Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) (73642 Views)

ATM Scam: New Technique Used By Fraudsters To Get Victims Card Details (VIDEO) / 2 Young Ladies Fighting in class, panties exposed, video goes viral (Photos) / New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Memberclub(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Kingpee2:
My dad once told me that my son go to school so that you won’t be deprived of so many things ,now I understand better ,why in the world do I need someone to to assist me with ATM transactions,I’m not the smartest dude in the world but a bit of illiteracy will make you fall for this ...
even my mama wey no finish primary school sabi use atm by herself
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2019
whats it ignorance or low self esteem
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Kapeter(m): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2019
i hate computer illiterates ampa. I might be an illiterate in every other thing buh surely not computers when the thing clearly tell you what to do next incase you are confuse and don't know what to do. I didn't even learn computer self, an elder cousin only took me to the cyber cafe once, just once and i realized the computer was even helping out on its own. People should focus more on being computer literate in this digital age or else, they will be victimised in virtually everything. The world is computerised now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Timhigher(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2019
if to say the guysucceed .... on Monday the guy will post ur MCM .....Tuesday he drop quote.... like this God help those who helped themselves... Damn!! inside life
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by toprealman: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2019
Kingpee2:
My dad once told me that my son go to school so that you won’t be deprived of so many things ,now I understand better ,why in the world do I need someone to to assist me with ATM transactions,I’m not the smartest dude in the world but a bit of illiteracy will make you fall for this ...
I won't be surprised if that guy never stepped into the four walls of a University and yet his victim is a graduate.
Be smart, act confidently, be curtious but at the same time always think street!
Imagine a total stranger asking me to make a transfer for him Never happened, doubt if they will have the courage to ask for such "favours"

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2019
itswell2019:
Ladies and their entitlement mentality..... No free lunch tongue.......you have to pay grin......and she payed angry
hahaha!! your illustration is so true...Asking for favour?
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2019
itswell2019:
Ladies and their entitlement mentality..... No free lunch tongue.......you have to pay grin......and she payed angry

heheheh front seat of car?
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Olastep1(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2019
Cool
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2019
whirlwind7:

I should feel some compassion for the victim, right? But watching this, I feel anger instead.
I'm angry with her...I mean, how could you just relax and allow a total stranger to take charge of the transaction you were trying to do in a public space? All this, without you asking for his help, especially with something sensitive as finance and personal details?

See, those crooks assess your appearance before they decide to make a move or not. She looked like a bimbo. Easy prey!
Absolutely! She is probarbly one those who would Argue with you over an Academic issues.

She is indeed a bimbo, i have no sympathy for her.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by SEGLIZ: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2019
Kingpee2:

you have actually made my day.
keep increasing in wisdom and knowledge.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2019
toprealman:
I won't be surprised if that guy never stepped into the four walls of a University and yet his victim is a graduate.
%100000 correct!
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by LordofGenerals: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2019
I hope you are not another fraudster? Too many of them are now online. WATCH OUT!!!
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2019
The ones that annoy me the most are the educated illiterates who go to use an ATM and on sighting a long queue, they just hand their ATM card with the password to a complete stranger to help them withdraw. Once they approach me, I always try my best to tell them ATM passwords shouldn't be disclosed to strangers 'cause to the best of my knowledge, it could be a stolen card and the automated machine would capture me making a withdrawal. Imagine if it's given to a scammer.

5 Likes

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2019
That Bimbo probarbly only knows how to post pictures of selfies, her breasts and bottom on facebook and instargram.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Witamexo: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2019
K
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2019
No matter how close you are to me at the atm, there is nothing you tell me that I will believe

Verified WeChat and Alipay wallet available.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by goshen26: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2019
kereman1:
A very humble man. A caring President
He even picks his teeth himself.
Who doesn't love this man?

So someone should help him pick his own teeth?

Why don't u ask someone to bath him too
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by pocohantas(f): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2019
ornicus:

the security of banks are poorly paid third party contract staff.
as far as i am concerned, hey are in on most of these scams

Hehehehe. You sef
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2019
I don't get it, so I work hard in the cold allday for my money, Run around Allday do to my business, And my money goes into my banks at the end of the day.

And what do i do? when it's time to witdraw my hard earned cash, I let a stranger witdraw the cash for me? sad

That woman should be whipped 100 lashes, Anyway, who knows? the woman could be the scammer.

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Parada: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2019
How about trying not to be foolish for a weekend ?! Am sure you can do it, APC is a scared where did the cursed God forsaken PDP leave Nigeria after 16 years of unrelenting massacre ? Is Igbo land no longer a shithole every living thing want to escape from after 20 plus years of cursed PDP ?

whatmoreng:
Am surprised that APC UK Twitter is posting interesting and meaningful stuffs.
After all said n done. this is the exact scam APC government has subjected us to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by WHITELIGHTER: 11:46am On Aug 17, 2019
A similar culprit was caught in benin some weeks ago....
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2019
pocohantas:

Hehehehe. You sef

we used to have a policy [not enforced so much anymore] of hiring third party security to man our project sites
most of these security companies are put together by Ogas in management
most of the guys engaged may as well be picked up from the street and given a uniform
no training per se. na he ones sent to head office that will have the best packaging. anywhere else, you take what you get.

items on site will disappear. the moment you make threats of fire and brimstone, they miraculously reappear - because the security hid them and was waiting to see if anyone would notice

you have all sorts of funny things happen, even in the office. one started a fire because he went to iron or maybe cook indomie one night
another tripped off the office ups carrying the oracle server over the weekend when he brought iron and connected to ups socket

last last you mind your business before one oga starts disturbing you

one truly frustrating project - i triple heard it. we were upgrading a station, and the dealer na ceo mama. everyone else, will exit site during upgrade, but she insisted on leaving all her stuff. over 1 million naira worth of stuff was stolen. between casual workers, station staff and the security.

when the security was threatened with jail time, that was how we found that he and one of the casual workers on site had temporarily stored some hifi equipment in a residence in the neighborhood. remember the video of the Togolese houseboy murdered denying any knowledge. very convincing until police showed him videos of him killing those people. na so dem go dey wind you. i no know, i no sabi, God will judge. . .etc etc

2 Likes

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by otomatic(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2019
It is not the bank guards'/staff's job to assist you with ATM transactions. Reason is that, if a fraud is later committed on your account, you'll come back to accuse and sack them. So either learn to do it yourself or do not subscribe to the service.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2019
hmm
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by taikonet005(m): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2019
Thank God we have EFCC in this country they will soon get him arrested. The heart of a man.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2019
OK

hmm
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
An intelligent person will know.After he has assisted you and he swap your ATM card thereafter,check the ATM card and see if your name is on the card.If it is not raise an alarm immediately. Every ATM card has the name of the owner written on it.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Unrated900(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
chiommy123:
I think to reduce this its better the bank staffs assist than just any body cos we'll definitely need help at some point

Are you sure the bank staffs will come out and assist u

Some of them are even hashed on customers

Security man is the best to assist my sister
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Unrated900(m): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
eleojo23:

I wonder the same o

Some people are just wicked.

Believe me they are
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Longman313(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
WalkerMichael:
This is 2019. Why shouldnt anyone know how to use the MACHINE YET?

Why collect the card if you can't use the ATM?

Nawa for some Nigerians!

Modified: the lady in the video even looks so young - should be under 25 at most. How could she have given her card to a TOTAL STRANGER Or even allowed a stranger use the machine for her? I don't know what to call this.
imagine giving a stranger your card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Felix Onu: Obituary Of Trader Shot Dead In Ladipo Market (Photos) / 2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic / ABU Student, Aisha Abdulganiyu Is Alive, Didn't Commit Suicide - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.