biafran man commissioner for Lagos is something I will never understand.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Reptyle(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2019
References:
Spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos State chapter, Joe Igbokwe, has described himself as a Nigerian and not belonging to any ethnic group.

Igbokwe, who stated this yesterday at the House of Assembly during the screening of the last batch of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s cabinet-nominees, lampooned those he described as ethnic bigots.

He hinted that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) vice presidential candidate, Peter Obi, was the reason for the attitude of easterners in the state during the last general election.

Lagos should take the lead and be more open to other ethnic groups by giving them political appointments, he asserted.

He said, “I’m proudly Nigerian; I don’t know about east, west, north or south. I have been in Lagos since 1985. My children were born here. It’s high time we started building this country.

“I get angry when people mention ethnicity. A young Nigerian lady was just made a minister in Britain. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

“The reason for the attitude of easterners in Lagos at the last election was because Peter Obi was on the ballot. If Atiku had won, he would be the vice president.

“If 70 to 75 per cent of a particular people dominate a region, they should be encouraged. If they don’t get council chairman, at least make them deputy. What Igbo people have in Lagos, they don’t have a quarter of it in their land. If you see anybody that is doing well in the South East, he must have a thriving business in Lagos.

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/i-belong-to-no-ethnic-group-says-joe-igbokwe/

I am happy about Joe Igbokwe's appointment as Commissioner in Lagos State. He deserves it both for his intellectual prowess, his contributions during the last elections in Lagos State and his overall loyalty to the party.

I hope that with this appointment, he becomes a little more circumspect and tempered in his speech. He tends to voice out his opinions without deferring to political correctness.

While that may be seen as a virtue in some situations, as a government official, he needs to be careful.

His recent personal opinion on the advent of Motorbike Hailing Services (Gokada, OPay, etc) is a good example of such statements that are unbecoming of a public official. It could be wrongly assumed from his statement, that the entire Lagos State Government is averse to the growth of MSMEs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2019
olisaEze:
I think this man is just a lackey and political jobber, and most of his statements are tailored to suit his boss Tinubu. However, if you remove the ‘tribal lens’ covering your eyes, Joe Igbokwe has made a lot of sense. The confab report recommended the same thing. As a Nigerian, state of origin should not be an issue where you have been resident for at least 10yrs. And if you decide to contribute and make a positive impact on your immediate environment, your antecedents & capabilities alone should be the determining factor and not if your forefathers were the first settlers on that soil. We can’t continue with the way we have been carrying on, Nigeria needs a total overhaul to survive this century!
You have oil in your brain unlike most posters who didn't really understand what the man is talking about

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Fuckthamods: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2019
This guy is a sellout and sellouts shouldn't be trusted but anyways, birds of the same feathers flock together.

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2019
Guide777:
Joe Igbokwe will soon realise the full implication of being a Bat. In Animal kingdom , Birds think Bat is a mammal and they don't trust him because he doesn't have feathered wings like them. Even mammals also looks like him in astonishment because unlike other mammals he fly's . that's why Bats moves at night. Its good he knows that he is a Bat with no ethnic affiliation. Unfortunately for him, there is nothing like Nigerian without ethnicity.
What he was trying to say flew over your understanding.
He meant that he's a Nigerian and had lived in Lagos since 1985 meaning he has a right just like any Yoruba in Lagos.
If a foreigner having lived in Nigeria for 15 years or more can naturalize and become a Nigerian and choosing a state, what makes him as a Nigerian from not having such privilege.
He even said something about abolishing state of origin in any form to be filled if he was the president, is this not what is obtainable in advanced countries?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Zane2point4(m): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2019
MrFly:
must he belong to any meeting?

Wait wait, how old are you?

So you dont know the importance of village meetings in igbo land?
You wan make he use himsef bury himsef when he dies?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by suremanpatriot: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2019
Uncle Joe good to hear your voice because you are inspiring the youth with exemplary conduct.Tks grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by famouscargo4u: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
nonut:

They made their money in the east and established their branch offices in Lagos.

how are sure it is not my state? more so, having your head office in a location means a whole lot. Do not make a mountain of a mole hill.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by throwaway: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

In other words, it was a British man called Frederick Lugard who decided Joe Igbokwe's ethnic identity for him?

Joe Igbokwe is still suffering from colonial mentality

If Lugard has decided to to call Nigeria "Imbecilia", Joe Igbokwe would have been proud to call himself an "slowpoke" by now.

Joe Igbokwe should give Lugard all the glory for coming from Europe to tell him who is
And who decided ur ethnicity? You?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by gidgiddy: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
throwaway:

And who decided ur ethnicity? You?

Donald Trump

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by 042gist: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
I suggest the West should just exchange this man for FFK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

Donald Trump
Before the British colonists came, what was your ethnicity and what do your people refer themselves as?
What is the meaning of Biafra in your language and who coined the name?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Director, Senior Operatives Arrested For Leaking Information To Bloggers / PHOTOS: Fayose And Makarfi At PDP NEC Meeting / PDP Tells Buhari He Has Handed The Presidential Villa To Illegal Occupants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.