Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel (25648 Views)

Lagos Begins Publication Of Details Of Sex Offenders / Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Photos Of Sex Offenders In Ekiti Will Be Posted In Public Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Ekiti360(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ekiti State Commences Naming, Shaming of Sex Offenders...Names Priest Who Raped 7 Year Old Girl

The Government of Ekiti State has commenced the public naming and Shaming of convicted sex offenders in the State.

The Attorney-General of the State Olawale Fapohunda had earlier this year issued a statement on practical measures aimed at curbing sexual violence in the State.

Fapohunda said that " the State government is concerned about the frequency of reported cases of sexual violence. It has therefore become necessary to put in place proactive measures to halt this trend. One of these measures include public notification of the status of convicted sex offenders by showing their photographs on Ekiti State Broadcasting Service and announcing their names on Radio Stations in the State"

According to a statement issued by the office of Attorney- General, Ministry of Justice Ekiti State, today " The Ministry of Justice has today began the publication of the names and photographs of convicted sex offenders in the State. We are commencing with a Public Notice on the status of Reverend Asateru Gabriel, a former Anglican priest who was convicted for the Sexual Abuse of a seven year old girl. Reverend Gabriel is currently serving a five year prison sentence in Federal Prisons Ado Ekiti. This publication is in furtherance of the Fayemi administration’s zero tolerance policy for all forms of violence against Women and Children."

Other additional measures to curb Sexual Violence in the State as announced by Fapohunda include:

i. Pasting the Photographs of convicted sex offenders in prominent public spaces in their communities and their Local Government Headquarters;

ii. Issuing an advisory to the traditional ruler of the sex offender’s community on the status of the offender;

iii. Uploading the Sex Offenders photograph on the website of the Ministry of Justice.

iv. Compulsory psychiatric tests for all Persons of whom the Director of Public Prosecution (D.P.P) has issued ‘a case to answer’ legal opinion for the offence of Child defilement.

https://abiodunborisade.com/ekiti-state-commences-naming-shaming-of-sex-offendersnames-priest-who-raped-7-year-old-girl/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Fuckyoumod: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2019
Perfect.... It has gooten to that point

30 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Codes151(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
Lol
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Meti99(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
grin
Ifayemi, and you think this is the best way to go...?
Tell me you are innocent.
I wish ekiti people will also shame stone you if after 4years you didn't perform to expectations of the people.

I wonder if this is the development ekiti people voted for or another waste of a governor

#For those scum heads misquoting me, I am never in support of rape or abuse of minors, but there is a law and punishments for that already, your governor should not present it as if it is an achievement.
He should do something better.
Shikena

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by naijadrivablog: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
PS: No support given to those idiot sex offenders.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by visita: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
Best news I've read so far. Thumbs up to Ekiti State Government.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Onlyonebuhari: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
CAN will not take this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by jaydeeking(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Wow
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Commentor: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Very good.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by babamadiba(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Action governor..

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by shamsin6300(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
I only feel for his children.

May God give us 2de power 2 always control ourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by ekobami: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
There has been constant power supply and water in the whole Ekiti since this news was published.

And my dead grandmother just came back to life.

What a NEWS

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Cosmatikka: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by project8(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Way to go
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by kareemkamil(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nice one
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Rejoice9jaBlog: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yawhizzy ft Zlatan - Fine Girls Bad

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE MUSIC:
==>>>https://rejoiceboysblog./2019/08/12/music-yawhizzy-fine-girls-bad/

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by seyilabi(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
such deed should be replicated in all state of the federation to stop this unwholesome act. Good one from Gov. Fayemi.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Chukwurah003: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
PDP can only produce people like Fayose

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Rebuke: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nice!!! Let's make it a national thing o.

Every state should emulate Ekiti on this...... cheesy

Then we should also begin to do d same to all the thieving politicians tongue

Weldone Ekiti!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by fourlarring(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
See news way dey come out from my home town.....

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by ssogundele(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2019
Good way to go! We are waiting for such in our political and economic space! We want to stop using embezzlement or misappropriation but to start using stealing and theft for the politicias who molest our public funds and the business executives that steal or theft company money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by nonut: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
Meti99:
grin
I wish ekiti people will also shame stone you if after 4years you didn't perform to expectations of the people.

I pity this man's children.

I wonder if this is the development ekiti people voted for or another waste of a governor

Wtf?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by chloride6: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
The next president of the FRN.

cheesy
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by ednut1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2019
Most of these pastors are criminals tufiakwa
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Rebuke: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
Meti99:
grin

Shut up!!! If the man is guilty as charged then this is good for him

20 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by AngelicBeing: 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
cool
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Egbesu1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Meti99:
grin

I can see you are one of them, someone will do this to your child n we will see how you feel, if them carry another person dead bony e go look like fire wood, when e affect you then you will need sympathy from people. Idiot

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Rubbish move.
We all know how it is with our "Justice" here.
If this man here was rich and appealed this case and with the usual magomago..won the case, would the yeye state government publicise his picture and offence?
I am not in support of rape and pedophilia cases.
Maybe Fayemi na angel..but what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Kukuma dey you expose all criminals; looters, election riggers, bribe takers, contract fraudsters etc, make we con see how many people be innocent for Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by loadedvibes: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Lol.. hahaha
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Frankyboy1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
Na so
Re: Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel by Frankyboy1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
Na so ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blessing Ayeni: Woman & Her 8-Month-Old Baby Missing In Ogun (Photos) / Woman Selling Her Twin Babies For N350,000 In Katsina Arrested By Police (Photos / Man Lynched For Snatching A Motorcycle In Benue. Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.